closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2 comments 1 day

Craftsman

2 comments 1 day

Working in retail, I get to have lots of interaction with the public.

I do wear a lot of my collection for work and usually get the odd comment regarding my wrist wear.

Yesterday was unusual as, from my perspective, I was wearing my Seiko Arnie reissue, a fairly low-key and cheaper watch.

1 chap commented and said, "I had one very similar to that in the 80s. Is it a Seiko?"

Told him yes and a bit of the Arnie back story and that Seiko had done this reissue and the originals were sought after.....his had long gone but said he might revisit with the reissue

Within an hour, another guy was enquiring too.

Interesting day and just shows it's not always the rolex omegas, etc, that pique interest.

Gratuitous pic of yesterday's star watch.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I don’t usually comment on other peoples watches but on a recent trip to the diy store (B&Q I think) the chap on the checkout was wearing a Damasko of some sort and had to pass comment.

I think he was pleased that somebody recognised it.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    I don’t usually comment on other peoples watches but on a recent trip to the diy store (B&Q I think) the chap on the checkout was wearing a Damasko of some sort and had to pass comment.

I think he was pleased that somebody recognised it.
    Yes, it was nice to chat with the customers about watches....breaks the day up nicely.

I also wear Sinn and Damasko at work. You can almost guarantee anyone talking about those brands is almost certainly a wis.

Grand Master
    As us watch nerds,its not unusual to notice what others are wearing,or unusual on occasion if it feels right to make a comment.
    Made a few acquaintances in our local that are into watches just as much as myself,so frequently chat about what weve bought.Plus makes a change to talk to someone when Im out with the Wife!!!.