closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Some cheeky sod nicked my links..!

Some cheeky sod nicked my links..!

I always thought this must happen with online watch purchases, but it's the first time I've personally experienced it. Slightly over-dramatic title, just sharing the experience and a word of caution really

Purchased a GMW-B5000 model variant directly off Casio which arrived today. Collected from the post office this evening, unwrapped and immediately thought 'hmm, that's not right'. Watch had no stickers so clearly a return, although immaculate so that's not an issue (I've returned watches too after all). However I've handled enough of these over the years to know I shouldn't be getting a near fit on my wrist straight out of the box. Sure enough, four links missing based on a quick comparison to the Casio promo shot. Not like it's one missing either, four links is 1.25 inches of bracelet length, so a bit of an oversight in the returns department!

The optimist in me wants to believe someone sized it for their wrist, didn't bond, packed it away and forgot to include the links. The pessimist in me can't overlook the absence of stickers, after all if someone was pilfering a sizeable chunk of bracelet they wouldn't want to draw attention by reattaching stickers that don't fit. A clumsy error or a devious plot by the prior owner? We'll never know...

I've emailed customer services and have no doubt Casio will see me right on this, so no harm done. But a small word of warning, even if buying new direct from the manufacture, count those links!

Update with positive resolution on post #15

Last edited by M1011; 28th June 2022 at 12:43.

Easy to miss the number of links but clearly there is no process at their end, they just chuck it back on the shelf to sell again with nothing more than a quick glance. Id half expect this with some shops but from Casio direct that’s pretty sloppy.

I had this once at Argos. My friend had a watch with a very distinctive scratch in the bezel. I liked the watch and went to buy at Argos. Got it home to find the same scratch. Turns out he had returned his and I'd bought it. Argos clearly hadn't checked for damage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    I had this once at Argos. My friend had a watch with a very distinctive scratch in the bezel. I liked the watch and went to buy at Argos. Got it home to find the same scratch. Turns out he had returned his and I'd bought it. Argos clearly hadn't checked for damage
    Did he buy it scratched or he’s dodgy too?

No idea. Maybe he scratched it and returned it within the old 16 money back guarantee. Maybe he bought it scratched. No idea.

I had to buy a different batch because they didn't have another in stock

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I've emailed customer services and have no doubt Casio will see me right on this, so no harm done.
    No longer so confident all will be well with this one, as the watch is a limited edition and appears to have sold out.
    I have a feeling my only option will be to return and miss out

Blog Entries
    No longer so confident all will be well with this one, as the watch is a limited edition and appears to have sold out.
    I have a feeling my only option will be to return and miss out
    They must keep spare parts in stock. Or so one would hope...

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    They must keep spare parts in stock. Or so one would hope...
    Yea I'll push for that, hopefully common sense prevails!

Blog Entries
    WF nick them (and boxes / booklets etc) and then sell for profit on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/watchfindershop

Hope Casio sort this for you.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 26th June 2022 at 07:26.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Yea I'll push for that, hopefully common sense prevails!
    I’d want a swap. A different watch in fresh stickers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Absolutely I would settle for nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Absolutely I would settle for nothing less.
    With it being sold out, I can’t see that being an option unfortunately.

I’m not too bothered about the stickers to be fair, as it’s a G-Shock after all and it is mint. Missing parts though is too far. Will be interesting to see if they rise to the occasion with a reasonable resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Sneaky buggers! That’s actually pretty awful.

Sneaky buggers! That’s actually pretty awful.
    Most of the ‘used’ straps look fit for the bin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a resolution. Casio initially described this as a warehouse mistake and wanted me to return for a refund. When I pointed out that it was sold out (ironically 1 in stock now, I guess that must by definition be a return also) and would prefer the links, they were happy to agree to that.

So 4 links on the way to me now and assuming they arrive, all is well again. Moral of the story remains - doesn't matter where you buy it, count those links!

Master
    We have a resolution. Casio initially described this as a warehouse mistake and wanted me to return for a refund. When I pointed out that it was sold out (ironically 1 in stock now, I guess that must by definition be a return also) and would prefer the links, they were happy to agree to that.

So 4 links on the way to me now and assuming they arrive, all is well again. Moral of the story remains - doesn't matter where you buy it, count those links!
    Glad you got resolution, which really is something in this day and age of terrible customer service.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

When I bought a 16610, the Rolex AD did this to me (links). Was too distracted by shiny to notice at the time. Shysters.

Craftsman
    Same thing for me - I didn’t notice until last year that the Rolex AD had only supplied one spare link after sizing the watch (for my small wrist). Lesson learned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTRacer View Post
    When I bought a 16610, the Rolex AD did this to me (links). Was too distracted by shiny to notice at the time. Shysters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser3 J View Post
    Same thing for me - I didn’t notice until last year that the Rolex AD had only supplied one spare link after sizing the watch (for my small wrist). Lesson learned.
    Luckily (fcvo luck) I have a rather large wrist so I'd probably often need more links added on a Rolex bought new direct from an AD.

It's a moot point as I've never bought a Rolex from an AD but aren't they supposed to supply one or two extra links for free if needed at the point of sale of the watch?