closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 61 of 61

Thread: Paul McCartney at Glastonbury

  1. #51
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    7,284
    "Obviously we can't keep playing the same sort of music until we're about 40, old men playing From Me To You, nobody's going to want that sort of thing" - Paul McCartney, 1963

  2. #52
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Far East (of England)
    Posts
    2,734
    Never rated Paul as a singer. Saw The Beatles live in the early sixties and it put me right off money making "large" venues for live music. Give me a folk club any day. Or just Ellie?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9V0kmwtIY

  3. #53
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Madeley shropshire
    Posts
    4,604
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Never rated Paul as a singer. Saw The Beatles live in the early sixties and it put me right off money making "large" venues for live music. Give me a folk club any day. Or just Ellie?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9V0kmwtIY
    Wow never knew she sang loved it.

  4. #54
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    13,328
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    I must admit Dave Grohl has made things interesting 
    Well, he certainly put McCartney's singing voice in a new perspective - Grohl's was awful...

    M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  5. #55
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    13,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Not my thing really, I watched for a bit but turned off. Preferred Noel Gallagher’s set to be honest. Then again, Beatles do nothing for me.

    Ironic, really, as Gallagher's been a Beatles tribute act from day one!

    M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  6. #56
    Glastonbury was pretty meh for me this year to be honest, at least it was until the Pet Shop Boys!
    What a great set, it was just the happiest gig I’d seen and they just belted out the biggest hits, none of that “This is from our latest album” crap!

  7. #57
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,144
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Glastonbury was pretty meh for me this year to be honest, at least it was until the Pet Shop Boys!
    What a great set, it was just the happiest gig I’d seen and they just belted out the biggest hits, none of that “This is from our latest album” crap!
    Agree…very good set. I was a bit confused why the first 20-30 minutes Chris Lowe wasn’t on stage and it was blamed on a “technical problem”…I assume he was late. I guess based on stage presence, not much was missed!

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Agree…very good set. I was a bit confused why the first 20-30 minutes Chris Lowe wasn’t on stage and it was blamed on a “technical problem”…I assume he was late. I guess based on stage presence, not much was missed!
    You could just make him out behind the screen so I assumed the keyboards at front of the stage weren’t working. Fair play to Neil Tennant for going ahead “solo”.
    Either that or Chris was stuck in one of the queues for a portaloo!

  9. #59
    Pet Shop Boys were brilliant, they always have the best lighting, great background graphics and of course bonkers costumes.
    Hit after hit, thats the way to do it. Good to see 2 live drummers and percussionists on stage really added to the sound, giving it a more organic latin dance feel.

  10. #60
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    26,043
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Ironic, really, as Gallagher's been a Beatles tribute act from day one!

    M
    This is true.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  11. #61
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    8,185
    Just watched it on catch up, amazing at 80. Real all time legend!


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information