closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parking for F1 at Silverstone?

Parking for F1 at Silverstone?

Hello,

My Daughter and I have tickets for Sunday but between us have completely failed to book any parking (she had one job...) and now everything through the website appears to be sold out.

Google throws up several sites that look like they're parking on a private field (cash payments) such as this one

https://silverstone-campsite.co.uk/f...n-silverstone/

Has anyone used something like this? It's an email to reserve then cash payment on arrival so not much to risk but I do want to make sure we secure a space. Are these sites legit? We haven't been before and it looks like things will be fairly chaotic travel-wise.

Any other suggestions please? We'll need a space from early on Sunday (maybe 7am?) until the race is over.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

We went for the weekend a couple of years and did both park and ride and parking on site. Of the two I’d recommend parking on site as it wasn’t prohibitively expensive (if I recall correctly about the same price as the park and ride although I can’t recall exact pricing). For convenience it was much better parking on site and wasn’t particularly difficult getting in or out. We parked in the one just before the main gates on the right (just before the Dunlop bridge).

Sorry my memory isn’t great but definitely on site was far better value and convenience.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My Nephew is paying £25 per day in legit car parks

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    My Nephew is paying £25 per day in legit car parks
    Park and ride was per person and I recall it being about a tenner. Hence on-site seems better value.

Thanks for the replies - unfortunately the park and ride is sold out too. Gambled on the site I linked in the first post - we'll have to see how it goes!

I worked in the car park there 30 years ago. I was a kid in hi Viz directing traffic!

The parking you have booked looks fine. Have a great day!

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    I worked in the car park there 30 years ago. I was a kid in hi Viz directing traffic!

The parking you have booked looks fine. Have a great day!

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
    Thank you :-)

Master
    The Ferrari pit should be available. I'll get my coat!

Master
    They’re also now sold out on Friday & Sunday, but for future reference I thoroughly recommend parking at the Silverstone schools: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/...school/581899/

Entirely safe, easy walk in to the track, a good cause, and an excellent bacon buttie stall in the village.

Just to close this out, the day was brilliant. The car park definitely had a space for us...and a million others. It took nearly three hours to cover the 500m from where we were parked to the road and then a long time to get home.

Living in Cheshire we were up at 3.45am and got home at 1.15am. Fantastic experience anyway and my Daughter loved it :-).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard View Post
    Just to close this out, the day was brilliant. The car park definitely had a space for us...and a million others. It took nearly three hours to cover the 500m from where we were parked to the road and then a long time to get home.

Living in Cheshire we were up at 3.45am and got home at 1.15am. Fantastic experience anyway and my Daughter loved it :-).
    Great to hear.

One point to add to the Silverstone Schools parking details: as long as you initially head north (the Daventry direction, on small roads between villages), leaving at the end of the day is relatively quick since you park on school car parks, playgrounds and small playing fields which aren’t very large, and most of the traffic parking elsewhere gets channelled east or west away from the track.

It also makes sense to stay somewhere in that direction if you’re going on several days. I used to stay at Staverton Park, but I haven’t been for 6 or 7 years, and it looks to have gone down recently.