closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Wright hoofed out

I can only listen to R3.

Everything else is suffused with the globally acceptable talking points. Over and over and over and over.

Wright always came across as a lovely fella.

Journeyman
    Genuinely, one of the few things I miss from the UK is the Ken Bruce show. That, and Christmas in the winter. On a broader note, the country has gone to the dogs since Terry Wogan died.
    I suppose I am just an aging fogey who looks back on a possibly kinder past of whimsy and a little more understanding that probably never really existed. No wonder that nostalgia was once considered a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaki Time View Post
    Genuinely, one of the few things I miss from the UK is the Ken Bruce show. That, and Christmas in the winter. On a broader note, the country has gone to the dogs since Terry Wogan died.
    I suppose I am just an aging fogey who looks back on a possibly kinder past of whimsy and a little more understanding that probably never really existed. No wonder that nostalgia was once considered a disease.
    Nostalgia definitely isn't what it used to be...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    At least we won't have to hear Steve Wright say "serious jockin" every five seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Well I for one am going to miss Steve, and although the show is much the same as it was in the 80's that's not a bad thing for some of us!
    I'm actually liking Vernon when he's on and even Gary Davies is a pleasant change from Scott Mills sitting in.

Sara Cox is actually very funny (in a mad sort of way) and her show is a nice end to the day in work.

Gary Davies does seem to have moved on with his age . He doesnt try and be 25 any more. He is a good DJ and can talk accordingly.
    SW is still kind of stuck in the late 80's and 90's and for me it doesnt really work when you are in your 60's which i guess he must be.

Zoe Ball ? ARRRGGGHHHHHHH I would prefer fingernails down a blackboard if they still make them.

The only person i will remember to switch on is actually Graham Norton on Virgin over the weekend

Johnny Vaughan, XFM, 4till7
    Brilliant