closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How does a CWC SBS compare to other watches in the same price range?

How does a CWC SBS compare to other watches in the same price range?

I've watched/read a few reviews, and I have put in an offer on a CWC SBS. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them and how they compare to other watches in terms of quality in the £700 (new) range?

Master
    They are a solid watch. Ive had 2 until now. A no date RN diver early 2000 and an SBS from 2012. Both very reliable. Probably add another again at some point. New prices for what they are are a bit steep in my opinion.

A the time when I bought mine my next nearest comparative in value watch was my Marathon GSAR. Appreciated that its auto vs quartz. That aside in terms of build quality the GSAR seemed ahead. Both watches are made to a budget and 'mil spec'.

Buy and wear the hell out of it. I think they look good with some wabi on them.

CWC are looked on relatively favourably on here so Im sure others will chime in.

There's a relevant thread here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-they-worth-it

They used to cost pennies, now they cost a bit more, a lot more, but compared to other £700 quartz divers? They're hard to beat at any price.

Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post
    They are a solid watch. Ive had 2 until now. A no date RN diver early 2000 and an SBS from 2012. Both very reliable. Probably add another again at some point. New prices for what they are are a bit steep in my opinion.

A the time when I bought mine my next nearest comparative in value watch was my Marathon GSAR. Appreciated that its auto vs quartz. That aside in terms of build quality the GSAR seemed ahead. Both watches are made to a budget and 'mil spec'.

CWC are looked on relatively favourably on here so Im sure others will chime in.
    Thanks for sharing your experience, i've bought the SBS, so hopefully it'll be here on Friday but i'd still like to hear others opinions.

Regarding Marathon GSAR/TSAR, I blow hot and cold on them. I really like the aesthetic but they've just put up the prices massively on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    There's a relevant thread here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-they-worth-it

They used to cost pennies, now they cost a bit more, a lot more, but compared to other £700 quartz divers? They're hard to beat at any price.
    Thanks, I did try and search but it kept rejecting CWC and SBS as they're too short for the search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    Thanks, I did try and search but it kept rejecting CWC and SBS as they're too short for the search engine.
    I have had that trouble too. Instead of using the forum search, try these keywords in Google:

cwc sbs site:forum.tz-uk.com

Quote Originally Posted by williemays View Post
    I have had that trouble too. Instead of using the forum search, try these keywords in Google:

cwc sbs site:forum.tz-uk.com
    That's pretty good! I'll have to make a note of that method, cheers

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post

Did the 2012 SBS have the ETA quartz movement.

Thanks
    Last edited by P9CLY; 18th January 2023 at 21:55.

I believe they’ve all had the ETA movement until just recently.

Master
    I think so. A 955 xxx reference if I'm not mistaken.

Grand Master
    Thanks very much tzers much appreciated.