closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cartier Ronde solo on a strap or a bracelet?!

Cartier Ronde solo on a strap or a bracelet?!

I got this nice Cartier Ronde Solo XL (so 42mm), a while ago.

It came on the bracelet, very nice it is too...As its been raining/thunder/lightning/hailstones etc. today! Ive been changing a few straps on watches. I put the Cartier, on a thin comfy and cheap! dark blue leather strap I had hanging around, What do you think? I may get an Alligator strap for it, as I think it would look great on it.

Ive seen pics. of them on an Alligator strap, they look really nice. Wont be getting a Cartier one though! I imagine they would be quite expensive!

A couple of quick pics below. (lug size is 22mm by the way).

Master
    Looks good on the strap as a proof of concept, but it's not quite the right fit.

Either way, a lot more special on the bracelet for me.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Looks good on the strap as a proof of concept, but it's not quite the right fit.

Either way, a lot more special on the bracelet for me.
    I think that's probably what I'm thinking.!

Here is a pic (nicked from the internet!) of a proper Cartier strap on the same type of watch.

You haven't given us a bracelet wristshot but from what I see and what I know about Cartier, I would most definitely say bracelet.

Nice watch, by the way!
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    You haven't given us a bracelet wristshot but from what I see and what I know about Cartier, I would most definitely say bracelet.

Nice watch, by the way!
    Not a brilliant photo...but here you go!

I like the strap that valleywatch is suggesting but I would still say bracelet.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

I sometimes feel like a contrarian but I think it looks infinitely better on the strap. Then again, IMO most watches do. Having said that, I find croc straps a bit naff. I like the pairing you currently have

Master
    I can't abide a gap between the edge of the strap and the lug, but in any case the bracelet looks so much better than the OEM strap pictured. All imho of course.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

I’m sure it would look great on a black crocodile strap - but personally I’d find that combination too formal/dressy - the bracelet looks great and allows it to be worn on smart occasions as well as with jeans and a t-shirt. The strap would just say ‘this is a dress watch’ to me. For the record I’m not one of those people who worry about such details, but I know some do. If I like a watch I’ll wear it with anything tbh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.

Ive been wearing it since yesterday,,,on the strap!

I "think", though that it looks better on the bracelet....

Agreed, I think on an Alligator strap, it would , really really! a dress type watch. On this plain strap, though? It looks good...but I think 99.99% it will be worn on the bracelet!

Looks like the perfect watch to swap between strap and bracelet regularly, depending on if you want the dressier or sportier look. Not a fan of roman numerals usually, but that watch looks gorgeous.

These lend themselves to a gloss lizard very nicely; the bracelet is a bit overpowering for the head and doesn’t really offer punchy contrast.