closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch value without papers?

Watch value without papers?

I've seen a used CWC SBS for sale, but it has no papers, and I was wondering how much less is it worth without them?

I had a look through many of the past eBay auctions, as I can't look in the sales section here yet, and the only one I've looked at so far which doesn't have them is from a shop which would be able to provide their own receipt at least which isn't directly comparable.
    Last edited by Kitsan; 29th June 2022 at 14:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    I've seen a CWC SBS for sale, but it has no papers, and I was wondering how much less is it worth without them?

I had a look through many of the past eBay auctions, as I can't look in the sales section here yet, and the only one I've looked at so far which doesn't have them is from a shop which would be able to provide their own receipt at least which isn't directly comparable.
    For that watch having papers, or not will make no difference. Condition and the reliability of the seller are your main concerns.

Worrying about papers on a CWC is a first for me. You can tell the year of manufacture from the code on the caseback.

I can't see that a little booklet with a date is going to add anything in value unless it's still in warranty period and the booklet is proof, or if it's an issued watch and has some history.

I'm surprised that so many on ebay have them.

Can you post links to the items?

Most won’t have them and to be honest it’s only a bit of card that is sometimes filled in sometimes not so I would not expect it to make any difference to price.

Issued watches won’t have one anyway so again it’s not a problem

This is the auction https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185479958...53.m1438.l2649

I was hoping for an angle to haggle with the price a bit, since I think it's worth about £450(ish)?

I would not be worried about the lack of booklet
    The price is pretty good, no harm asking.
    If you like the watch go for it.

This is the auction https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185479958...53.m1438.l2649

I was hoping for an angle to haggle with the price a bit, since I think it's worth about £450(ish)?
    It's not an auction, it's a sale with the chance for punters to make an offer. So what are you waiting for?

If it helps there's an ebay voucher to take it to £450. It might only work on my account but worth a shot. Try code BAG15 at checkout.

I've wacked in an offer, thanks for the replies

I've wacked in an offer, thanks for the replies
    Didn't that code work?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Didn't that code work?
    I think the code should still work on top of any offer made. A £450 offer should still get a further 15% off.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

I ended up striking a deal with another seller, hopefully I should have my new SBS by the end of the week!

Is 36 too old to start taking swimming lessons?

Nice result
    It’s a really nice feeling when you have something you really want on the way to you.
    Especially having done a bit of research and thought about what you want.
    Be warned…. You are now on the slippery slope, before you know it you will be looking at other watches… maybe a Omega SM 300 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Be warned…. You are now on the slippery slope, before you know it you will be looking at other watches… maybe a Omega SM 300 etc.
    Always regret selling this …

Good result OP. We look forward to the pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Nice result
    It’s a really nice feeling when you have something you really want on the way to you.
    Especially having done a bit of research and thought about what you want.
    Agreed, I do have a bit of a warm fuzzy feeling and I'm really looking forward to getting it

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Always regret selling this …

Good result OP. We look forward to the pics
    I bet! I would really like to get another CWC Diver with no date, perhaps an automatic.

It'll be a while before I can work up the nerve to separate myself with £10K+ to buy one like that though!

Craftsman
    Overall no papers on a lower end watch wont affect the value significantly although the same cant be said for higher end luxury brands. I for one have sought out watches without papers as a substantial saving can be had. Obviously i have only bought from trusted sources as there are so many amazing quality fakes out there.
    My view is that I’ll wear the watch regularly and pretty much look at every day whereas the papers go into a drawer and I’ll likely never have the need to look at them again.

It'll be a while before I can work up the nerve to separate myself with £10K+ to buy one like that though!
    Cost me £1400ish about 7-8 years ago. All OEM but mostly service parts (bezel, hands, glass, maybe the dial?) so it wasn't a hen's teeth-issued 300, and it wasn't an all-original, crumbling lume, shattered bezel jobbie either, but it was lovely.