closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Plastic watches are the solution to the threat of watch theft

Plastic watches are the solution to the threat of watch theft

Italian tourism chief believes hotel-provided plastic watches are the solution to the threat of watch theft
    https://timeandtidewatches.com/itali...d-stop-thefts/

The silver lining of Foŕ’s plastic watch solution, he believes, is that visitors would be able to leave with a souvenir at the end of their stay. “The watches could be decorated,” Foŕ told CNN. “They could carry a symbol of Campania (the region in Italy where Naples is the capital) and could be given as a gift to family members and friends.” According to CNN, Foŕ believes this could be done in a cost-effective manner — with each watch costing no more than 10 euros.
    Italian tourism boss suggests stopping watch theft with cheap alternative
    https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...cli/index.html

Master
    An alternative solution is to just not wear one.

Master
    We don't need millions of cheap plastic watches floating about in the ocean because that is where they will surely end up.

Master
    Foa went on to say that the suggested watches would not only be effective in preventing theft but could also double as unique souvenirs for tourists.
    "The watches could be decorated, they could carry a symbol of Campania (the region in Italy of which Naples is the capital) on them and could be given as a gift to family members and friends," he said.
    …forever reminding your friends and family that it’s not safe to travel to Naples. PR at its best.

Maybe do some things like tackle the socio-economic imbalances, increase police presence in areas where things happen... or yeah, blame the victims and make tourists wear an environmentally unsustainable badge saying "I'm a tourist and probably have a good wad of cash on me".

Master
    Great work from the Naples tourist board!!

It would be seen as sage advice if someone on here was to recommend it…………….

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Maybe do some things like tackle the socio-economic imbalances, increase police presence in areas where things happen... or yeah, blame the victims and make tourists wear an environmentally unsustainable badge saying "I'm a tourist and probably have a good wad of cash on me".
    You haven’t watched Gamorrah !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Push out from the opposite side of the split pin If there is no arrow to work from.

Sent from a technical device.

The ol' turd in the corner let's buy an air freshener approach.

I think that's one of the dumbest ideas I've heard on so many levels. Wouldn't surprise me though, if he's got a mate who he's lining up to supply those "€10" watches at a cost price of €1 a piece and a few euro backhander to him.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I think that's one of the dumbest ideas I've heard on so many levels. Wouldn't surprise me though, if he's got a mate who he's lining up to supply those "€10" watches at a cost price of €1 a piece and a few euro backhander to him.
    The Mafia runs Naples so your last sentence is probably correct.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Daft idea ... talk about

a) highlight a problem in your own town that many probably didn't know about anyway
    b) come up with a solution that just tags possible victims for muggings for other valuables
    c) ignores all the root causes ...