TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: LVMH to acquire Richemont?

LVMH to acquire Richemont?

Some potentially big news on the horizon:
    https://www.fuw.ch/richemont-im-visi...h-237063827031

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Some potentially big news on the horizon:
    https://www.fuw.ch/richemont-im-visi...h-237063827031
    Any chance you want to try and summarise the article for those of us that don't subscribe to that website or speak German? Maybe even give your thoughts on the subject?

Saw similar news on this rumour a day ago on English websites. Interesting to follow.

I really hope so though I don't see it. They may get Cartier. Personally I would like to see those clowns at Richemont out of the watch game.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Last edited by ryanb741; 28th February 2023 at 15:44.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Any chance you want to try and summarise the article for those of us that don't subscribe to that website or speak German? Maybe even give your thoughts on the subject?
    There is a very helpful button in Chrome

There are a lot of watch brands that could give lvmh a bigger stake in the watch market. Sadly, it is a shame that cartier would get swallowed up in the lvmh business model of regular price increases consistent decrease in quality. Their buying up of all their competitors is sad but inevitable given their wealth. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with a controlling share in nike too!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    The primary motivation for LVMH is to acquire Cartier, as it would complement their other jewellery brands.
    I personally don't think they would get regulatory approval to acquire the whole group.

Craftsman
    They won't get cartier as a Standalone.

They'd get regulatory approval.

One one or two of the watch brands would gain interest by this wanting to spin them off to become independent.

Very unlikely anything happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Get the whole ‘industry consolidation’ pressures, and the drive to grow for each of those groups. But one of the facets of enjoying a watch is the history and position of the brand. I like the independence of an Oris, or the ‘startup’ nature of Nomos, or what ALS achieved. When they become part of a conglomerate (as ALS), something if that is lost.

‘Watch fans” are not the main market, so for sure the main players won’t care about that, but I do feel a bit of a shame to see those gathered together, becoming part of a stable, to be positioned relative to other stables, rather than ploughing their own furrow.

It is what it is, and there will be other new companies coming along, but I do feel the loss of the freedom of some of those names.