closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tudor teaser (again)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post

Not mine, but I did chuckle.
    :-) it’s not far off, and definitely more painful to deal with the top one.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Hi All,

Picked one up today and am very pleased. Can't compare to a BB58, but it's comparable to an Eddie PRS-22 or a (slightly thicker) Sinn 556.
    I'll spare you photos of it being modelled on my 7.5inch wrist - it wears just fine.

Yes, 36mm would have been better - but let's not go there :-)

Word of warning - I had to call a few ADs before finding one with stock - I was threatened with a waiting list from one.
    Apparently no more stock for 6 months.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamch66 View Post
    Hi All,

Picked one up today and am very pleased. Can't compare to a BB58, but it's comparable to an Eddie PRS-22 or a (slightly thicker) Sinn 556.
    I'll spare you photos of it being modelled on my 7.5inch wrist - it wears just fine.

Yes, 36mm would have been better - but let's not go there :-)

Word of warning - I had to call a few ADs before finding one with stock - I was threatened with a waiting list from one.
    Apparently no more stock for 6 months.

Adam
    Enjoy your new Ranger! I emailed my AD on Sunday morning asking when they would have a steel one in and they responded straight away that they had all three styles in stock for me to try. I went in almost immediately and tried on all three and left with the steel version. Lovely watch and perfect proportions for me.

Master
    My local AD is clearly behind the times, two for display only at the moment. That or I’m out of favour!

Master
    Don’t tell me Tudor are trying the display only model too now? I guess that just be an AD choice rather than a policy as such.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow £825 for a Tudor bracelet

On eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284175372...edia=WHATS_APP

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Wow £825 for a Tudor bracelet

On eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284175372...edia=WHATS_APP
    That's for the previous Ranger at 22mm with straight end links - not sure what an AD would be charging for that?

Craftsman
    I have to agree, if Tudor do release another Ranger model in 36mm then this would be a must purchase for myself....

Master
    Took a lunchtime trip into town today and tried on the Ranger. Very nice indeed unsurprisingly wears well for me (i own a BB58). The model I tried on was exhibition only but they did have one for sale too on the bracelet, also had a BB58 Pro available that they tried to sell me.
    I didn't buy either as still holding out for a Sub which Goldsmiths have said they are no longer taking expressions of interest for (along with several other models).

I think this new ranger will be a very popular model for them and Id consider one in the future for sure.

Master
    Does anyone know where you can buy a Tudor Fabric strap online?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    Does anyone know where you can buy a Tudor Fabric strap online?

Cheers
    If you want a Tudor one, your AD will be able to supply it at a premium cost. However, there are a few sellers on eBay you have ones similar in look but perhaps not to the same standard of quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Tudor fabric straps come in different sizes? - when I bought my BB58 recently (on the bracelet) I also tried on a BB bronze, and the ends of the strap didn’t even meet around my wrist! - I have large wrists and I do find that some ‘regular’ nato straps are not quite long enough to tuck into the 2nd keeper, but the Tudor one was hopelessly small

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Do Tudor fabric straps come in different sizes? - when I bought my BB58 recently (on the bracelet) I also tried on a BB bronze, and the ends of the strap didn’t even meet around my wrist! - I have large wrists and I do find that some ‘regular’ nato straps are not quite long enough to tuck into the 2nd keeper, but the Tudor one was hopelessly small

On the FXD I believe there are three sizes and it comes on a medium. Not sure if this is the same for all.

Don't necessarily trust the sales associate when you ask. I was in Harrods recently and tried to order an FXD velcro strap in large and was told one size only.

The week before a TZer put up a pic showing his new small FXD strap special ordered from a different AD.

Craftsman
    Incidentally the lume is rubbish on the ranger. It doesn’t hold power for long at all. I’ve been out all day in the sun with it and I would have expected decent results in the evening. Disappointing. Also if anyone has a 214270 (39mm Explorer) I’d be keen to see a side-by-side of the two. I used to have one and I always found the dial too large on the Explorer. I’m not finding the same issue with this one.

Apprentice
    Had to try this out…. Can confirm it fits perfectly.

The lack of faux rivets and a wider centre link on the Ranger bracelet give it a more substantial look and feel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TTSFR View Post

The lack of faux rivets and a wider centre link on the Ranger bracelet give it a more substantial look and feel
    What's the difference in width of the center link between the Ranger & BB58 bracelets (I think the BB58 is 9mm)?

Does this mean you are using the Ranger end links on the BB58 & they fit petfectly?

Thanks.

The lack of faux rivets and a wider centre link on the Ranger bracelet give it a more substantial look and feel.
    Awesome combo. I think I'd sell of the BB58 bracelet, sell off the Ranger on a strap, and just be content with that brilliant combo!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    What's the difference in width of the center link between the Ranger & BB58 bracelets (I think the BB58 is 9mm)?

Does this mean you are using the Ranger end links on the BB58 & they fit petfectly?

Thanks.
    Just measured them both and the ranger is 10mm, the BB58 is 9mm as you said.

That’s correct, the ranger bracelet is a direct fit on the BB58.

Here are the two side by side.

Master
    Just measured them both and the ranger is 10mm, the BB58 is 9mm as you said.

That’s correct, the ranger bracelet is a direct fit on the BB58.

Here are the two side by side.
    That’s great - thanks for the info & pic.

Was thinking that the Ranger bracelet might be a good option on my Tudor Sub, as I can’t get a good fit due to low number of removable links on the 78500 bracelet.
    10mm centre links might be a problem though, unless I get some aftermarket hollow end links & modify them slightly to take the extra width.

Master
    Nice pics above; does the ranger bracelet have taper?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Nice pics above; does the ranger bracelet have taper?
    Yes ... see the photo above.

Would be interested to see a photo of the clasp adjustment on the Ranger bracelet.

It does looks nicer than the BB58 one to my eyes but I'll probably stick with the BB58 one as I don't think it is circa £600 nicer ...

Craftsman
    The BB58 looks so much better on the Ranger bracelet! Great photos.

Looks good, it's how the BB58 should have come from the factory.

Tried on a Tudor Ranger today. Very much underwhelmed. The bracelet was good though and if the BB58 had originally came with this bracelet I might have kept it.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MintG View Post
    If you want a Tudor one, your AD will be able to supply it at a premium cost. However, there are a few sellers on eBay you have ones similar in look but perhaps not to the same standard of quality.

I don’t really want to deal with an AD nor do I want an knock off.

Heard very good things about the Tudor fabric straps specifically so fancied trying one if they were easy enough to get a hold of.

Not to worry, thanks.

Apprentice
    I've been wearing mine for a week now and honestly not sure if it's a keeper. It's a great watch with a lot of good points, and incredible value...but there's one thing that is bugging me. The colour of the lume. I've never seen a lume colour vary so much in different lighting. In bright light it's a nice custard yellow. In low light it fades to a a lovely off white cream. Anything in between it's a kind of yellow/green colour that I'm not sure I like.

Bit of a shame because in many ways it's perfect. The size is good on my 17cm and the bracelet with the T-Ft clasp is a game changer for me. I don't normally keep the bracelet on a new watch for more than a few days (even with various adjustable clasps) but I've worn it all week and it's been comfy even in this hot weather. I've got a BB58 blue which I always wear on an Erika's but being able to put this bracelet on the 58 could add a new dimension to that watch as well. Speaking of the BB 58 I do wish they'd not used the same case, I like it and I'm fine with it...but an Oyster style case would have been perfect.

And I do like the flat, printed and sparse dial, it gives it a real vintage Ranger/Explorer look. I had a chance to buy an Explorer 36mm about month ago and turned it down because it was touch too small and a tad to bling for me. Couldn't believe my luck when Tudor released the new Ranger. It's just the colour of the lume in certain light...not sure I can get used to it. Toying with the idea of taking the bracelet off and trying leather or nato just to see if it tones it down a bit. I'm normally 100% certain either way by this point but this one is a real dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo39 View Post
    I've been wearing mine for a week now and honestly not sure if it's a keeper. It's a great watch with a lot of good points, and incredible value...but there's one thing that is bugging me. The colour of the lume. I've never seen a lume colour vary so much in different lighting. In bright light it's a nice custard yellow. In low light it fades to a a lovely off white cream. Anything in between it's a kind of yellow/green colour that I'm not sure I like.

Bit of a shame because in many ways it's perfect. The size is good on my 17cm and the bracelet with the T-Ft clasp is a game changer for me. I don't normally keep the bracelet on a new watch for more than a few days (even with various adjustable clasps) but I've worn it all week and it's been comfy even in this hot weather. I've got a BB58 blue which I always wear on an Erika's but being able to put this bracelet on the 58 could add a new dimension to that watch as well. Speaking of the BB 58 I do wish they'd not used the same case, I like it and I'm fine with it...but an Oyster style case would have been perfect.

And I do like the flat, printed and sparse dial, it gives it a real vintage Ranger/Explorer look. I had a chance to buy an Explorer 36mm about month ago and turned it down because it was touch too small and a tad to bling for me. Couldn't believe my luck when Tudor released the new Ranger. It's just the colour of the lume in certain light...not sure I can get used to it. Toying with the idea of taking the bracelet off and trying leather or nato just to see if it tones it down a bit. I'm normally 100% certain either way by this point but this one is a real dilemma.
    I’d certainly try it on a few straps as it’s incredibly versatile and suits lots of different ones. A week is likely too short to decide if the lume is wrong for you.

Ranger not for me, the hour hand does have a phallic look to it and overall resembles a wall clock..

Craftsman
    I’ve also been wearing mine a week. I’m a big fan of the case and bracelet. The watch sits comfortably and the T-Fit has been extremely useful. It wears much smaller than the Rolex Explorer 39mm (as best I can recall it). Agree with Rusty that the lume is the big disappointment. To me it’s a bit too green and the lume itself is poor quality. I must confess it really feels like the 1016, which is a huge plus for me. I found the 39mm Explorer too big and the latest 36mm Explorer too dainty. This watch hits the sweet spot for sizing. I no longer notice the strange shaped hour hand at all.

I looked at them in Michael Spiers in Plymouth yesterday.

They were ok, but much prefer my BB%*.

Incidentally, the one on the strap was for sale, while the one on the bracelet was not!

what is it that makes it wear smaller than the explorer 39, do you think? i wouldve thought the case and probably the diameter of the dial must be almost identical

Quote Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post
    what is it that makes it wear smaller than the explorer 39, do you think? i wouldve thought the case and probably the diameter of the dial must be almost identical
    I imagine they don't wear much different, memory can be a funny thing. Here's a pic of the two side-by-side (not my pic, off a thread on WUS).

I regret selling my Explorer 1. Do want one back again now if prices really do settle.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I imagine they don't wear much different, memory can be a funny thing. Here's a pic of the two side-by-side (not my pic, off a thread on WUS).

I think that’s true - the reported stats look very similar for both watches. On the wrist though, I always found the 214270 Explorer had a dinner plate of a dial, which I don’t perceive as much on the Ranger. As you say M1011 memory can be a funny thing. One thing that does change the wearability is the endlinks on the Ranger allow the bracelet to fall straight down as opposed to the Rolex which flares past the lugs a bit.

I’m lucky enough to own a bunch of nice watches. The ranger is by comparison dull, boring, unassuming and for the life of me I can’t help but love it. The bracelet came off on day one and it’s been on a variety of straps since. Longest I’ve ever worn a watch without changing to another.

Very similar review from me. I bought it on the steel band but it looks better on the leather that I think was a bb58 OEM or haveston canvas.

Lovely clear, accurate, easy-to-read watch. Safe for holidays too - waterproof and doesn’t grab attention (but even my wife thinks it looks nice).

It’s a sort of lovechild of an IWC Mark XI and a Rolex 1016, on steroids.

The steel band has found a new home on a BB58, which is a great upgrade, too, for any Tudor fanboys like me.

4th week. Still haven’t worn anything else !!

Why would you? That is absolutely lovely.

Despite avoiding Tudor on the grounds of having some Rolex watches, and Tudor being a bit similar, I think I’m going to have to give both the Ranger, and BB58 an AD tryout.

Dave

Craftsman
    Hi there,

My name's 'Marcus Late To The Party..."

Please to meet you.

I got an email from Watches of Switzerland yesterday with a feature on the Tudor Explorer, Sorry, Tudor Ranger.

Damn.

Jaw dropper.

I'm lusting after a Rolex 1016 and I gotta say...

...This would really scratch that itch whilst saving up the £20K+

Hmm...

Tudor teaser (again)

With all the hype around the new Pelagos everyone seems to have forgotten that Tudor re-released the Ranger the other month. There was one in the window of Ernest Jones when I was out and about this morning, so I gave it a try. Very nice watch, excellent proportions and solid build, and you won’t get a better bracelet or clasp than this for the money. The one I looked at was reserved for another punter, but the guy said they could get me one within 2 months if wanted. These kind of watches aren’t as desirable as divers and the like, won’t be long before you can just walk in and but one a Ranger off the shelf.

Am now pondering!

I bought a Black Bay Pro in June and then about 6-weeks later got the Ranger on a bit of a whim. The Ranger hasn’t left my wrist and I haven’t worn the Black Bay Pro since I got the Ranger.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    With all the hype around the new Pelagos everyone seems to have forgotten that Tudor re-released the Ranger the other month. There was one in the window of Ernest Jones when I was out and about this morning, so I gave it a try. Very nice watch, excellent proportions and solid build, and you won’t get a better bracelet or clasp than this for the money. The one I looked at was reserved for another punter, but the guy said they could get me one within 2 months if wanted. These kind of watches aren’t as desirable as divers and the like, won’t be long before you can just walk in and but one a Ranger off the shelf.

Am now pondering!

No need to wait at all, I have one for sale on SC at a nice discount over RRP.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I owned the original Ranger and having tried the new one I can honestly say that it’s so much better in every way.

Picked this up just now, and very happy with it. More thoughts when I've owned it for more than a few hours!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post

Am now pondering!

Personally I’d look at IWC Mark series over these, having seen the Ranger in the metal and owned other Tudors and IWCs. Or a Omega Railmaster or AT.

Not really keen on the Ranger does not seem like a value prop for the money and imho comes across as something that wont hold interest for long

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Personally I’d look at IWC Mark series over these, having seen the Ranger in the metal and owned other Tudors and IWCs. Or a Omega Railmaster or AT.

I think they are an excellent bet for a no-nonsense casual wear. Not buying one personally, but I absolutely see the appeal. Sometimes less is more!