The "Top 10 Seiko's of all time" thread inspired me to take a couple of photos of a watch I've been wearing for the last 10 days, and I thought I'd share them here. I've no real reason for doing so other than I thought they might be of some small interest to some people here.

This is my Seiko 6159-7010. I bought it via Sales Corner here back in the days when decent vintage watches could be bought without re-mortgaging the family home, and it is one that you'll have to prise from my cold, dead hands, when that time comes. Over the years I've sold off the bulk of my collection, but this one has always been a firm favourite and is not going anywhere.

My watch is dated to April 1976, so a little shy of 50 years old, but still keeps excellent time. It's a bit battered (aren't we all at this age), so close up photographs maybe aren't the best idea (?), but I feel that's part of it's beauty. I gave the watch a full wind and set it when I put it on 10 days ago, and over that 10 day period it had gained 6 seconds. That's accurate enough for me!

Although my watch dates to April 1976, Seiko introduced the 6159-7010 the previous year. It was the first watch with a titanium case and the first watch with a ceramic coated titanium shroud, and the monoblock case housed Seiko's hi-beat 36,000 bph auto movement.

and if anyone is interested to read a little more, Duncan wrote a blog post about it when he serviced it for me back in 2015 - you can read that here https://thewatchbloke.co.uk/2015/08/...can/#more-3689 . If anyone gets to the end of that post and are interested, yes, I did eventually manage to find a NOS
6159b auto framework