closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,750 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Master
    Would be real strange not having Everton in the top flight but I think that’s a very strong possibility the way things are looking across the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good win for Arsenal and 4-0 looks like a spanking however at 0-0 Everton were the better side.

We need to smash Bournemouth 6-0 or so to claw back goal difference to city - IMHO it is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I’ve said for a few seasons now that Iwobi is the worst player in the EPL and yet again he’s been abysmal tonight. If Everton didn’t have Pickford they’d be down already.
    I thought he looked one of Everton's better players last night...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ooo three points for us. Made hard work of it but Nunes looked a handful

Really? He runs around a lot but mainly down blind alleys and into places where he ultimately loses possession. He played a pass across midfield last night that should have been a five yard pass inside the centre circle and it went out for a throw. Absolutely dreadful. Stealing a living.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I thought he looked one of Everton's better players last night...

Craftsman
    Iwobi is far from worst in the league. Lampard didn't do much right, but he did figure out Iwobi is best suited to central midfield. Playing there this season he has 6 goal contributions (more than any other Everton player) and the highest tackles per game in the squad from players with over 2000 mins played. Being shifted back out wide exacerbates his worst qualities and negates his best.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Really? He runs around a lot but mainly down blind alleys and into places where he ultimately loses possession. He played a pass across midfield last night that should have been a five yard pass inside the centre circle and it went out for a throw. Absolutely dreadful. Stealing a living.
    Saying he was one of Everton's best players isn't saying a lot of course...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Good win for Arsenal and 4-0 looks like a spanking however at 0-0 Everton were the better side.

We need to smash Bournemouth 6-0 or so to claw back goal difference to city - IMHO it is doable.
    Everton first feigned head injury took 13 seconds and every time the #8 lost the ball and we were countering he'd be rolling around holding his face, I recall at least three lots of "treatment" none of it on his head/ face/ make up and Prickford was up to usual time wasting standard. I think the break up in play actually ruined their own rhythm, plus Jorginho was not at the races (taken off at half-time as not well) giving possession repeatedly didn't help. Zin always has at least a couple blips per match, which given most of the play comes out via him probably isn't surprising but when he does we are really open at the back.

Saka first goal was a cracker, and mugging the defender and setting up Martinelli for a crisp finish was a great way to go to half time. Partey coming on made a hell of difference, he's like an extra bank of midfielders with his reading the game to win the ball back and understanding with the rest of the squad for the forward movement is just superb- feels like he lifts the squad to another level. Trossard has been a good signing so far, and Eddie looked sharp just that clinical finish to come back and he'd be devastating.

One for your pub quiz:
    Arsenal became the first team in English league history to register 100 victories against a specific opponent.

Other than their blip v Man City Bournemouth seemed to have found a bit of form v Wolves and Toon, so need start like the second half and try and get ahead early, so I predict another ponderous start...and a come back from 1 down...

Man City have the early ko v Toon, be interesting to see if Toons slight wobble is over but I don't think they'll take any points off City at home, so we need to score at least 7 v Bournemouth...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Resigned myself for the drop now. What the board have done to Everton FC is criminal. A Premiership club that cannot muster a striker deserve to be relegated.

Everton hoped and prayed for a mega rich owner to take over the club and kick on up. Be careful what you wish for
    Last edited by hilly10; 2nd March 2023 at 14:52.

City away feels like a free hit for us at the weekend. I’d like to see Isak, Gordon, Targett and Almiron start and just have a tear-up with them.

Conte up for Manager of the Month!! The best they’ve been all season has been when he’s not been there FFS.

City away feels like a free hit for us at the weekend. I’d like to see Isak, Gordon, Targett and Almiron start and just have a tear-up with them.
    I like it .
    We start with Foden, Grealish , KdB, Alvarez and Haaland .
    11-6 to City.

Let’s do it!

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I like it .
    We start with Foden, Grealish , KdB, Alvarez and Haaland .
    11-6 to City.

Let’s do it!
    0-0 incoming

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bobby to leave Anfield this summer. Makes me sad but we do have options at the front.

Wonderful servant to the club, a big part of the system though.

Master
    I think it’s crazy. To bring in anyone it’s going to be at least 30m just for an average squad striker.

In the summer we have Firmino, keita, Adrian and Oxlaide all leaving on free transfers.

We are bringing in Bellingham but we still need to replace these players. Our outlay is going to have to be 200m in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

We are bringing in Bellingham

Master
    I do love the scousers optimism on here :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    I do love the scousers optimism on here :)

He ain’t a Scouser if he supports Liverpool

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    He ain’t a Scouser if he supports Liverpool
    The bindippers then as they are known (that is only banter by the way)

It was more to do with how quick they all comment on social when things were going well, and now with the demise they all dissapear only to come out with comments like bellingham is in the bag :)

Football fans and opinions do make me laugh I question the sanity and understanding of footabll fans especially reading this thread does make me chuckle

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    The bindippers then as they are known (that is only banter by the way)

It was more to do with how quick they all comment on social when things were going well, and now with the demise they all dissapear only to come out with comments like bellingham is in the bag :)

Football fans and opinions do make me laugh I question the sanity and understanding of footabll fans especially reading this thread does make me chuckle
    bit like your hubris now after a league cup win

Liverpool fans are 100% sure they’ve got Bellingham. I’d love to see him go elsewhere. How about this for a free transfer:

Master
    Bellingham had agreed terms with Liverpool last year, there’s also an agreement in principle for the fee with Dortmund.

Only issue is if we now don’t get champions league football this season and this has a sway on it as it obviously wouldn’t have been contemplated last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Bobby to leave Anfield this summer. Makes me sad but we do have options at the front.

Wonderful servant to the club, a big part of the system though.
    Yep.
    A very good player and professional for your lot.
    He also had an amazing number of aftershaves and beauty products in his locker area at the training ground .

Master
    Liverpool fans are 100% sure they’ve got Bellingham. I’d love to see him go elsewhere. How about this for a free transfer:

I’d snap him right up if I was Newcastle. He a different type of striker to most but very effective. An absolute no brainer on a free.

I completely agree. Class.

I’d snap him right up if I was Newcastle. He a different type of striker to most but very effective. An absolute no brainer on a free.

Master

Why would you love to see Bellingham go elsewhere? Or you just don't like Liverpool? Firminho would be class at Newcastle but I'd guess he will leave England

Bellingham had agreed terms with Liverpool last year, there’s also an agreement in principle for the fee with Dortmund.

Only issue is if we now don’t get champions league football this season and this has a sway on it as it obviously wouldn’t have been contemplated last year.

I do admire your optimism.
    Bellingham is only going to Liverpool when his new team go away to Anfield .

I don't dislike Liverpool as such. My BIL and his family are uber-annoying Reds with this attitude of 'best fans, best club, best players, best city in the werrlllddd'.

"Sadio Mane, he's the best player in the werrlllddd'.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Why would you love to see Bellingham go elsewhere? Or you just don't like Liverpool? Firminho would be class at Newcastle but I'd guess he will leave England

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sadio was unplayable on top form

I just think Bellingham could go to any club including the absolute top top clubs. Liverpool are a big prestigious side but aren't quite at that top top level like Real Madrid. I would have said Man City also but only on a financial level and they'll get battered by the FA in due course so I guess there's probably no bigger team in England than Liverpool now (apart from maybe Man Utd). I think financially it would be a stretch also for Liverpool.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 3rd March 2023 at 20:30.

I think if Liverpool do get him it'll cost them everything they've got. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would choose Liverpool over Madrid.

I just think Bellingham could go to any club including the absolute top top clubs. Liverpool are a big prestigious side but aren't quite at that top top level like Real Madrid. I would have said Man City also but only on a financial level and they'll get battered by the FA in due course so I guess there's probably no bigger team in England than Liverpool now (apart from maybe Man Utd). I think financially it would be a stretch also for Liverpool.

Blog Entries
    Sadio was out of control on too many occasions
    FTFY

z

City are not getting done on any level by the FA, the PL, UEFA, FIFA , the BBC or anybody else .
    I was going to use TZ-UK as well but that kangaroo court has already passed sentence .

Master
    I do admire your optimism.
    Bellingham is only going to Liverpool when his new team go away to Anfield .
    It’s not optimism mate, it’s facts. It’s not Liverpool forum garbage it was all agreed last year when I said. This is from the people that actually conclude the deals for Liverpool not just daft forum chat.

I think if Liverpool do get him it'll cost them everything they've got. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would choose Liverpool over Madrid.
    Have you been to Madrid ?

What happened to players wanting to play for the team you support,not everyone is a gold digger.
    He could probably do 5-6 years at Liverpool and then go to Madrid

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I never thought about money. My comment was about the city, the culture, the weather and the club itself. Madrid all day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    What happened to players wanting to play for the team you support,not everyone is a gold digger.

It’s not optimism mate, it’s facts. It’s not Liverpool forum garbage it was all agreed last year when I said. This is from the people that actually conclude the deals for Liverpool not just daft forum chat.

In that case , I’m pleased for you .
    I’ve heard from my end , by the same fella who gave us Grealish and Haaland , that City are in the box seat . Gvardiol and De Jong are also on the radar . But . Kovacic is a very possible back up .
    I don’t get the hype of signing players many months beforehand but I get that it’s an elixir to some .

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post

Seriously?
    Name one in the Premier League who does it for the love of the club over the love of the money .
    There’s not a footballer out there who would prefer to stay at the team he loves versus the money on offer elsewhere

Master
    City are not getting done on any level by the FA, the PL, UEFA, FIFA , the BBC or anybody else .
    I was going to use TZ-UK as well but that kangaroo court has already passed sentence .
    Whereas despite the ongoing investigation you have assumed they will be cleared, I admire your optimism, I doubt city will be signing anyone in the summer.

Whereas despite the ongoing investigation you have assumed they will be cleared, I admire your optimism, I doubt city will be signing anyone in the summer.
    I’ll play.
    Let me ask you this . What do you think City have been charged with and what makes you so sure the club will be found guilty ?
    No playground fanboy antics . Hard and fast truths please .

If I was Jude, Id much prefer to play with Haaland, Foden, Grealish, KDB etc etc than who, Salah and Trent?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I never thought about money. My comment was about the city, the culture, the weather and the club itself. Madrid all day for me.
    The Prem and its money has a massive pull though. I doubt Trippier moved from Madrid to Newcastle for the city, the culture and the weather ;-)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Seriously?
    Name one in the Premier League who does it for the love of the club over the love of the money .
    There’s not a footballer out there who would prefer to stay at the team he loves versus the money on offer elsewhere
    Kane, Noble,Gerard. Pickford maybe?

Kane, Noble,Gerard. Pickford maybe?
    Kane and Gerrard both wanted out . Pickford was a Sunderland lad , no ?
    I’ll give you Noble , but was he ever wanted elsewhere?
    Giggs , Neville and Scholes maybe , but again, they were well paid and also at the best club in the country at the time too
    I do love the thought of someone playing for their boyhood clubs but the wages elsewhere will be a bigger pull .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gerard stayed, I have a feeling Kane might too.

Master
    I’ll play.
    Let me ask you this . What do you think City have been charged with and what makes you so sure the club will be found guilty ?
    No playground fanboy antics . Hard and fast truths please .
    I don't think anything, the list of charges has been published, inaccurate financial information is what they all boil down to, with some specifics around mancini and some players contracts. The sponsorship revenue is fundamental to the inaccurate financial information. I'm sure they will be found guilty as I have always believed they were circumventing the financial fair play rules with fabricated sponsorship and other practices.
    Last edited by cyrusir; 4th March 2023 at 12:41.

Liverpool need an influx of new blood and motivation so HAVE to get top CL next season to attract those players plus FSG need to spend BIG, both the CL and FSG spending are not guaranteed.

Like Arsenal of the 90's/2000's Wenger or the club didn't act fast enough to keep the team fresh but at least they kept the CL place to attract players if needed.

No CL and there is a massive over paying tax to attract players, MU have had to suck up these fees for the last few years and I suppose its just part and parcel of landing or not landing that top 4.

BIG game tomorrow, MU have had a lot of full on games in a short amount of time and LP will up their form for this game so hard to call this one..

Master
    Gerard stayed, I have a feeling Kane might too.
    Was there not some Liverpool gangster stuff involved with Stevie G staying?