closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jaeger-LeCoultre Repair - anyone?

Craftsman

Jaeger-LeCoultre Repair - anyone?

Hi Guys - hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.....

I took my JLC Reverso Squadra Hometime out of the safe last week, and set the time. As I did this, the crown came off completely.

Is there any independent that one would recommend to repair such an issue, or am I stuck with going back to JLC. I did send it to Steven Hale, but he sent it back saying they are unable to get parts for a modern JLC... so am a bit confused.

Any assistance appreciated!

Thanks
    Simon

Blog Entries
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman

Thanks

Thank you so much

Did the crown just unscrew or did the stem break?

Problem might be how to open it which is why you want the right person to do the job

DON

Master
    I have a 1954 and the crown fell out whilst I was walking the streets of London.

No local repairer would even touch it and eventually I had to send it off to Jaeger for a new crown and a service. The bill was £1200.00 and a 3 month wait. This was over 10 years ago so goodness knows what the bill would be today.

Craftsman

stem

It doesn't look as though anything actually broke... just the entire stem came out - does it screw in then? I would have thought that unlikely as you need to be able to twist the crown to wind on etc... so if the stem screws into the mechanical bit, surely this would happen all the time?

I clearly have no idea what I am talking about though... all input appreciated.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Siysiy View Post
    It doesn't look as though anything actually broke... just the entire stem came out - does it screw in then? I would have thought that unlikely as you need to be able to twist the crown to wind on etc... so if the stem screws into the mechanical bit, surely this would happen all the time?

I clearly have no idea what I am talking about though... all input appreciated.
    To be honest I am a bit in the dark as well.

In my model the crown was connected to a shaft that had three diameters and evidently was damn difficult to fit and this was why Jaeger would not send parts out even to accredited repairers. Therefore they had me over a barrel.

The watch came back working perfectly and was silky smooth but the cost of it all seemed massively high.