closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2 watches into 1 for £6k

Master

2 watches into 1 for £6k

Morning all

Looking in my watch box at the ones I don’t wear has got me thinking about a little revamp.

There are 2 in particular which should be quite easy to move on and bring just under £6k into the watch fund.

Assuming I want to put the full amount back into 1 watch opens up a whole wealth of options.

My only criteria are nothing too dressy and nothing too small, 40mm is about as low as I’d go. Given the market I’m guessing anything from the R brand is off the table. I’d prefer to go lightly used rather than new just from a better value for money point of view.

Given the criteria where would your money go?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Depends what else you own. Used moonwatch will give you plenty of change too.

Fifty fathoms bathyscaphe, zenith el primero, iwc pilot or ingenieur?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What 2 are out going?

Would be useful to what type/style they are and if you are looking for something similar albeit of a better quality.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Blog Entries
    Check Zenith, IWC, JLC, Omega, Blanplanc (sp) - plenty to choose from. Maybe put the price range into WF criteria and choose? Nice position to be in.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    What 2 are out going?

Would be useful to what type/style they are and if you are looking for something similar albeit of a better quality.
    Sorry, Omega Seamaster 300 white dial & Tudor Heritage Chrono in blue.

I do like Panerai and have a 1314, Speedy Pro covered as well.

Be bold. Something Breguet for understated class.

Master
    I've just done a similar move, for a similar amount, and traded an SMP blue dial (new model), IWC Aquatimer 3548 and a bit of cash for a 2021 SMP ceramic case. Was my first deal with WF - couldn't fault it. VERY happy with the new watch (gratuitous picture below!)

Good luck on your hunt - as others have said, plenty of excellent options at that price point.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I've just done a similar move, for a similar amount, and traded an SMP blue dial (new model), IWC Aquatimer 3548 and a bit of cash for a 2021 SMP ceramic case. Was my first deal with WF - couldn't fault it. VERY happy with the new watch (gratuitous picture below!)

Good luck on your hunt - as others have said, plenty of excellent options at that price point.

Love, Love, Love that watch - if only it were 2-3mm smaller and it would be a permanent fixture in my collection