closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Navigator arrived yesteday to Boston MA (USA)

Apprentice

Navigator arrived yesteday to Boston MA (USA)

Very fast delivery, thanks Eddie! Ordered Sunday; arrived yesterday late AM here outside Boston MA.

Very nice, as advertised. I'll post pictures if\when I can figure out how. But you all know how it looks. I've got some showing how well it fits. I was not sure how the 46.4mm case would fit my wrist: I have about 45mm of flat space above the wrist bone, and this is a 46.4mm case. But the slight curvature of the lugs and flat case back allow this to "sit down" and hug my wrist, so contact is made all the way out to all 4 lug tips. So I'd say perfect fit.

First time with a 36mm diameter watch. It sure looked small the case. But after wearing Doxa's for a few years now, I figured maybe I'm ready for another vintage size watch. The Doxa's small dial - 27mm - is actually smaller than the Navigator's 30mm dial. After years thinking the Doxa dial was too small, I decided to finally scratch the itch and see for myself. A few hours after receiving a 300 sub, I regretted very much WAITING SO LONG. I've been wearing Doxa's now almost everyday for 4 years.

Decided to jump right in, take off the plastic, and put it on. Have been wearing it now just over 24 hours. The Doxa is 42mm diameter, but is actually has a smaller watch case at 45mm. The Navigator has the larger dial, and is I think more legible. The hands have a reflective edges that seem to catch any light, which maybe draws the eye to them, and thus the time. The numbers are small but sharp and clear.

Every time I looked at it on my wrist, it was a bit of a shock. The watch looks smart and vintage, but oh so small. Like a kids or woman's watch. But after a few hours, that started to wear off.

It's such a nicely designed and proportioned watch., Clean, simple, and has a certain class to it. This morning I couldn't wait to put it on.

On the timograph I'm getting 0 crown up, -2 crown down, -4 dial up, -4 dial down. I think it's fully wound: did 30x. Not sure, read 23 x is the "minimum".

How many time to wind fully? Any danger over winding?

I've been wanting a hand wind watch for years, military \ pilot style. Really wanted it to be vintage style as well. The Navigator is IMHO near perfect in every way of what I wanted. Was between this, and 29's, and a Speedbird. I believe I "chose wisely".

Thanks to the many great posts here that helped be decide on the Navigator, and to Eddie for designing and putting one on my wrist.

Last edited by nepatriot; 2nd July 2022 at 17:30.

Master
    Congrats! You'll feel the crown resist when it's fully wound, and you won't be able to wind it any further.

Craftsman
    Looking forward to seeing the photos....I've been thinking about the Navigator recently and I think this will probably be my next Timefactors piece.

I'll probably wait until the Commander is released then attempt to get the Navigator during that opening window, it seemed to work when I picked up my Commando earlier this year.

Enjoy your new watch...