closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sending a watch to Switzerland.

Master

Sending a watch to Switzerland.

Just wondering if anybody has sent a watch to Switzerland (or similar) and which courier they used. Not an expensive one so only needs insured for £350 but want it tracked. Did look at Royal Mail but could only find insurance up to £270.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Just wondering if anybody has sent a watch to Switzerland (or similar) and which courier they used. Not an expensive one so only needs insured for £350 but want it tracked. Did look at Royal Mail but could only find insurance up to £270.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Secursus are useful, RM do the tracking, Secursus do the insuring.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Secursus are useful, RM do the tracking, Secursus do the insuring.
    Doh, of course. Thinking about it I've used them in the past😳

Strangely, last 2 times of sending sub£500 watches, the local PO seemed not to know watches were excluded from their policy, I pointed it out on both occasions to different staff members, they were unaware of the caveat, so, one might have a case but Secursus costs are reasonable.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Strangely, last 2 times of sending sub£500 watches, the local PO seemed not to know watches were excluded from their policy, I pointed it out on both occasions to different staff members, they were unaware of the caveat, so, one might have a case
    Yes, my experience also is that Post Office staff often don't know or don't remember the details of what is covered where.

To the best of my knowledge watches are included up to £250 on RM 'International Tracked & Signed' (but it might be destination-dependent) but not at all on any Parcelforce services (domestic or international). I've had Post Office staff recommend Parcelforce for international shipment of watches with insurance. :-(