closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lords Twenty20

Lords Twenty20

All,

I’m looking to take my Dad to Lords for the Twenty20 next Sunday. This would be for his birthday in the week, he’s 82 not out!

A few questions as I’ve never been.

Is it best to get tickets from their website or can you recommend other reputable / preferred sources.

Also, is it pretty accessible to get around once inside, he has a bit of a knee and leg issue and has to use a stick on occasions. I can help him up and down steps. But good to know any areas to avoid or routes that may be easier for him to navigate.

Best,

Ben

Master
    Hi

Depends on the game as to where you buy the tickets, but if you can get them from the Lords website then go for it. You could also try the ECB site, Ticketmaster etc - will partly depend on who is playing etc.

In terms of access, Lords is pretty good. The staircases are pretty wide and the stewards are normally quite useful in terms of getting to your seat.

They split all the spectators according to which stand/area they’re in so you just walk round till you get to your staircase.

Maybe your dad may benefit from having a seat near the top of one of the staircases so he doesn’t have to walk down and get past many other people?

What are you going to see?

Happy Birthday to your dad too!

Master
    If I remember correctly if you go through the Lord's website you can pick your seat so you can find a pair at low level and close to the aisle so you don't have to negotiate too many stairs. Not sure if that is possible with the other sites you mentioned.

It could be worthwhile seeing if there is a number to call and explain the situation with your father. They may then be able to explain what options are available to you.

The only match that tends to sell out is Middlesex v Surrey but I would still book ASAP.

Hello

Many thanks for the responses.

We are off to see Middlesex vs Kent Spitfires.

Best,

Ben

I remember it being a bit of a hike from the tube stop for my old Mum and we were sat in shadow and cold most of the day despite it being sunny.

But I guess you can check this out before hand for your Dad.

Have been a few other times and it's been great, so I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Have a great time mate, book now

I tried getting tickets for Sophia gardens in Cardiff, looked a few months before and it was sold out.

Nice exciting format is twenty20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a day at Trent Bridge today. YJB take a bow!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    What a day at Trent Bridge today. YJB take a bow!

Were you there? Watched on tv and what a great batting display by England.

I was there, but on Friday, with NZ giving us the run around and about 4 dropped catches!

Tried to get tickets for Tuesday but timed out in the online queue.

Hello

Good evening all,

We had a fantastic day, no issues getting there and no real accessibility issues. Seats were fantastic, the Old Man had a great time. Which was the main thing!

Best,

Ben

Sounds great, weather was kind in the end