closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Self Driving "Safety"?

Master

Self Driving "Safety"?

Designed by computers and driven by who exactly?

https://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/thre...ra-care.66852/

Master
    Well, it should be driven by the same person as most cars, ie the driver.

Self driving cars aren’t a thing outside of test programmes, all the stuff on that EV6 were ‘driver aids’.

As the aircraft human factors course I have to regularly attend always starts with, “I’m going to kill you, and you’re going to let me”.

This applies to all assistance systems, if you’re not paying attention or letting them lead you into a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Well, it should be driven by the same person as most cars, ie the driver.

Self driving cars aren’t a thing outside of test programmes, all the stuff on that EV6 were ‘driver aids’.

As the aircraft human factors course I have to regularly attend always starts with, “I’m going to kill you, and you’re going to let me”.

This applies to all assistance systems, if you’re not paying attention or letting them lead you into a false sense of security.
    This in a nutshell.

The systems are fitted as an assistance and not as a replacement for the driver, id bet if you read the owner manual cover to cover it would tell you that.

Master
    Bugger that, if I’m in the drivers seat I’m in charge, no automated systems for me, we have a Seat and in the latest models it can decide it is a lhd, intelligent? cruise car will not overtake, brakes on hard regardless of speed or following traffic, technology! you can keep it.

Master
    It doesn't take much movement of the steering wheel to move out of a lane and into a vehicle in adjoining lane on a motorway.

"I was holding the steering wheel as normal and jiggling it around when instructed. It had just asked if it could increase its speed. I pressed OK and we started pulling away following the vehicle in front. We passed 1 HGV, then another and then was alongside a 3rd when the vehicle in front cleared the HGV and moved into the 3rd lane. It was at this point that my EV6 veered off to the left. I didn't notice the steering wheel even move and before I knew it we had faceplanted its rear wheels."

You can bet your life (maybe even literally) that the manufacturer will blame the driver. I've also heard of steering "shakes" when passing cyclists on small country lanes, due to the steering "assist"!

Definitely not for me. Keep things simple and let me drive the car.