What you all think ..? I reckon it’s looks great
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/LmnqJ0r

It's still a BMW

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    It's still a BMW
    Well spotted

That interior looks vile to me.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Looks epic, had the E46 version long ago and still the best car I've ever owned.

Master
    No pictures of the front but at least it won't be as ugly as a Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    No pictures of the front but at least it won't be as ugly as a Tesla
    Here you go
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/1SYvZqx

It will no doubt be brilliant but..

Prices starting at £ 80’000 so once optioned reasonably thats 90k for a 3 series estate which seems quite toppy .

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Oh, I guess he was wrong then!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

It's certainly not a looker!

Master
    I'm not a fan of the increasingly massive kidney grills, look a bit silly.

Craftsman
    Joe Achilles has posted a YouTube video on it

https://youtu.be/7TNDo5rzHSM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post

Prices starting at £ 80’000 so once optioned reasonably thats 90k for a 3 series estate which seems quite toppy .
    but 18 months later it will be worth half of that, BMW's are massively over price to start with, that is why the depreciation curve is so steep. Before the current blip you could buy pre registered M5's for half price.

Could they have made it more ugly? Looks way worse than my 5-Touring. But, as mentioned, still better looking than a sterile Tesla.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    My best mate has ordered one, the order had to be placed last Friday (with no prices yet) to secure the first possible delivery. Looking forward to having a drive with it!-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Looks epic, had the E46 version long ago and still the best car I've ever owned.

I've still got my e46, I added the CSL airbox a few years back too

I think the M3 tourer looks great from the back... not so much the front

Objectively this will be a brilliant albeit slightly bonkers and very expensive all-rounder.

Looks are of course divisive but I think people have got used to the new design language of the M3 & M4 and at least its interesting.

I don't think they expect that many buyers will go for the red/black interior but its click bait for the release photos......plenty more colours are available. But those seats are bloody awesome.

I'm surprised by comments about losing value as current used prices for standard M3's seem to be holding up but then maybe that's a bit false in the current economic climate.

But when it might cost £65K for a decent RS3 these days then £80k for a more powerful larger car doesn't seem mispriced.

On balance though I'd probably still just have a M340i Touring which I can probably drive harder for longer before losing my license!

Master
    Blog Entries
    It’s great but pricey, I would rather have a 340 and a jet ski

Master
    Will be a capable machine but ridiculously priced and when normal production returns will drop like a stone.
    A car for someone retired who likes fast cars and has no other calls on his cash.
    I bought the F80 M3 at £52K in 2016 -ludicrously priced now
    As mentioned RS3 now 60-65K but it will hold value better.

Master
    It's still a BMW
    If you tried a F22 M240i you'd see that is flattery not scorn. Its a much better all round vehicle than my 911.

I too can't say I get on with the Ford Edsel grills they insist on fitting to the fast stuff at present, rather too gynaecological.
    Last edited by Padders; 22nd June 2022 at 11:05.

but 18 months later it will be worth half of that, BMW's are massively over price to start with, that is why the depreciation curve is so steep. Before the current blip you could buy pre registered M5's for half price.

Might have been the case 3-4 years ago for the BMW brand but not in today's market Adrian............and the market we have now is unlikely to materially change change for a minimum of 18-24 months from where I am sitting. (I run 2 business's in the sector, at the sharp end)

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Might have been the case 3-4 years ago for the BMW brand but not in today's market Adrian............and the market we have now is unlikely to materially change change for a minimum of 18-24 months from where I am sitting. (I run 2 business's in the sector, at the sharp end)
    Businesses.

Master
    I love a tourer and am loosely in the market for one but well out my price league and think its a stunner and will sell well

I like it a lot, but am an unashamed M fan. Not at RRP though.

I can see myself looking at a 3 or 4 year old car in time.

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    This
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    I’ve found that the design grows on you. It has with me anyway. I also find it’s colour dependant as well, favouring darker colours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon if you get one of the first to arrive at bmw centre you could enjoy it for 6 to 12 months and maybe not lose a penny on it

Craftsman
    As a current G8x owner (2021 M4 Comp) I had thought about chopping mine in next year for one as they become available but I much prefer my dash, not a fan of HVAC controls being in the touchscreen and it looks cobbled on and not well integrated

Great looking thing though especially darker colours

That front end is hideous.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    My best mate has ordered one, the order had to be placed last Friday (with no prices yet) to secure the first possible delivery. Looking forward to having a drive with it!-)
    What lead time was he given? Was talking the other week to Vertu about an M4 and they said 16 to 18 months unless I took the show car in Oct that had had about 15,000 sweaty bodies clambered over it at the shows.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    But this is driven by the market itself and not the fact an artificially high RRP for a BMW is weathering depreciation in the way Porsches do.

Only need to look at the discounts that were available to see BMW eroding their own equity. I’m sure once supply and demand return to normal then the depreciation will return to them once more as they chase the volume game.

Craftsman
    As a current G21 owner, I’m looking forward to seeing it at Goodwood on Friday.

You'd only lose 50% in 18 months if you were stupid enough to pay list price, 15-20% discount was always easily achievable

Obviously not any more though, but on the upside residuals are much better now so swings and roundabouts, BMW no different to Audi or Mercedes with regard to depreciation etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    But this is driven by the market itself and not the fact an artificially high RRP for a BMW is weathering depreciation in the way Porsches do.

Only need to look at the discounts that were available to see BMW eroding their own equity. I’m sure once supply and demand return to normal then the depreciation will return to them once more as they chase the volume game.

I have only referred to the market and not the RRP, "artificially high" or not, here. Plus the RRP is, essentially, a marketing derived figure given that the vast majority buyers will fund their purchase

And knowing the industry as we do, "normal" supply vs. demand is still quite some way as I have mentioned. Plus if you actually look at the recent trading statements of companies like MB/BMW and VW Group they have all stated that part of the lessons of the last few years is stop chasing volume at minimal profit and to now aim for profit first, market share second.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 22nd June 2022 at 17:21. Reason: typo/added stuff

I thinks its great!

My M5 Touring was the ultimate sheep-in-wolves clothing & was such a great car - this looks a little less subtle but great fun!

You can drop £85k on an A4 estate.

The front end work in person I have no issue with it at all despite joining the chorus of hate when the first pics appeared.

I wonder what the wait time is on a Touring, 2023 I assume?

Master

Think the absolute cheapest, base model, 4 series is over £40,000 which puts it into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    The front end work in person I have no issue with it at all despite joining the chorus of hate when the first pics appeared.

Q2 or q3 2023 at the earliest I’d say. Unless you have a deposit paid already

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    What lead time was he given? Was talking the other week to Vertu about an M4 and they said 16 to 18 months unless I took the show car in Oct that had had about 15,000 sweaty bodies clambered over it at the shows.

They start the production in November and first cars should be delivered in January. My friends car was promised for Q1/23.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Really loving that interior, great choice. Put my deposit for a build slot on the i X1 today it’s going to be a long wait it’s not launched till Nov
    Last edited by hilly10; 23rd June 2022 at 19:07.

Jusr seen this (and a few other amazing new cars) at the Goodwood Festival of Speed today. The weather wasn't so great this morning, so they weren't really pushing this up the hill, but on this afternoon's run it looked very impressive

However, the new McLaren Artura looked and sounded Stunning. One to look out for if you are a fan

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    That front end is hideous.

It’s very colour sensitive but certainly divisive.

To be fair I’d buy a used Mercedes Benz E63S AMG 4-matic estate at c. £60k (with 612ps) before the new M3 Competition Touring at c. £90k

Craftsman
    I had a look today, the front end has grown on me (unlike the Grenadier) and with its broad arches it has real presence. However for a 60 something with duff hip, the seats are no good for me. Much to the annoyance of a young German who’d decided he owned the car and wanted to take pictures with the doors closed as I tried to get out, his fits of anger (closing the door on me) made it more amusing.

The Alpina on the Sytner stand was subdued and more appealing, but I’m probably not the target audience.

Master
    I've had 2 x M3 (E36 Evo and one of the last E92s). I've had 3 x Alpina (E46 B3 3.3, E39 B10 3.3 and E90 D3). There is I think much less difference between Alpina and M these days but hanker after another Alpina. Probably adds northing to the debate!!

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post

You may not, but I would disagree that the front works in person. I still looks ridiculous to my eyes and many others.

I like the idea (if not the price) of an M3 estate, but wouldn't buy one that looks like that at any likely price.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    You may not, but I would disagree that the front works in person. I still looks ridiculous to my eyes and many others.

I like the idea (if not the price) of an M3 estate, but wouldn't buy one that looks like that at any likely price.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    This is exactly my view.

Such a shame but that front and even back end just ruins what is such a capable car when in the driving seat.

I think that the f82 m4 comp cs is quite a desirable road to go down without the in your face tech but with a superbly responsive engine and great chassis