closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul McCartney at Glastonbury

Master
    "Obviously we can't keep playing the same sort of music until we're about 40, old men playing From Me To You, nobody's going to want that sort of thing" - Paul McCartney, 1963

Master
    Never rated Paul as a singer. Saw The Beatles live in the early sixties and it put me right off money making "large" venues for live music. Give me a folk club any day. Or just Ellie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9V0kmwtIY

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Never rated Paul as a singer. Saw The Beatles live in the early sixties and it put me right off money making "large" venues for live music. Give me a folk club any day. Or just Ellie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9V0kmwtIY
    Wow never knew she sang loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    I must admit Dave Grohl has made things interesting 
    Well, he certainly put McCartney's singing voice in a new perspective - Grohl's was awful...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Not my thing really, I watched for a bit but turned off. Preferred Noel Gallagher’s set to be honest. Then again, Beatles do nothing for me.

Ironic, really, as Gallagher's been a Beatles tribute act from day one!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Glastonbury was pretty meh for me this year to be honest, at least it was until the Pet Shop Boys!
    What a great set, it was just the happiest gig I’d seen and they just belted out the biggest hits, none of that “This is from our latest album” crap!

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Glastonbury was pretty meh for me this year to be honest, at least it was until the Pet Shop Boys!
    What a great set, it was just the happiest gig I’d seen and they just belted out the biggest hits, none of that “This is from our latest album” crap!
    Agree…very good set. I was a bit confused why the first 20-30 minutes Chris Lowe wasn’t on stage and it was blamed on a “technical problem”…I assume he was late. I guess based on stage presence, not much was missed!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Agree…very good set. I was a bit confused why the first 20-30 minutes Chris Lowe wasn’t on stage and it was blamed on a “technical problem”…I assume he was late. I guess based on stage presence, not much was missed!
    You could just make him out behind the screen so I assumed the keyboards at front of the stage weren’t working. Fair play to Neil Tennant for going ahead “solo”.
    Either that or Chris was stuck in one of the queues for a portaloo!

Pet Shop Boys were brilliant, they always have the best lighting, great background graphics and of course bonkers costumes.
    Hit after hit, thats the way to do it. Good to see 2 live drummers and percussionists on stage really added to the sound, giving it a more organic latin dance feel.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Ironic, really, as Gallagher's been a Beatles tribute act from day one!

M
    This is true.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Just watched it on catch up, amazing at 80. Real all time legend!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Something I just read about today, Paul McCartney's mother Mary died of cancer when he was 14, and he wrote "Let It Be" a decade or more later after he had a dream about her.

He was depressed and having a difficult time, and in the dream his mother appeared and told him, "It’s all right, just let it be."

Maybe this is apocryphal or already widely known, but it adds to my appreciation of Paul McCartney and the Beatles.

He performed "Let It Be" at Glastonbury, right? I will have to try to find a recording.

He did indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by williemays View Post
    Something I just read about today, Paul McCartney's mother Mary died of cancer when he was 14, and he wrote "Let It Be" a decade or more later after he had a dream about her.

He was depressed and having a difficult time, and in the dream his mother appeared and told him, "It’s all right, just let it be."

Maybe this is apocryphal or already widely known, but it adds to my appreciation of Paul McCartney and the Beatles.

He performed "Let It Be" at Glastonbury, right? I will have to try to find a recording.