closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: McDonald and Dodds - really?

McDonald and Dodds - really?

Tonight's episode has a Speedmaster Pro, suspiciously bought for £10k by the murder victim.

To assist you in deciding whether to tune in, here is a brief synopsis of the show:
    Jason Watkins never puts in a bad performance.
    DCI McDonald is a bit of a ball-breaker, but rather fetching.
    Some pleasant locations in & around Bath, and the Red Room at Sparkford Motor Museum. Unfortunately the cast keep standing in front of them.

I will update with the story of the previously-mentioned watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Tonight's episode has a Speedmaster Pro, suspiciously bought for £10k by the murder victim.

To assist you in deciding whether to tune in, here is a brief synopsis of the show:
    Jason Watkins never puts in a bad performance.
    DCI McDonald is a bit of a ball-breaker, but rather fetching.
    Some pleasant locations in & around Bath, and the Red Room at Sparkford Motor Museum. Unfortunately the cast keep standing in front of them.

I will update with the story of the previously-mentioned watch.
    As a long term Bath resident I can barely bring myself to watch it. I think the producers must think the Wurzels come from Bath. Dodd’s accent, considering he’s supposed to be from Twerton, is completely wrong. A Geordie accent would be closer.

Grand Master
    I spotted the watch earlier in the programme; unless my ears are deceiving me (possible) it was described as a 50 yr old Omega SEAmaster...........maybe I misheard but I deliberately pricked my ears up when I realised the dialogue was referring to the watch.

Mildly entertaining TV, but not brilliant.

I do feel your pain re. accents. Mr. Watkins does seem to have lost the patois since he played Christopher Jefferies, who was a bit upper crust anyway, and iirc from Bristol?.

I do find the glimpses of the city and environs stoke my fond memories of dealing with a printing firm in Bath. Do I remember The Old Green Tree?

By the way, I am in a post-party TV-side slump. I don't drink well in the afternoons. Hence the viewing.
    Last edited by unclealec; 26th June 2022 at 21:19.

You're right, he did accuse it of being a Seamaster. Calls himself a detective!

I literally lost the plot, so can't provide a resumé. Might have nodded off.

Grand Master
    Referred to as a Seamaster for a second time.......my ears aren’t deceiving me!

Why do they get such simple details wrong! There’s a strong clue on the bloody dial!

Made to watch it by SWBHO

Shouted “it’s a Speedmaster” at the TV when he said Seamaster. Wifey rolled her eyes and looked sick. Life of a WIS

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Made to watch it by SWBHO

Shouted “it’s a Speedmaster” at the TV when he said Seamaster. Wifey rolled her eyes and looked sick. Life of a WIS
    Other than if I used the term 'wifey' I would be making my own tea for the next month, this is precisely the sequence of events in my front room also....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Other than if I used the term 'wifey' I would be making my own tea for the next month, this is precisely the sequence of events in my front room also....
    Plus one to all of the above! :) Far too many "mistakes" by the "professionals"!

I watched the first series of this, but thought it was dull, predictable and uninspiring (and this sort of thing is usually my cup of tea).

Doesn't sound like I've missed a lot.

Although I'm off to ITV Player to see if I can see the Marcos in the red room :D

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Watched the first 30 mins of the first episode. So bad it was funny.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.