closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex prices softening ?

Master
    I understand that China has just 'opened up' so to speak, so could see a spike in demand which could have an impact on things?

I also can't really see any modern all steel Rolex being available at less than RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Yeh you are correct
    probably undercooked that by a couple of thousand
    one on watch collecting today currently at 15.1K so will see where that goes
    I've just checked and it looks like the auction ended at £15,100 without meeting reserve?

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Yeah id agree with that. The trade is still buying, but we're seeing an awful lot of people who want their January money back.
    Yep, these people who watched the climb from December and fuelled it by buying higher and higher are now holding the baby…..

I work with a couple of guys who think they’re “experts” and both have paid massively overs on a couple of domed bezel Datejusts on Oyster and now can’t unload them without losing money they never had to start with, all because of Facebook, Instagram, Chrono24 app etc. I told them both not to get involved unless they could buy at list.
    Last edited by RJM25R; 18th July 2022 at 18:59.

Master
    Prices are definitely on the slide but a lot of sellers will still hold out for peak prices until the reality sinks in. It usually takes a few months to get past the denial stage.

I reckon that Christmas will be a good time to treat yourself to a nice little pressie.

They’ve got a long way to slide when a £4700 OP was selling on Chronext a few weeks ago for £20k. Even if today it’s £14k that’s an insane mark up

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Prices are definitely on the slide but a lot of sellers will still hold out for peak prices until the reality sinks in. It usually takes a few months to get past the denial stage.

I reckon that Christmas will be a good time to treat yourself to a nice little pressie.
    We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    They’ve got a long way to slide when a £4700 OP was selling on Chronext a few weeks ago for £20k. Even if today it’s £14k that’s an insane mark up
    Even if tomorrow it’s £10k, 9k, 7k or even 6k the hype train keeps on running and won’t stop any time soon…..

Remember there are scalpers/hypebeasts buying trainers/sneakers and Moonswatch’s to sell at £100 profit so Rolex with potentially £500-£10,000 profits are not going to suddenly stop being hyped/scalped…….