closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any GShock MRG B5000 owners?

Any GShock MRG B5000 owners?

I'm seriously considering buying one of these

https://g-shock.co.uk/mrg-b5000ba-1d...BoC9coQAvD_BwE

They are priced higher than th3 standard range but my understanding is the finishing and materials used are on a different level. Has anyone any experience with the MTG B5000 range?
    Last edited by ryanb741; 7th July 2022 at 20:06.

Blog Entries
    No experience and it's a small thing but these are MRGs, not MTGs.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 7th July 2022 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    No experience and it's a small thing but this are MRGs, not MTGs.
    Ah yes thanks for pointing out, title amended

Kaiserpheonix has one in a different colour (just stainless). He has a thread on it somewhere.

Says it's up there with Patek for finishing.

I couldn't do it.

Master
    At RRP i wouldn't touch it...the quality is up with the best but they can be picked up for half price if you get lucky...yes i think the square ones may hold their value a bit better but no way would i pay RRP.

Here mine

The MRG B5000s I have seen have all been listed above RRP sadly

I had a different MRG and while they are the ultimate g-shock, i would never buy at RRP because they lose half their value rather quickly.

I think the issue is that the MTG series is almost as good at considerably less cost but with stainless instead of the fancy coated titanium.

On a related topic I’ve decided to sell my metal G shocks - I find them a bit too shiny and whilst the finishing is good (and no doubt amazing on the MRG’s) they are too easily scratched and marked for what’s supposed to be a tool watch. I’m too scared to wear them tbh. My son has the standard metal square and after 3 years wear it looks awful imho - not wabi, just like it’s been destroyed. By comparison I can wear my GW-5000 without a care in the world, it just doesn’t show marks - same with my old school frogmen - one of them is over 10 years old and on its second set of resin - I used it as a beater and now it’s pristine again. And don’t get me started on the pointless Bluetooth when you’ve got mb6 in the uk. Plus the metal squares have an alarm so quiet it’s like a mouse squeaking next door!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they look excellent. Few photos from Kasierphoenix of his one in this thread; https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ight=MRG-B5000

On a personal taste note, if it were my £3.6k going into a MRG-B5000, I'd wait and see what the next version(s) look like. Seems they're not waiting around, and I think the one you linked is the least visually attractive of the three released so far (appreciate the others are now sold out).

I've tried on the positive display dlc model. It's very nice and clearly a step up from my cheaper titanium dlc model. But too expensive imo.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Any GShock MRG B5000 owners?

I’ve got the Titanium Virtual Armour version and love it but I thought that was a stretch price wise. You really have to be a huge fan to go for a MRG model IMHO.

(Ignore the damasko lol)

They’ve just realised this one too. Which I really like as well but can’t quite bring myself to purchase another. This might be an alternative at a lower price point to the MRG assuming you like the colour way.

https://g-shock.co.uk/gmw-b5000tvb-1...SABEgK4UvD_BwE

Last edited by waser; 8th July 2022 at 02:04.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    I’ve got the Titanium Virtual Armour version and love it but I thought that was a stretch price wise. You really have to be a huge fan to go for a MRG model IMHO.

(Ignore the damasko lol)

They’ve just realised this one too. Which I really like as well but can’t quite bring myself to purchase another. This might be an alternative at a lower price point to the MRG assuming you like the colour way.

https://g-shock.co.uk/gmw-b5000tvb-1...SABEgK4UvD_BwE

I agree i think your version and the previous titanium version are about as much as i would spend on a square G Shock...wasn't sure about all the writing on the latest one but it's growing on me.

In fact if you decide to sell i hope i don't see SC until it's gone.

Craftsman
    I do like the look of the multicoloured one but all that damn writing on the links and covering the clasp. That completely spoils it for me.
    But. The first one that Ryan mentioned mmmmmmmmmm. Lovely. Could I do the ££££££££££ for a gshock?
    Probably. I’ve looked at it many times now.
    Someone tell me NO. Please.
    Regards
    V

I love the metal square G-Shocks - I have four plus a range of different bracelet/bezel sets. More or less the only ones I don’t have are entirely standard steel or gold…! It started with a negative-display one on a strap, then I bought a standard steel one but had that cerakoted in a “worn” dark grey finish, rubbed while wet to reveal the layer of silver underneath. I’ve got another steel bezel and bracelet which are cerakoted dark green.

Then there’s the matt black titanium bezel and bracelet set which works nicely with the positive display module. Negative display is a bit “Hotblack Desiato” for my tastes. I’ve also got the dark IP steel and the grey Ti camo sets, which I rotate around the various modules I have.

The two I rarely change around are the grid-engraved “Tron” and the blue Ti camo watch, both of which I bought as whole watches and both of which are in my collection because they look great and I’m a sucker for a limited edition…

A pair of Jays and Kays strap adaptors round out the (hilariously extensive) collection. I don’t have a ‘problem’ though, I really don’t…