I nearly had my Rolex whipped off my wrists whilst out in Spain which was fortunately solved when my wife whacked the girl who was doing it with her walking stick. I was wearing short sleeves due to the weather and the watch was a GMT11 with a coke bezel and a Jubilee bracelet, so I was hardly being careful. What worries me more than anything else is what could have happened to my wife if the girl or her accomplice fought back. Fortunately they very quietly walked off into the crowds.

I am now back in the UK and I want a decent watch that is less attention grabbing when wearing short sleeves and I have a few options.

1. Wear my 39mm Explorer1 214270 which is more laid back in appearance but still has white gold numerals which is a tad blingy.

2. Wear the Explorer1 with a brown leather strap which is definitely off the radar but I am not to keen on it for reasons I cannot really explain.

3. I have a 1986 SS Omega Constellation that I could get serviced and that is only 34mm in diameter and quite thin. Well below the radar.

4 Buy a Monofaced JLC Reverso and when I am in a risky place, I need only flip the watch over to reveal a plain metallic face.

5. My favourite watch is a 1980 Rolex Explorer11 1655. It looks nothing like a Rolex unless you know the models but the give away is the cyclops on the plastic lens. I favour this option but wonder if the cyclops puts it into the high risk category and that does concern me.

I am basically happy with any option but the days of wearing an obvious Rolex with short sleeves are over for me. 70yrs + wearing a Rolex is very high risk.

Simple question if I may be as bold - What do you think is the best option?