closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Import Fees from Amazon purchase.

Craftsman

Import Fees from Amazon purchase.

I purchased a watch from Amazon (reseller) that seamed to be a good price. Usually from Amazon I expect the price paid is the final price.

However, I received a letter from parcel force stating the watch was held at customs and I need to pay £45.29 import duties from Germany.

This has taken me by surprise and very annoying. I had no idea it was coming from Germany. The watch was around £200.

I do not intend to pay as now it’s not such a good deal. I plan on getting a refund.

Just a heads up for people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but only Amazon make you pay a deposit for expected taxes and they make it clear in the checkout where they list the price / vat / postage charges etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    I might be wrong but only Amazon make you pay a deposit for expected taxes and they make it clear in the checkout where they list the price / vat / postage charges etc.....
    That’s when transacting with Amazon directly I think. If it’s a third party seller then it’s much less clear cut.

Personally I’d just open an A to Z case and get a full refund. Amazon always come down in the buyer’s favour. While frustrating, you should get a full refund!

Can you share a link to the product you purchased?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Can you share a link to the product you purchased?
    It was GShock gw5000. The seller I bought from is no longer listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    It was GShock gw5000. The seller I bought from is no longer listed.

Sounds like a marketplace transaction then, as opposed to bought through Amazon direct, so not surprised about the import fees in that context.

Conversely, I've been browsing watches from the UK on eBay the last few weeks and the import duty (to Ireland) really makes a big difference in whether it's worth bidding for stuff at all.

Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    That’s when transacting with Amazon directly I think. If it’s a third party seller then it’s much less clear cut.

Personally I’d just open an A to Z case and get a full refund. Amazon always come down in the buyer’s favour. While frustrating, you should get a full refund!
    This.

Frustrating, but easy fix I think.

Same happened to me on eBay - seller shows as UK but goods came from India and I paid the same price as the item in import duties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Did you buy from the Amazon UK platform or Amazon DE?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Did you buy from the Amazon UK platform or Amazon DE?
    Amazon UK. I had the watch in my wish list. I noticed the price drop message and bought it straight away.