closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any experience of the Honda NC750x?

Master

Any experience of the Honda NC750x?

My beautiful little Vespa GTS 300 was written off a few months ago. At the time I was thinking I was wanting another actual motorbike just that scooters are so convenient for the commute and around town. I have a Honda ADV 350 scooter on order but waits are crazy and may not get it for many months.

I am off to see a nice looking NC750X next week, private sale, 2019, 3k on the clock, looks mint - 5.5k with a few extras like top box, hand guards

Seems like it might be a good balance between convenience of a scooter (it has a storage trunk where the petrol tank would usually be) and a bit more power of a proper bike for when I need to take it on the dual carriageway (fairly often). Plus it is available now!

Any experience of them? I know they can be thought of as a bit dull but I am no speed daemon!

No direct experience but they’re meant to be very good for economy. The engine is half of the engine from a Honda Jazz. I wouldn’t expect thrills but if you’re doing high mileage it should be economical.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Economic, but still soulless to ride.

Master
    A lad I ride with has one of these , the dct. He had the 700 before and upgraded to the 750. He also has a DCT Africa twin and up until recently a 1250GS.

In his words the 750 is one of the most practical do it all bikes he has ever owned. He uses it in preference to its bigger brothers and does lots of European touring. There is storage everywhere under the seat and as you say the tank.

On a recent ride out my F700gs was doing 65/67 mpg which I thought was impressive, his 750 was doing 92!

I've ridden the XAdv, which is the NC with scooter bodywork. Lots of torque, low-revving, sips fuel and I thought the engine worked well with the DCT gearbox.
    Great for commuting and around town.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    I have the DCT version - love it and if you are not technophobe you can do remarkable stuff with the DCT box.

Handles well, Reliability and Economy great. Storage is good.

People call them boring but often those are the people that have never ridden one properly.

I have a sportsbike but the Honda gets used the most.

That price sounds about right.

B

Master
    Great courier bike.

Master
    I bought it, it is a great bike. I think the people that say it is boring or whatever are just wanting a different bike. It isn't a weekend toy sort of bike obviously. It is comfy, faster than 90% of the traffic on the road, ridiculously easy to ride (even without the DCT), filters through traffic very well, reports suggest great reliability, low down torque for my use is probably more usable than max power at 9000 revs like more "exciting" bikes. Vast majority of the riding on this bike will be commuting with the odd little adventure so for now it is kind of perfect!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    I bought it, it is a great bike. I think the people that say it is boring or whatever are just wanting a different bike. It isn't a weekend toy sort of bike obviously. It is comfy, faster than 90% of the traffic on the road, ridiculously easy to ride (even without the DCT), filters through traffic very well, reports suggest great reliability, low down torque for my use is probably more usable than max power at 9000 revs like more "exciting" bikes. Vast majority of the riding on this bike will be commuting with the odd little adventure so for now it is kind of perfect!

Congrats................you won't regret it I am sure.

S1 with the paddles is my main mode.

B

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Congrats................you won't regret it I am sure.

S1 with the paddles is my main mode.

B
    Brian I think he has gone for a manual :)

Master

Scooters

As someone that through necessity has just got into scooters… I can’t get over how much fun they are, and how practical…

My little Forza 350. Does 90 mph, 90mpg and is fantastic for just nipping around on…

The new TMax is another level of comfort and tech, only had it a week and I’ve done 600 miles so it’s going in for its first service tomorrow

I still love the Ducati XDiavel, but if my leg doesn’t get much better I can seee that being traded for a Forza 750…😎

Master
    Agreed! That is why I originally had the ADV350 on order, it is basically a Forza 350 but with better suspension (very useful on shitty Devon roads and lanes!). The wait time is just horrendous. When I get a house with a garage it will certainly have a scooter and a motorbike in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    As someone that through necessity has just got into scooters… I can’t get over how much fun they are, and how practical…

My little Forza 350. Does 90 mph, 90mpg and is fantastic for just nipping around on…

The new TMax is another level of comfort and tech, only had it a week and I’ve done 600 miles so it’s going in for its first service tomorrow

I still love the Ducati XDiavel, but if my leg doesn’t get much better I can seee that being traded for a Forza 750…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Brian I think he has gone for a manual :)
    Whatever !!my mistake :-)

B

If your priority from a bike is to be as reliable, drama-free, and predictable as possible, the Honda NC is the bike for you. There's a good reason it is the courier and insurer's courtesy bike of choice. I'd go as far as to recommend it as the best starter bike, bar none.

As others have mentioned it is a little gutless compared to other street-type 750 bikes but its by no means a slouch. I had one when my bike was being repaired some years ago and it was fun in the London commute.

Master

Pretty sure I saw you and your TMax at Broxton last Sunday?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Pretty sure I saw you and your TMax at Broxton last Sunday?
    Yep… that was me👍 Was on my way to J&S to get a Cardo device so I can hear the Satnav 😎

How are you liking the tiger??

Master
    Yep… that was me Was on my way to J&S to get a Cardo device so I can hear the Satnav 

How are you liking the tiger??
    Loving it. Just back from a quick trip up to Scotland.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Loving it. Just back from a quick trip up to Scotland.
    Nice one👍