Hi Guys, It looks like I've got a buyer lined up for my Golf R and I've got both of these on a shortlist. M2335i Auto 2015 with 78k & FSH in Estoril or an M140i manual 2017 Mineral grey with 55K and FSH.
I like manuals in performance cars as a rule and have the ZF 8 speed in my other car (Audi A8) which I love but like the control that a manual gives as well as the physical interaction. However the Autos are great boxes and I do like both. Both are standard mechanically and similar in terms of spec. The M140 is around 2k more then the M235.
This will be my 2nd car and wont be a daily driver, so I'm not going to clock up a lot of miles but I'm not sure if I want to be buying a car that's already not far off 80k.
Is there anyone on here thats driven both or has a strong preference whether it's for the handling of one v the other or the B58 v N55 engines? I'd be intersted to hear your thoughts. This will be my 10th BMW, notable ones in the past 328i, 535D, F15 X5 and E46 M3 and I cant wait to be back in one.