closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: International Removals - UK to Australia

Master

International Removals - UK to Australia

Hi all,

We are looking to up sticks and spend some time in Australia at the end of the year, therefore am looking for recommendations for companies to handle a domestic house removal and shipping service from the UK to Australia.
    Apart from the usual internet searching am not sure where to start with this, therefore if anyone has been through a similar process, or can recommend any reputable companies to quote for this, then happy to get any advice.

Thanks in advance
    Ant

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if this applies to you - I suppose it depends how many "things" you have and how attached you are to them - but my friend moved there 8 years ago he simply sold up everything in the house he could.

Every family member had two removal-size boxes that were shipped by sea for sentimental/irreplaceable items and they moved there with suitcases only because by the time they'd paid for container shipping and waited weeks for it all to arrive it was simply easier to do it that way and buy new when they got there.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would think it would not be cost effective anymore seeing how much shipping storage containers have increased in the last two years.

Hilly may be correct, I imagine the cost has increased several times over since we moved from Oz to the UK in 2012.

I am a bit vague on the cost, but it was around A$12k for a 40ft container including packing & unpacking, plus passage for our dog and all that involved. The same going the other way now feels like it would be £20k+. Grace did the packing and export in Oz and it was handled at this end by Shore Porters in Aberdeen, so I can't really offer my advice on who to consider using.

Have you got any firms coming to quote as I would be interested to hear how you get on?

Do you really want to take your UK stuff to Oz?

Personally, I’d sell as much as possible over here and buy as much secondhand or vintage stuff over there when I got there.