closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor black bay pro

Tudor black bay pro

Popped into my local AD yesterday and was very very pleasantly surprised with the black bay pro. I have had the pleasure of wearing a black bay chrono for a few weeks and was contemplating buying the chrono. For the money I think the black bay pro is great value. Nice adjustable clasp, in house movement and a really nice looking dial. Really really grown on me the last 24 hours! Any other owners here?

I have one. My favourite new watch purchase of 2022.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I have one. My favourite new watch purchase of 2022.
    Me too !

z
    Last edited by zelig; 13th July 2022 at 13:06.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Me too !

z
    And me!

Yup, absolutely love it, amazing combination of dial aesthetics, functionality and value. Just an epic watch that gets a lot of wrist time.

Master
    Yup, looks amazing on a nato

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries

Tudor black bay pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Yup, looks amazing on a nato

Looks great on that strap
    Last edited by Middo; 13th July 2022 at 22:14.

They do look good, but very close to a Rolex Explorer II

I tried on a pro today and as expected it was too thick. I do like the design but as with most Tudor watches they have very little identity of there own and play on the homage to much.

The Ranger was also available to try and while its a lovely watch the case size is just too big and out of proportion for that style of watch.

Obviously all subjective.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I tried on a pro today and as expected it was too thick. I do like the design but as with most Tudor watches they have very little identity of there own and play on the homage to much.

The Ranger was also available to try and while its a lovely watch the case size is just too big and out of proportion for that style of watch.

I am a bit surprised with this comment!

They never had a unique identity. They used Rolex cases with more pedestrian movements to keep the costs down. That was the whole ethos of the brand and I for one I am all for it.
    The fact that they keep bringing to us amazing designs inspired by Tudor’s and Rolex’s past is great.
    What is even better is the fact that you can actually buy these watches at a reasonable price.
    To me at least, they are what Rolex used to be before becoming a bling bling brand

The brand has never really appealed before, nor their offerings but this one has caught my eye. Not seen one in the flesh but they do look the biz I must say. Even dabbled with the one on SC a couple of days back but it went quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    The brand has never really appealed before, nor their offerings but this one has caught my eye. Not seen one in the flesh but they do look the biz I must say. Even dabbled with the one on SC a couple of days back but it went quickly.
    I have to say having looked at photos after I’d tried it on and back home it didn’t jump out at me but once you’ve seen one in the flesh they are simply stunning. I hadn’t even seen the model beforehand. Tried it on, fell in love and then looked at the photos once I got home. Photos done nothing for me, I wouldn’t even have looked at it twice. It’s simply stunning in the flesh and exceptional value compared to the craziness of Rolex etc

I have agree. A favourite. I much prefer it to my BB58. Still rate the BBGMT, but there is something about the BBPro.
    I never saw one or tried one on, just bought blind. No regrets whatsoever.
    Here it is with its cousin which I have always had a soft spot for, hence it has remained in the collection all these years (not that I am x great seller of watches or anything for that matter).

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Master
    The fact that you have the 1655 and you went for the pro speaks volumes!
    Lovely pair

Craftsman
    Great to see those two side by side. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    Yup, absolutely love it, amazing combination of dial aesthetics, functionality and value. Just an epic watch that gets a lot of wrist time.

Looks good on that NATO.
    Where is it from ?

Thanks

z

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    The fact that you have the 1655 and you went for the pro speaks volumes!
    Lovely pair

Agreed and good point.

Love my BB Pro and after my new AP15500 it’s my favourite purchase this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Looks good on that NATO.
    Where is it from ?

Thanks

z
    Knowing JC it will be an Erika

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

After seeing so many pics, I feel it looks the best on bracelet.

Saw one in the local AD dealers today, this could have being the best release of the year if it was a couple of mm slimmer (IMO) as it’s a real looker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve put mine on a Zuludiver sailcloth and really like it. It tapers to 16mm, which is the same as the bracelet, so feels like a nice alternative and much lighter.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryb View Post
    I’ve put mine on a Zuludiver sailcloth and really like it. It tapers to 16mm, which is the same as the bracelet, so feels like a nice alternative and much lighter.

Looks good. Suits the watch well.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post

If you want Tudor identity look no further than the Heritage Chrono (Monte Carlo), the Pelagos or the North Flag & steer clear of the majority of Black Bay variants.

Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    If you want Tudor identity look no further than the Heritage Chrono (Monte Carlo), the Pelagos or the North Flag & steer clear of the majority of Black Bay variants.
    If he finds the Pro too thick he's not going to appreciate the thickness of the Monte Carlo imo.

Tudor black bay pro

Sorry, wrong thread…

I saw one of these in the watch shop in the middle of Chichester last week, it looked as good as I'd hoped. Also a black chrono in the watch shop in Westquay in Southampton, but not quite as nice as this. I can definitely see myself with one of these in the future.
    "A man of little significance"

Uncle Seiko US has brought out a half link - coming to the UK site in late Jan.