closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quick SOTC and what to do next

Quick SOTC and what to do next

Hi, it's been a while since I've posted although I have been popping on here to see what's happening.

I had a break from watches for a while after I'd settled on these four.

I occasionally looked at new watches but I decided nothing was worth buying that would replace the ones I had.

In May this year we went on holiday to Majorca and I ended up buying a couple of watches because I didn't want to take one of my four with me and these two were added.

A couple of months on, I find myself wearing these two the most!

So now I have six watches (7 including a g-shock) but I only have a 4 watch roll.

Here are all six watches together

Ideally, I'd like to go back to just four watches, possibly five at a push but I'm not sure which should make the cut.

Master
    Of the first four, I’d ditch the Oris, maybe the Tudor. The Longines LLD and Moonwatch are iconic and expensive to replace if you moved them on and suffered seller’s remorse. Those two plus your Hamilton and Seiko constitute a great collection.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Of the first four, I’d ditch the Oris, maybe the Tudor. The Longines LLD and Moonwatch are iconic and expensive to replace if you moved them on and suffered seller’s remorse. Those two plus your Hamilton and Seiko constitute a great collection.
    Thanks, yes that makes a lot of sense

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd agree with the above. I would keep the speedmaster and Longines, but the rest is open to threat.

Do you want to remove or replace, if you solid a couple on you could consolidate to something more to your liking with a larger budget offering more options.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I'd agree with the above. I would keep the speedmaster and Longines, but the rest is open to threat.

Do you want to remove or replace, if you solid a couple on you could consolidate to something more to your liking with a larger budget offering more options.
    Thanks Pete, I'm not really looking at bringing in anything else at the moment, so I'd probably start by keeping the two you mentioned, selling a couple and take it from there.

Master
    No easy answer as.lota of options.

If just a case of reducing I would drop the Oris (bland) and the Hamilton (very vanilla).

I would also suggest going one step further and dumping the Longines - to leave just a trio of the Seiko, Tudor and Omega.

Another option might be to dump all except the Seiko and Omega and get for example a white dial Seamaster Pro (with bracelet and strap)? Or another Tudor sports e.g. GMT, Pro or BB58?

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    No easy answer as.lota of options.

If just a case of reducing I would drop the Oris (bland) and the Hamilton (very vanilla).

I would also suggest going one step further and dumping the Longines - to leave just a trio of the Seiko, Tudor and Omega.

Another option might be to dump all except the Seiko and Omega and get for example a white dial Seamaster Pro (with bracelet and strap)? Or another Tudor sports e.g. GMT, Pro or BB58?
    Thanks, yes it's a bit of a dilemma, some good suggestions and I quite like the new Tudor Ranger too. Plenty to think about.

I'd buy a bigger watch box shame to lose a nice watch out of that selection. Gun to my head, though, and I'd sell the longines and keep the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    I'd buy a bigger watch box shame to lose a nice watch out of that selection. Gun to my head, though, and I'd sell the longines and keep the rest.
    Thanks, and the first to mention selling the Longines, interesting. I'm trying to resist having more watches so I'm determined to keep it to just 4 or 5.

If narrowing 6 to 4, I'd sell the Longines and the Oris.

The Omega is a great looking watch. The Tudor is a perfect EDC piece. Then looking across the other 4 options, I honestly think the Seiko and the Hamilton add more variety to your collection. A bit of colour!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    If narrowing 6 to 4, I'd sell the Longines and the Oris.

The Omega is a great looking watch. The Tudor is a perfect EDC piece. Then looking across the other 4 options, I honestly think the Seiko and the Hamilton add more variety to your collection. A bit of colour!
    Thanks, yes 2 black, one green and a white watch, like you said more variety in a small collection.

Master
    I’d sell the Hamilton and Oris (even though I like them both) as the four remaining give a bit of variety and are good for all occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    Thanks, yes 2 black, one green and a white watch, like you said more variety in a small collection.
    Come to think of it, looking at my own collection I may have been a little biased in suggesting two black, one green, one white and a beater G-Shock... this was not intentional!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    I’d sell the Hamilton and Oris (even though I like them both) as the four remaining give a bit of variety and are good for all occasions.
    Thanks, that was my first thought to be honest before I started having second thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    Thanks, and the first to mention selling the Longines, interesting. I'm trying to resist having more watches so I'm determined to keep it to just 4 or 5.
    Literally just because I'm not a fan of the hands- lovely otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Come to think of it, looking at my own collection I may have been a little biased in suggesting two black, one green, one white and a beater G-Shock... this was not intentional!

Haha! Looks great too, lovely collection!