closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New from Fears - Limited Edition Brunswick

Apprentice

New from Fears - Limited Edition Brunswick

A new collaboration release from Fears and a US Retailer, I think it looks great, especially the white dial!

https://www.fratellowatches.com/fear...jewelers/#gref

Its a shame about a few things... quite a high price, very limited (only 25 being made of each colour) and the fact its only sold in the US. On the plus side it shows perhaps a more sporty direction alongside a traditional one of past.

Anyone had any experience with one of the modern Fears offerings?

I’ve tried several times and I just don’t like cali dials, apart from that, nice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TTSFR View Post
    and the fact its only sold in the US.
    They clearly know where their market is.

I like the black dial texture, although I'm not a fan of Cali dials.

Another that dislikes Cali dials here, I like them brand in general but these aren't for me.

Craftsman
    I am thinking of getting their Brunswick Jubilee edition, with a Royal Purple dial, which I think is nicer than this new limited edition - I definitely don’t like the mix of Roman and Arabic numerals (California dial). The other Brunswick editions are all Arabic numerals only.

Fears told me earlier this week that they should be open a new showroom later this summer in Bristol, where there office is. I don’t think they have a showroom at all, at the moment.
    Last edited by Tatters; 23rd June 2022 at 19:20.

I quite like a lot of what Fears does.....but not that.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

For the sake of balance, I really like Cali dials but I don’t like that watch.

Craftsman
    I've handled all the Fears watches bar the topper version - the watches I've seen have been superbly designed with really well thought out details and an uncompromising level of attention goes into each one.

I imagine these are no different.

Having said that the design leaves me unimpressed
    Cali dials don't do it for me in general and combined with a cushion case it gives big homage vibes which I don't think Fears should be associating with a ten foot barge pole (I know panerai didn't invent the cushion case but they certainly popularised it along with Cali dials too)

Between this and the Garrick Collab I can't see Fears
    remaining true to the 'Elegantly Understated' slogan they used since their revival, but I still hold them dear to my heart and look forward to seeing them grow in popularity

Craftsman
    I like the contrast of the yellow second hand with the black dial.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I like Cali dials and think this is a great release. I think the size of the numerals is better proportioned on this one than the other Brunswick models. I also don't think the sub second integration on the others works at least in photos.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    Between this and the Garrick Collab I can't see Fears remaining true to the 'Elegantly Understated' slogan they used since their revival, but I still hold them dear to my heart and look forward to seeing them grow in popularity
    I quite like the Garrick collaboration, but it is way outside my price bracket. I tend to manually wind my automatics a lot anyway, as I don't wear them every day (normally two or three in rotation), so a manual winder would be OK I think.

I cannot see where the money went. It looks like a watch costing less than £1K. I like their "Archival 1930" but the rest of their output is too generic, especially at the price.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

I agree - the black dialled variant in particular looks like a pretty standard microbrand effort to my eye. The white colour way is nicer but $3900 still seems pricey. They all sold quickly though so what do I know.

I felt the same about the standard Brunswick. I once ordered the salmon dialled version which looks great in close up photos. In person, it felt quite ordinary and I ended up returning it. They're now up to £3350 and don't discount - if I fancied a dressy, salmon dialled watch I'd save the extra money and go for the Habring2 Felix at £4250.

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    .....They all sold quickly though so what do I know.
    Well if that is the case, good luck to them. I know they have a following so there you go. I am just greedy and I want to see new and amazing things...
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

I ordered the Jubilee Ltd Edition yesterday - actually before the news that the Queen was poorly and then sadly passed away. Sad coincidence and now it will remain a poignant reminder of her.