closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gas for a Weber

Master

Gas for a Weber

I've a charcoal Weber but looking to help my in-laws who have a new Q1200. They are currently using the small disposable gas canister but would like to use a larger cylinder. They seem to be struggling to source it locally. Any tips on where to order from

I just got two delivered today after calling around yesterday.

Search on the Flogas or Calor website for stockists and ring around. They’re available.

Just need the bbq to be delivered tomorrow and then a small domestic in the garden Saturday morning building it and I’ll be good to go.

I bought a 13kg gas can from B&Q last week for my Weber Q, £56 I think.

Round here a lot of the gas stockists are not selling new bottles, they are doing empty to full swaps only.
    Apparently, there has been a non-specific intention to change the bottle Regs, so manufacturers have stopped making the existing style bottles, and they have become quite scarce as a result.
    Stockists also seem unwilling to do anything other than like for like swaps.

You can get the a converter that screws onto the fitting where you would normally connect the small disposable canisters and has a regulator that connects to a larger gas bottle. Webber do one but a bit pricey https://www.weber.com/GB/en/accessor...coal/8482.html Something like this is a cheaper alternative https://www.huddersfieldgas.co.uk/pr...r-q-lp-models/

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Is it as simple as that?
    I ‘think’ they are 2 different systems - I think the 1200 takes C500 canisters - you’ll need some sort of converter- I think

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I've a charcoal Weber but looking to help my in-laws who have a new Q1200. They are currently using the small disposable gas canister but would like to use a larger cylinder. They seem to be struggling to source it locally. Any tips on where to order from
    Where in Kent are you
    Last one I got was from nova in ruckinge
    http://www.novagas.co.uk/contact-us/

I would recommend the flogas light 5kg bottle.

Lasts for ages (mine last a whole year with 1
    /2 bbq a week - maybe 50 all in)

The bottle is considerably easier to move and handle than the traditional metal bottles.

Well worth it.

https://www.flogas.co.uk/product/5kg...UaAvS2EALw_wcB

Master

I picked mine up from Homebase, 10kg and had loads in stock ready to pick up.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I just got two delivered today after calling around yesterday.

Search on the Flogas or Calor website for stockists and ring around. They’re available.

Just need the bbq to be delivered tomorrow and then a small domestic in the garden Saturday morning building it and I’ll be good to go.
    Which one did you choose in the end?

I built my 3 burner Weber Genesis single handed, so am sure you will manage without the domestic!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Round here a lot of the gas stockists are not selling new bottles, they are doing empty to full swaps only.
    Apparently, there has been a non-specific intention to change the bottle Regs, so manufacturers have stopped making the existing style bottles, and they have become quite scarce as a result.
    Stockists also seem unwilling to do anything other than like for like swaps.
    Yes seems to still be refills only.

Foolishly I am on my last 1/4 of my second tank and was too lazy in the heat last week to get the empty sorted. I hope there is local stock.

If not BGE time instead but not as convenient for a mid week quick lunch working from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Which one did you choose in the end?

I built my 3 burner Weber Genesis single handed, so am sure you will manage without the domestic!
    No idea if I’ve got the right one or not. I wanted to go balls deep but my wife kept saying if we get something too big we’ll end up hosting all the time.

Went for this one https://www.johnlewis.com/weber-spir...as-bbq/p540191

But now I’m wondering if I should cancel/return it and get this https://www.riversidegardencentre.co...335-gbsr-black

Master
    No idea if I’ve got the right one or not. I wanted to go balls deep but my wife kept saying if we get something too big we’ll end up hosting all the time.

Went for this one https://www.johnlewis.com/weber-spir...as-bbq/p540191

But now I’m wondering if I should cancel/return it and get this https://www.riversidegardencentre.co...335-gbsr-black
    I’ve got the second one but without the side burner. It’s great to be honest but if your first foray into it then your original Spirit is a great start point.

I had my spirit for about 13 years and was still going well. A friend who’s hard on his luck now has it and loves it.

Big difference between the 2 model types was space, weight / robustness and the final part is the rubber bits on the lid so it doesn’t sound metal on metal when you close the lid.

I’m happy with the way I went but I’m heavily invested into my bbq equipment and the trade up is fairly large!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Where in Kent are you
    Last one I got was from nova in ruckinge
    http://www.novagas.co.uk/contact-us/
    I'm TW direction, but sometimes around Ashford. Thank you.

And thanks to everyone else on the advice for the convertors and options

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I’ve got the second one but without the side burner. It’s great to be honest but if your first foray into it then your original Spirit is a great start point.

I had my spirit for about 13 years and was still going well. A friend who’s hard on his luck now has it and loves it.

Big difference between the 2 model types was space, weight / robustness and the final part is the rubber bits on the lid so it doesn’t sound metal on metal when you close the lid.

I’m happy with the way I went but I’m heavily invested into my bbq equipment and the trade up is fairly large!
    Aaaaaand now I’m back to Genesis!

I can pick up the Genesis E-325S tomorrow/Sat or wait for w/c 4th July and get the E-425S.

I don’t think it’s worth waiting another two weekends for the four burner as the E-325S is going to be an upgrade from the one I was going to get anyway and I have absolutely no self control.

I can pick up the Genesis E-325S tomorrow/Sat or wait for w/c 4th July and get the E-425S.

I don’t think it’s worth waiting another two weekends for the four burner as the E-325S is going to be an upgrade from the one I was going to get anyway and I have absolutely no self control.
    In that case get both!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I have one of the small Flogas bottles. I can't tell how much is left in it - it doesn't have any liwuid sloshing around, and I can't see anything in it. Yet it keeps on going. Is there any way to tell? Weight?

Master
    Stopped workout for a calor stockist and the end of last year, but most sizes were swaps only and no new contracts as the spare stock isn’t available.
    I can’t recall the figures now but lock down made demand sore and if it’s not being used it takes the cylinders out of the system, hence swaps only, plus as a retailer some sizes you would lose money on a new cyclinder agreement, although you would make profit on the gas.

Flo gas seem to have supply of new cylinders, or as we used to recommend find an empty cylinder on Facebook marketplace or gum tree and away you go

Master

Or get last years mode with a good saving?

https://www.wowbbq.co.uk/categories/...74~WEB61016174

The non matching width of the tables on the 2022 models really triggers me for some reason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I picked mine up from Homebase, 10kg and had loads in stock ready to pick up.
    i bought one from Homebase earlier in the year, price was a bit of a shock £71 I think, must be more now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    i bought one from Homebase earlier in the year, price was a bit of a shock £71 I think, must be more now
    £90!! But £56 for a refill

Ebay for empty calor propane and butane bottles. Certainly the same for your "Patio/BBQ" gas, it will be butane.
    As previously noted, the supply of new bottles is very very dry.
    None of my local calor stockists would do anything except exchange (empty for full)

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I’m pretty sure it was around £95

Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    Ebay for empty calor propane and butane bottles. Certainly the same for your "Patio/BBQ" gas, it will be butane.
    As previously noted, the supply of new bottles is very very dry.
    None of my local calor stockists would do anything except exchange (empty for full)
    Agree.

Gumtree is another good source for gas bottles.