closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: HELP, does anyone know where I can get a 16oz or 20oz plumb claw hammer ?

HELP, does anyone know where I can get a 16oz or 20oz plumb claw hammer ?

If any one can point me to somewhere in the UK 🇬🇧 where I can get one ? Used or new does not matter but it needs to have the non wooden purple handle.

I’ve ordered from America and nothing turned up !!!!!!!
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Hi Mike, thanks but I’ve tried ordering one and three weeks later I got a thank you for returning it and a refund ?
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Thanks, that’s more of a ripping hammer though and hoping to source without international !
    Cheers

Simon

Blog Entries
    Apologies in advance as this isn't answering your question but I've got to ask: Why does it have to be this exact make and model? Aren't there other similar claw hammers out there?
    Last edited by markrlondon; 20th June 2022 at 14:56.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Apologies in advance as this isn't answering your question but I've got to ask: Why does it have to be this exact make and model? Aren't there other similar claw hammers out there?
    No probs ;-) It’s for a very good friend who has used these all his life and he has lost his current job he so wanted to get him a little surprise ;-)
    Cheers

Simon

Mark asked my question and you’ve answered it Simon.
    Good luck with your quest.
    Hope all is well with you and yours ;)

Quote Originally Posted by John Wall View Post
    Mark asked my question and you’ve answered it Simon.
    Good luck with your quest.
    Hope all is well with you and yours ;)
    Hi John, thanks mate, fingers crossed l can get one for him. All good here, just a bit older and a bit more deaf, hope you and yours are well also 👍
    Cheers

Simon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    No probs ;-) It’s for a very good friend who has used these all his life and he has lost his current job he so wanted to get him a little surprise ;-)
    Oh that's so nice of you. What a good friend. :-)

Good luck with finding one! I reckon, if it were me, I'd give Amazon another try.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Thanks, that’s more of a ripping hammer though and hoping to source without international !

Just in case you are unaware some international purchases on eBay come under the global shipping program, where the seller ships the goods to ebays local clearing house and they are repacked and sent to you via ebays agent, they also cover the customs costs so you pay the the screen price and no more.

I’ve used it a few times without issue, if you can only find one in the us then it would be worthwhile seeing in that seller is using the program.

I think the supplier on Amazon UK is Plumb Tools Direct Limited. They operate out of a shared business site in Harlow...Street View link...and it appears they are not doing too well, see link. Sorry to be the bringer of bad new.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I’ve bitten the bullet and bought one from eBay US so fingers crossed !!!!
    Cheers

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Oh that's so nice of you. What a good friend. :-)

Good luck with finding one! I reckon, if it were me, I'd give Amazon another try.
    I’m not that nice :-))))))) , the sentence was supposed to read “he lost his on his current job” ;-))))
    Cheers

Simon

Blog Entries
    I’m not that nice :-))))))) , the sentence was supposed to read “he lost his on his current job” ;-))))
    Hehe, well nice either way. :-)

Master
    Treat him to an 'Estwing', he'll never look back!

Curious, but any particular reason for this brand?

Apex which owns the brand lists two UK companies,, but one link doesn't work and second doesn't carry tools

Anything listing UK links back to US sellers

I've had my Estwing hammer since 1978

DON

The reason for this particular hammer is that he has got so used to it, using it most of his working life, it’s like it’s part of him and I don’t think any others feel just right. I use a fatmax antivibe (I’m not a joiner) and the other joiner uses an Estwing.
    Cheers

Simon

The reason for this particular hammer is that he has got so used to it, using it most of his working life, it’s like it’s part of him and I don’t think any others feel just right. I use a fatmax antivibe (I’m not a joiner) and the other joiner uses an Estwing.
    Might be a tough find in the UK or even International for a certain colored handle

Checked a local building supply store in Canada and only carry the solid steel models

S/H alone could be more than the hammer

Check Amazon UK. Canada has them listed and UK also, but no idea where they're shipped from and choice limited.

Could also email the company and tell your story. Sympathetic stories sometimes get results (unless cold hearted bastards)

DON

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Treat him to an 'Estwing', he'll never look back!
    Yes this is what he needs.