closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A question for you commuters with laptops….

A question for you commuters with laptops….

We are going to Greece next week and I need it to be a bit of a “working holiday”, I need to take my MacBook Air with me along with the charger, an iPad etc.

I’m looking for a relatively cheap backpack to house the above so as to take on as hand luggage?

Amazon has too many to pick from and I know a lot of you will have experience in this (hopefully!).

Thanks

I really like Dell backpacks and have two. I don’t have this specific version but it’s very cheap and has lots of good reviews.

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/dell...carrying-cases

I have a decent sleeve and then am happy with the laptop in any bag really. I usually use a messenger bag.

My sleeve is Acme Made I have surface pro but sure they will do them for Apple.

Why not use a mac book case in a 'normal' rucksack or messenger bag?

EDIT: Same idea above beat me to it.

Thirds on a sleeve and then any backpack

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Cracking idea, but what backpack that’s small and carry on friendly? The Air is only 11”?

Master
    I use a small millican rucksack, it is perfect for travel - Alas their website is down for a refresh so cannot link

Which air line? It's best to check their specific dimensions for carry on luggage.

Master
    If you’re taking a carry on bag anyway, then a sleeve for the MacBook to then put into the main bag would be a good option. Same for the iPad. You then don’t need a bag for the charger etc.

In the past I’ve used a RIUT bag for exactly the same purpose.

Craftsman
    I do the same as the others have mentioned, regular Deuter back pack and case for the laptop. Works fine for me and never has an issue regarding size.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I have a decent sleeve and then am happy with the laptop in any bag really. I usually use a messenger bag.

My sleeve is Acme Made I have surface pro but sure they will do them for Apple.
    This. A protective sleeve (I use a semi-hard Thule) means you can use any suitably sized bag, including a suitcase if you're limited. I've not really got on with any dedicated laptop bags for travel due to their understandable design focus being the laptop. When you change your laptop, you may not then want a bag tailored to your existing machine anyway, so a sleeve is a good method.

I have found this brand to be very good. They are also sold on Amazon.

https://www.tomtoc.com/collections/m...laptop-sleeves

Thanks for all your input, I’ve ended up going for a Knomo which is annoying as I only recently sold one as I never thought I’d use it again!

Seriously, who’d run their own business…….