closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex insurance help

Blog Entries

Rolex insurance help

hi, a guy a work has a rolex that he keeps in sock in a drawer! he has the box and papers somewere.
    anyway hes updating his insurance and i sggested to him that he may have to mention the rolex, im not sure if new for old affects an older watch? i dont know much about rolex watches and how insurance companies work with older watches, can anyone help please?
    sorry for the crap pictures.

Depends on the insurance company, his current policy will have details of what is covered and also what needs to be declared to be covered.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    I'm not convinced that's genuine. The date window looks misaligned, crown guards look wrong and the strap looks poorly aligned with the lugs. However, I'm not an expert!

Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    I'm not convinced that's genuine. The date window looks misaligned, crown guards look wrong and the strap looks poorly aligned with the lugs. However, I'm not an expert!
    You raise valid sounding points. Hopefully an expert will be along to take a look, watching with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    Not an expert, but camera looks slightly tilted to avoid reflection in the crystal.

Thats why the mag. looks slight off centered with the date. it does appear to be centered with the 15 min. mark on the bezel

Master
    Blog Entries
    As above - check with his insurance company, the age is irrelevant, it's the value that matters.

For what it's worth - when I asked them to add it, DirectLine wouldnt cover my Rolex at any time unless I was wearing it (even in a safe at home). I'm with Aviva/QuoteMeHappy now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    DirectLine wouldnt cover my Rolex at any time unless I was wearing it (even in a safe at home).
    Shows how crazy things are. I read that as you had to be in the safe while wearing the watch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    As above - check with his insurance company, the age is irrelevant, it's the value that matters.

For what it's worth - when I asked them to add it, DirectLine wouldnt cover my Rolex at any time unless I was wearing it (even in a safe at home). I'm with Aviva/QuoteMeHappy now.
    They would at Direct Line Select but they’re the dept you call if you have more than 5 bedrooms, a swimming pool, or tennis courts, and you better be sitting down when they quote you.

Blog Entries
    Hi, as I said I'm no expert and never seen it in the flesh, he's sending me over a picture of the paperwork, he bought it from a dive shop in Redcar a good few years ago.

Craftsman
    I have a few Rolex watches <£15k each and I have all risk cover with esure on my buildings/contents insurance and it's about £20 per year per watch.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I have a few Rolex watches <£15k each and I have all risk cover with esure on my buildings/contents insurance and it's about £20 per year per watch.

Steve
    Are they individually declared? As that is really low especially if they are covered all risk when worn outside.

Master
    I’ve got my watches insured on a new for old basis on my Aviva home insurance covered for all risks.

Craftsman
    Yes all declared as I don't want any wiggle room from them, if you know what I mean. I thought it was going to be more expensive myself.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Are they individually declared? As that is really low especially if they are covered all risk when worn outside.