closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Calibre 3130 Movement Rattle

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Just to update the post.

I spoke to the dealer today and the issue has been diagnosed as a misaligned hairspring. The part will be replaced under warranty plus they will also carry out a full movement service on the watch.
    A misaligned hairspring does not make a rattling noise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by me32dc View Post
    A misaligned hairspring does not make a rattling noise.
    Doesn't really matter (or shouldn't matter). If the watch is going to be competently serviced then the rotor issue should be sorted out anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Doesn't really matter (or shouldn't matter). If the watch is going to be competently serviced then the rotor issue should be sorted out anyway...
    As you say it doesn’t really matter now as the watch is having a full service plus there was a tiny pin prick chip on the crystal and that’s also being replaced. I have had it confined that only genuine Rolex parts will be used as well.

I can’t complain at all with the after sales support.

Grand Master

Far too charitable. To be brutally honest the dealer sold you a watch that had a fault and I find it hard to believe the seller didn't know this. You then get fobbed off with a totally implausible explanation (hairspring....) which is an insult. How you can still remain positive regarding the seller is beyond me, he’s sold you a dodgy watch then lied to you!

Sadly, many dealers try to make maximum profit on every watch, they’ll give a warranty and hope nothing goes wrong, they do the bare minimum to service and prepare a watch for sale. It’s unfair to tar then all with the same brush, there are exceptions, but as a generalisation this is correct.

I hope this turns out well, my advice is to get this watch checked thoroughly by a reputable third party when it’s returned.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    As you say it doesn’t really matter now as the watch is having a full service plus there was a tiny pin prick chip on the crystal and that’s also being replaced. I have had it confined that only genuine Rolex parts will be used as well.

Are they a Rolex approved service agent?
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Are they a Rolex approved service agent?
    Its WF so no but they have advised for Rolex repairs/ services they use a accredited Rolex watch repairer.

I do remember a few years ago while in Russell Talerman there was a big box of watches on the bench marked “Watchfinder” so it could be them.