closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cartier Appreciation Thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Yeah a very simple and elegant design. I know its quartz but seems a good price to get into the Cartier brand given the price point of many new watches now.

Master
    Has anyone purchased a Cartier Santos watch strap, one of the quick release versions from either a UK AD or managed to find an aftermarket seller. I've seen the Delugs version but only for sale from the them directly or other US based resellers.

For the regular santos Handdn can make it with quick switch. They don’t have the metal inserts for the santos Dumont though.

Craftsman
    Here’s my Santos Ronde:

Master
    Just seen that Delugs are producing a range of rubber straps for the Santos.
    Since Cartier don't offer a rubber strap for the medium I'm considering ordering the navy or orange one.
    Orders need to be placed before 14th May. They are then stopping selling all Santos quick release bracelets.

https://delugs.com/pages/rubber-stra...tos-de-cartier

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rob s; 26th April 2023 at 16:45.

Journeyman
    Some great looking watches here, really loving some of Cartier new pieces as well!

Master
    Rather miss my two-tone Ballon Bleu, bought new for about £3,600, dread to think what they are now!?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Just seen that Delugs are producing a range of rubber straps for the Santos.
    Since Cartier don't offer a rubber strap for the medium I'm considering ordering the navy or orange one.
    Orders need to be placed before 14th May. They are then stopping selling all Santos quick release bracelets.

https://delugs.com/pages/rubber-stra...tos-de-cartier

The sad part being Cartier threatening to sue them if they didn't. A shame really that some manufacturers act like that.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    The sad part being Cartier threatening to sue them if they didn't. A shame really that some manufacturers act like that.
    If Cartier sold their straps online and at a reasonable price I don’t think anyone would bother stepping on their patent

Master
    I don't know if it's purely keeping the business for themselves, they don't even sell a lot of the straps options Delugs offer.
    Maybe they have concerns over cheap QR copies damaging the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    It is. I think the model reference is 'Smoky Depths'.

Master
    It's good to see more of the coloured releases being available in the medium size too.

Craftsman
    My wife and I have big birthdays coming up and we're both keen on cartier as a his and hers type thing...
    They seem a bit scarce to view in person, anyone know of any jewellers that definitely carry stock?
    We're in the southwest and can't find any anywhere!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Berry’s carry all the range as well as goldsmiths and mappin and Webb
    And of course wos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Only some Goldsmiths have Cartier in the shop. Although my local Goldsmiths said I could buy online and return or get delivered to store and again return in store if I didn't want them.

Only some Goldsmiths have Cartier in the shop. Although my local Goldsmiths said I could buy online and return or get delivered to store and again return in store if I didn't want them.

I didn’t realise the only ones I’ve been stocked the full range, interesting.
    Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    My wife and I have big birthdays coming up and we're both keen on cartier as a his and hers type thing...
    They seem a bit scarce to view in person, anyone know of any jewellers that definitely carry stock?
    We're in the southwest and can't find any anywhere!!!

There is an AD locator on the Cartier website too. You can search x miles from a given location, just filter for watches otherwise you get all the opticians selling the sunglasses as well.

Has there been a definitive statement about the stillborn Solarbeat Tank? Has it been quietly canned? I've been keeping an occasional eye on the WUS Cartier forum, but signals about it seem mixed.

I've certainly not seen one in the window of any UK dealer and it's nearly two years since it was supposed to have "launched".

I've noticed with the ladies in the Far East that Cartier is seen as a much higher end brand than Omega, Rolex, Grand Seiko etc.

Craftsman

Yes tried goldsmiths but none, they did say the same and could order them in but we wanted to try a few different options etc .
    Looks like we'll have to travel