closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Halfords heads-up

Hybrid View

Halfords heads-up

I was after a tool roll to store some of my tools in for keeping on my boat and wandering around Halfords yesterday I came across this tool bag:

It was sat on a shelf in the tools section but didn't have a price on it, so I asked an assistant how much it was and was told £20. That seemed ok so I said I'd buy it, only to be told that I'd have to go and get a boxed one from the other side of the aisle. Off I went and found the boxes, however they held a range of tools already inside the bag.

Taking one back to the assistant I said I could only find them with tools included, whereupon she said they only came as a kit - and the £20 she'd quoted was the price for the package!

Seems a bargain to me.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

They were available for about 8 quid a few weeks/months ago - stacking a Halford's car club discount with another voucher. I found it on Hot UK Deals.

I picked a couple up - one for the car, and one for the boat. They've come in handy a few times already.

Decent set for the money tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I was after a tool roll to store some of my tools in for keeping on my boat and wandering around Halfords yesterday I came across this tool bag:

It was sat on a shelf in the tools section but didn't have a price on it, so I asked an assistant how much it was and was told £20. That seemed ok so I said I'd buy it, only to be told that I'd have to go and get a boxed one from the other side of the aisle. Off I went and found the boxes, however they held a range of tools already inside the bag.

Taking one back to the assistant I said I could only find them with tools included, whereupon she said they only came as a kit - and the £20 she'd quoted was the price for the package!

Seems a bargain to me.

R

Assuming that it's good stuff that is a bargain.
    I was.more than that for a wee socket set last week....

Cheers,

Adam.

Master
    That seems like good value.

Master
    Seems a bit silly to duplicate the 11-13mm sockets when 14, 15, 17 and 19 would be really useful.