closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch authentication service, London

Master

Watch authentication service, London

Any recommendations for a place that will look over and authticate on a private sale?

I think the default approach is perhaps to go into an authorised dealer, such as WOS but I am not convinced their staff have the expertise necessary to spot a high end fake.

Came across this on Google, but any experience of them or similar would be appreciated.

https://prestigevaluations.com/watch...on-service.asp

Many thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Any recommendations for a place that will look over and authticate on a private sale?

I think the default approach is perhaps to go into an authorised dealer, such as WOS but I am not convinced their staff have the expertise necessary to spot a high end fake.
    Indeed, I don't think I would trust most ADs to spot a good fake. They are watch resellers, not necessarily watch experts.

This probably isn't much use for a private sale but if you want to get a watch you own authenticated it occurs to me that you could sell it to yourself (well, a trustworthy friend) on eBay using one of the 80% off fees (or £1 fees) deals. Since you can control the price this way you can even control how much you have to pay for the authentication.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Indeed, I don't think I would trust most ADs to spot a good fake. They are watch resellers, not necessarily watch experts.

This probably isn't much use for a private sale but if you want to get a watch you own authenticated it occurs to me that you could sell it to yourself (well, a trustworthy friend) on eBay using one of the 80% off fees (or £1 fees) deals. Since you can control the price this way you can even control how much you have to pay for the authentication.
    Lol. Rather clever. Do the eBay authenticators also provide paperwork?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Sorry no recommendations from me as I’ve never used one before, however I certainly would not trust an AD, as I don’t believe that is their skill set.

I would probably look at someone towards Hatton Garden or the likes, someone who either sells or repairs watches similar to the one you are looking to authenticate.

Craftsman
    That said, The Watch Polisher in London, while inspecting a watch confirmed to me the watch was original and unpolished…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Lol. Rather clever. Do the eBay authenticators also provide paperwork?
    Yes, or the modern equivalent: I understand that they issue a NFC-enabled card.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Yes, or the modern equivalent: I understand that they issue a NFC-enabled card.
    Ta. Worth keeping in mind. :-)

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    ADs dont offer an authentication service