closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How do I watch Wimbledon in France?

How do I watch Wimbledon in France?

We’re on holiday near Paris and the wife is desperate to watch Wimbledon.

I’d though I could plug iPlayer into the TV in our villa but it doesn’t work.

Do I need a VPN? If so, can someone suggest one as I’ve no experience of using one.

I’ve been through 50 odd channels and none seem to have Wimbledon on.

Yes you’ll need a VPN, I use Nord VPN but there are a few others. The free ones tend to be quite unreliable!

Master
    As has been said a VPN is the way to go. I currently use SurfShark, just download whichever VPN you go for then choose locations and pick one in the UK.

VPN, even Sky go doesn’t work outside the UK anymore

Craftsman
    Another vote for Nord VPN. Decent value if your willing to sign up long term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks people.

I’ll have a ho with Nord.

:-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Thanks people.

I’ll have a ho with Nord.

:-)
    I think they do a free trial - which should see you through to the end of wimbledon.

I use Nord, and am able to watch Iplayer in France without any major issues, but ocassionally I may have to switch servers (no pun intended :-) )

I downloaded the Morzila VPN but it wouldn’t let me input the verification code they emailed me. Crazy for an app like that to fall down at the first hurdle. Plenty of reviews saying they had the same issue.

Now trying the Nord app, but it’s only offering me a half priced trial at a whopping £47!

I’m no skinflint, but I’m not paying £47 so the wife can watch Novak beat our last remaining hope.

I’ll leave it till later and suspect it’ll change the offer to the one that’s £10 for a month.

Why it doesn’t just give all the pay options to begin with…..?

Craftsman
    I think OPERA operating system comes with a VPN. I use Nord, at the time, a 3 year deal for £50 or thereabouts.

Craftsman
    We're in Aus and have used Getflix for ages. Use it to watch BBC/ITV/Sky/BT and so on using the smartdns. I'm still living on the brownie points for getting wife access to Corrie all these years later. Fond memories of the joy she got when it started streaming. Happy wife, happy life!
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/getfli...subscription-4 $40 for lifetime licence. I paid $50 years ago. I thought they had stopped selling lifetime as not seen it for two years.
    https://www.getflix.com.au/channels/overview/ channels available. Note, no Netflix US with smartdns, but it does work with vpn. But can watch all the Amazons using smartdns. We also use it for HBO and Disney+.
    https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/quick_set_dns.html use this to to quickly change between Getflix servers and others - I use Cloudflare for speed when not streaming. Portable app, doesn't need installing.

Smart DNS Proxy

More reliable than a VPN, does what it says on the tin and has a 14 day free trial.

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Smart DNS Proxy

More reliable than a VPN, does what it says on the tin and has a 14 day free trial.

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/
    I’ve spent the last hour messing about with this one on my iPad in France and cannot figure out how to make iPlayer work.

I’ve got the proxy set up with green ticks on their web page telling me it’s all good, but iPlayer still says there’s no internet connection.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    I’ve spent the last hour messing about with this one on my iPad in France and cannot figure out how to make iPlayer work.

I’ve got the proxy set up with green ticks on their web page telling me it’s all good, but iPlayer still says there’s no internet connection.
    Hotel could be blocking outside dns, need to use dns over vpn, https://support.getflix.com/article/...n-introduction. Or just use the VPN client. I think Getflix and Smartdnsproxy are part of the same group.

I think it was that too.

I didn't realise you needed to use DNS with a VPN too......may as well just use the VPN.

We'll be back home before I've sorted it. LOL.

Nord VPN want over £80 now, for a year's sub. That's the only option.

Master
    Have a look at pia (private internet access) as a vpn should be significantly cheaper than nord