closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Full lume watches - please show what you have

  1. #1

    Full lume watches - please show what you have

    As per title - I really want a full lume watch and originally set my sights on a vintage TAG 1000 night diver

    By the power of google I now realise there are offerings from other brands such as Squale, Resevoir etc

    Please post piccies :)

  2. #2
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    158
    Here you go - my Doxa Sub 300 Carbon Whitepearl. The lume is excellent!

    Bell & Ross do a few fully lumed models (their square diver and possibly others, I think) and Damasko too.



  3. #3
    Thatís the most appealing doxa Iíve ever seen!

  4. #4
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    38,394
    DA37 from 2006 and still unmarked due to the Damasko case hardening . . .




  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Here you go - my Doxa Sub 300 Carbon Whitepearl. The lume is excellent!

    Bell & Ross do a few fully lumed models (their square diver and possibly others, I think) and Damasko too.


    Thatís a stunner !

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    DA37 from 2006 and still unmarked due to the Damasko case hardening . . .



    Did that come on a bracelet?

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Here you go - my Doxa Sub 300 Carbon Whitepearl. The lume is excellent!

    That is lovely. How easy is it to read in the night? I find sometimes the hands and dial sort of blend together after a few hours.

  8. #8
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    38,394
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Did that come on a bracelet?
    Damasko didn't do bracelets back then (they do now), the watches came on leather.

  9. #9
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    That is lovely. How easy is it to read in the night? I find sometimes the hands and dial sort of blend together after a few hours.
    Thanks for all the positive comments! I really recommend this watch. I think the monochrome colour scheme works so well. I like the other Carbon models but I think the colours are sometimes too much given what's going on with the case texture. This one is a bit more understated but still has the fun / gimmick of the full lume dial.

    I find it pretty easy to read at night given the contrast of the hands against the dial. The lume does fade after a while but is much better than on other Doxas I've had. I've always found the standard Doxa lume a bit disappointing, a bit like on my Sinn U50. Now if they ever made a fully lumed version of the U50 I'd be all over it.

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Thanks for all the positive comments! I really recommend this watch. I think the monochrome colour scheme works so well. I like the other Carbon models but I think the colours are sometimes too much given what's going on with the case texture. This one is a bit more understated but still has the fun / gimmick of the full lume dial.

    I find it pretty easy to read at night given the contrast of the hands against the dial. The lume does fade after a while but is much better than on other Doxas I've had. I've always found the standard Doxa lume a bit disappointing, a bit like on my Sinn U50. Now if they ever made a fully lumed version of the U50 I'd be all over it.
    Thanks, thatís good to know. I suppose the bold black handset helps a lot. Really is a cracker.

  11. #11
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,940
    Blog Entries
    76
    I had this Damasko DA35 for a little while


    ...& I've had this Oris TT1 for about 12 years now


    z

  12. #12


    Last edited by acg; 3rd July 2022 at 18:35.

  13. #13
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    653
    Damasko DC57

  14. #14
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    Damasko DC57
    That looks great - haven't seen that model before. Some good lume shots on this thread!

  15. #15
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    That looks great - haven't seen that model before. Some good lume shots on this thread!
    Lume shot

  16. #16
    Master Crouchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Essex, innit - know what I mean.
    Posts
    2,818
    Blog Entries
    1
    TAG Heuer Aquaracer Nightdiver

  17. #17
    Master Crouchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Essex, innit - know what I mean.
    Posts
    2,818
    Blog Entries
    1
    And something a little more left field, Bulgari Steve Aoki LE. The face only shows up when the lume is doing its thing so ordinarily the watch just appears as a white dial Bulgari.

  18. #18
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    TAG Heuer Aquaracer Nightdiver
    Is the lume long lasting on these?
    I quite like them, it looks fun especially with the full lume strap.

  19. #19
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    2,900
    Another Damasko DC57 fan here -





  20. #20
    Master Crouchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Essex, innit - know what I mean.
    Posts
    2,818
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Is the lume long lasting on these?
    I quite like them, it looks fun especially with the full lume strap.
    Itís like a beacon mate, lasts all night no problem. Sadly I can no longer say the same about myselfÖÖ.

  21. #21
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    Itís like a beacon mate, lasts all night no problem. Sadly I can no longer say the same about myselfÖÖ.
    Ha!
    Happens to us all!

    Cheers

  22. #22
    Craftsman levkov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Bracknell, UK
    Posts
    292

  23. #23
    Craftsman Gromdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    380



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information