closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stowa Unitas issue

Apprentice

Stowa Unitas issue

Hi all

Wondering if anyone can help with an issue I’m having.

I wear my Stowa most days. I fully wound it the other morning, nothing out of the ordinary and after 5 mins, it stopped.

This has happened before when it was one year old (it’s now 13!) and it went back to Stowa for repair and they replaced the balance wheel.

So now it’s stopped but fully wound. However when I pul the crown out, it starts going again!
    Push the crown in, and will slowly stop.

I took it to a small independent jewellers this morning who are qualified horologists and they said it needs to go back to Stowa as they can’t get parts (something to do with the Swiss withholding parts and it’s gone through the courts etc) must confess I’ve not heard anything but they didn’t want to touch it

I’m reluctant to send it back to Germany due to postage and insurance issues ( I know
    It’s not the most expensive of watches but it’s quite sentimental and I wouldn’t want anything to happen to it).

But it’s only a Unitas movement so sending back to Stowa might be overkill. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do
    Now?

Many thanks
    James

Grand Master
    I should be able to sort this, sounds like a strange problem but if the watch hasn`t been serviced for years it's no surprise that it's giving problems.

Unitas movement parts are available, it's just case-specific Stowa parts that could be an issue but that isn`t related to the problem.

PM me if interested.

Apprentice
    Thank you. It was serviced in 2014 with cleaning of the movement, new oil and gasket replacement, waterproofed and regulated (all by Stowa)

Repaired in 2016 (movement barrel replaced, centred dial, waterproofed and new regulation) again by Stowa

Anyway PM sent Thank you

/edit - can’t seem to PM. Do you want to drop me an email on jimnolan1984@gmail.com

Thank you