closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Shouldn’t be throwin* names out , sources or not .
    I am not saying he is a rapist but don’t see the issue with saying he has been arrested on suspicion of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I am not saying he is a rapist but don’t see the issue with saying he has been arrested on suspicion of.

There’s a reason his name is being kept out of the media .
    But, hey ho eh ?

Master
    There’s a reason his name is being kept out of the media .
    But, hey ho eh ?
    Can’t say I understand your viewpoint but out of respect for you edited original post.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Shouldn’t be throwin* names out , sources or not .
    Agreed

Can’t say I understand your viewpoint but out of respect for you edited original post.

Last season , an Everton player was arrested and accused of something similar.
    Someone , probably with reliable sources, said it was Fabian Delph. The rumour gained strength and befor3 you knew it , he was convicted on social media. That’s my viewpoint .

Master
    Last season , an Everton player was arrested and accused of something similar.
    Someone , probably with reliable sources, said it was Fabian Delph. The rumour gained strength and befor3 you knew it , he was convicted on social media. That’s my viewpoint .
    Yes fair point. We should wait for confirmation and conviction before letting loose. My mistake accepted.

Ever since hearing the Greenwood recordings, it just makes my blood boil.

But quite correctly innocent until proven guilty should be adhered to.

Last edited by tango; 4th July 2022 at 21:30.

Anyways, back on to more important things .
    Jesus gone , Phillips in and signed for six years. Next up is Cucurella . Seems to be at £40 m plus an academy player. No idea yet but Brighton tried to take Macatee last season but him and Palmer are considered the Crown Jewels of the youngsters at City so I’d be amazed if he’s being offered.
    Still lots of talk of Raheem going to Chelsea , just need to agree personal terms . It seems he wanted a new improved contract from City , who were reluctant so maybe a move suits all parties. Still a great player who will be fondly remembered if/ when he leaves.
    Barcelona still have wild ideas of getting Bernardo Silva for a couple of pesetas and he will play for nothing .

Master
    Has Silva not expressed his intention to want a move to Barca?

Has Silva not expressed his intention to want a move to Barca?

I want a Ferrari but my offer of three bottle tops and a promise to promote them on my LinkedIn profile was given the same response as Barcelonas offer to City.

Master
    I want a Ferrari but my offer of three bottle tops and a promise to promote them on my LinkedIn profile was given the same response as Barcelonas offer to City.
    Yes I get that but Barca trying to get everyone on the cheap and they’ve picked wrong club for that to work I agree.

But to keep a player who doesn’t want to stay doesn’t bode well usually.

Well the alleged Arsenal rape perpetrator just turned up for a pre season friendly in Germany so it isn't him!

Rumours now that it is may be a Tottenham player.

Master
    Yes I saw that earlier and am very grateful to Goat for pulling me yesterday and making me see the error of my ways.

A great injustice by me, hands well and truly held up.

Master
    If it was a less public figure (assuming you see footballers like that) the papers would not be giving loads of little clues to start people on social media doing a whodunnit exercise. We don't get things like 29 year old male, works in a chip shop, arrested in Barnet. The workplace and occupation should probably not come into it.

Master
    The wife kindly decided to pick up a gift for me from a book stall.

All she saw was scousers and thought it would be the perfect gift for her Liverpool fan husband.

Are there any good fanzines still around?
    I secretly used to look forward to Red Issue and United We Stand as they had some good contributors .Some funny takes on City and Liverpool . Not so much now of course .

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Well the alleged Arsenal rape perpetrator just turned up for a pre season friendly in Germany so it isn't him!

Rumours now that it is may be a Tottenham player.
    We have three players aged 29, and I can’t see it being any of them. I hope not to be proved wrong, of course.

It was all over Facebook this morning that is was a 29 year old Arsenal player, that is always injured (wont name names on here), and that despite the tweet did not turn up for the tour abroad. The posts did receive some criticism for naming him in the comments.

Master
    Are there any good fanzines still around?
    I secretly used to look forward to Red Issue and United We Stand as they had some good contributors .Some funny takes on City and Liverpool . Not so much now of course .
    I know Barney the editor of red news, a great magazine who spouted a lot of truth especially when calling the glazers out and rightly so - they used to have a good relationship with the club and you would get some great intel in the mag and the forum but the club have very much cut ties in recent times (with them and supporters for that matter) and unfortunately the mag has really struggled in recent times along with multiple fanzines the internet has killed it

I will add one of the lads on there helped me greatly after I drew a blank writing to the club to help me (I was a season ticket holder at the time) when I requested some assistance to help my Dad achieve one of his last wishes before one of the lads well connectred shared my request and introduced me to Ashley Youngs agent

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...esture-2879429
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 6th July 2022 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    I know Barney the editor of red news, a great magazine who spouted a lot of truth especially when calling the glazers out and rightly so - they used to have a good relationship with the club and you would get some great intel in the mag and the forum but the club have very much cut ties in recent times (with them and supporters for that matter) and unfortunately the mag has really struggled in recent times along with multiple fanzines the internet has killed it

I will add one of the lads on there helped me greatly after I drew a blank writing to the club to help me (I was a season ticket holder at the time) when I requested some assistance to help my Dad achieve one of his last wishes before passing by introducing me to Ashley Youngs agent

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...esture-2879429
    Nice touch that Rob. Great story and kudos to Young for helping out . Nice to see your Dad got one of his last wishes mate.
    Yeah, I miss the fanzines . They always reminded me of VIZ but for football fans . The United ones always made me laugh because they would have a go at other clubs but weren’t afraid of taking on their own either.

Master
    Yes it was very good of him and allowed Dad one last trip - I’ll add SAF wrote a personal letter as well after I contacted his company after being directed via one of the lads on the forum

As you say good mags for like minded match going fans and a bit of humour to boot

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Yes it was very good of him and allowed Dad one last trip - I’ll add SAF wrote a personal letter as well after I contacted his company after being directed via one of the lads on the forum

As you say good mags for like minded match going fans and a bit of humour to boot

Couldn't stand him as a competitor but always admired his work ethos and discipline, a good old fashioned bloke. Nice touch by all involved for your father.

Master
    Sterling to Chelsea done, how do you feel about that Goat?

Blog Entries
    Fine. He’d improved under Pep & peaked at City. This season, his recent performances were below par IMHO. Maybe Premier league clubs have worked out how to defend against him & he hasn’t adapted so his threat is lessened. Anyhow, with Mahrez & the new incomings we should be able to cope without him.

z

If true , I will wish him only the best of luck.
    A true City stalwart for me , 130 ish goals in 300+ appearances. Scored some absolutely crucial goals which are generally overlooked. Scored last minute winners v Bournemouth , Southampton and Huddersfield to kickstart our 17/18 season and help make it the procession it was.
    Won 4 titles, 4 league cups, an FA Cup , in which he prominently featured in all and helped us reach th3 Chumps League later stages . I also recall the time he was racially abused and physically assaulted outside the academy and still played later that afternoon v Tottenham and scored twice .

He was the boo boy for most of the country after the Euros and was racially abused on a number of occasions . He was vilified in the press, wrongly, over a tattoo to cement his position as a boo boy target. Yet, he recovered from all of this to become one of Englands most undroppable players . I think his self belief and attitude have carried him lately .

I truly hope he does well . I’ll have nothing but good memories of him, even his one or two sitters he missed each season are little more than a footnote in his career at City.

I will also promise that he will never get booed by City fans .
    Last edited by thegoat; 6th July 2022 at 19:06.

Master
    A true City stalwart for me , 130 ish goals in 300+ appearances. Scored some absolutely crucial goals which are generally overlooked. Scored last minute winners v Bournemouth , Southampton and Huddersfield to kickstart our 17/18 season and help make it the procession it was.
    Won 4 titles, 4 league cups, an FA Cup , in which he prominently featured in all and helped us reach th3 Chumps League later stages . I also recall the time he was racially abused and physically assaulted outside the academy and still played later that afternoon v Tottenham and scored twice .

He was the boo boy for most of the country after the Euros and was racially abused on a number of occasions . He was vilified in the press, wrongly, over a tattoo to cement his position as a boo boy target. Yet, he recovered from all of this to become one of Englands most undroppable players . I think his self belief and attitude have carried him lately .

I truly hope he does well . I’ll have nothing but good memories of him, even his one or two sitters he missed each season are little more than a footnote in his career at City.

Crucial goals is an understatement. I feel he never really got the credit he deserved though equally he never became 100% polished. That said I think he is amongst the top players in this country and I also wish him the best. I know he left us but I have always rated him and admired his effort. Damn good addition to the Chelsea squad.

Craftsman

Brilliant assessment of Sterling. An elite player, brilliant acquisition for Chelsea, and one of many examples of players who have curbed their own individualism to bend to the genius of Pep. Will be interesting to see if he is 'unleashed' at Chelsea. As an Arsenal fan, hopefully not - but I can't help rooting for Sterling.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    Great signing for chelsea - always felt he gets a hard time from fans

Master
    Sterling at 27 for the reported sums is an absolutely stonking deal for chelsea, no one can accuse him of not fulfilling his early promise and i predict that he will be a success at chelsea in what should be his peak years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Sterling at 27 for the reported sums is an absolutely stonking deal for chelsea, no one can accuse him of not fulfilling his early promise and i predict that he will be a success at chelsea in what should be his peak years.
    Might finally win the CL too!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Might finally win the CL too!
    True, much better chance of it with new club.

Jesus had a sensational debut for Arsenal. He came on at half time with Arsenal 2-0 down away at FC Nuremberg, scored within 60 seconds, had another goal given as an own goal by the defender and then scored again. Both given goals were superb finishes and Arsenal won 5-3

Master
    Jesus had a sensational debut for Arsenal. He came on at half time with Arsenal 2-0 down away at FC Nuremberg, scored within 60 seconds, had another goal given as an own goal by the defender and then scored again. Both given goals were superb finishes and Arsenal won 5-3
    Rate him will do well at your club.

Jesus’ trial at Nuremberg ?
    That’ll be interesting?

Excellent
    Just had my two tickets confirmed for the Charity Shield . Wouldn’t normally bother but I’m excited for the start of the season this time .
    Just need to confirm what time Wolfie’s bar opens .

Master
    Leeds United agree deal with Barcelona for Raphinha.

Glad he's not ended up at another premiership club I rate him and wouldn't want to face an Arsenal or Chelsea with him on team sheet.
    Last edited by tango; 13th July 2022 at 14:50.

Master
    Mirrors my own thoughts on spurs

Perhaps the risk is that expectations might start to balloon beyond what might be realistic. The trappings are all in place: the shiny new stadium, the marquee head coach and Champions League football are all ready for the start of the new season. But when two of the three teams above you have run up more than 90 points six times between them in the last five seasons, the scale of the challenge of even getting close to catching them becomes painfully evident. Closing that gap is a huge challenge, and Spurs supporters may be happy with matching last season, not making fools of themselves in the Champions League, and having something approaching a proper crack at a domestic trophy. Progress doesn’t have to all come in one hit, even if the nature of the modern game tries to demand that it does.
    https://www.football365.com/news/opi...ackwards-steps

All very true, Spurs have a 0% chance of winning the PL, they need to go all in on the league cup and enjoy the champions league football.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    All very true, Spurs have a 0% chance of winning the PL, they need to go all in on the league cup and enjoy the champions league football.
    Good chance of winning a BAFTA though with Richarlison on board
    Last edited by thegreatdogwood; 13th July 2022 at 15:34.

agree with this. would be happy with CL qualification again, decent CL run, a trophy and of course finishing above Gooners

First bit of silverware on it’s way to Old Trafford courtesy of Utd pumping Liverpool 4-0 in Bangkok, the hotbed of support for these two magnificent teams .Bragging rights in the Biggest Game in The World Ever is not something to be sniffed at even if Jurgen did only make 376 substitutions .
    In other news . Adios Raheem , it’s been a blast sir . May you and Gabby enjoy life in that there London place and continue winning trophies .

Master
    Ha ha ha I am convinced Liverpool did that deliberately to make Fred and Martial look good to ensure they’re still at the club next year.

Chelsea are also signing Koulibaly, I know he’s not the youngest but will be a good addition I feel. Silva demonstrated age is but a number for them last year.

Looking forward to the new season.

Master
    Ha ha ha I am convinced Liverpool did that deliberately to make Fred and Martial look good to ensure they’re still at the club next year.

Chelsea are also signing Koulibaly, I know he’s not the youngest but will be a good addition I feel. Silva demonstrated age is but a number for them last year.

Looking forward to the new season.

chelsea will be interesting next year , sterling is a great signing and koulibaly should be too.

Master
    chelsea will be interesting next year , sterling is a great signing and koulibaly should be too.
    Easy to forget Sterling is only 27 still.

Thomas Partey has travelled with Arsenal on their pre-season tour to the US BTW

Master
    Thomas Partey has travelled with Arsenal on their pre-season tour to the US BTW
    not saying its him or it isnt but whoever it is isnt suspended

https://news.sky.com/story/premier-l...-rape-12651626

Some increasing noise that Arsenal will be signing Olexander Zinchenko from Manchester City. Very versatile player so that would be a good signing if it materialises.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Have to agree, London clubs are on the up.

Chelsea have got some solid signings - I don't personally rate Sterling but he could do well for them. City obviously don't rate him or Jesus to sell them to competitors, or they just don't consider Arsenal and Chelsea a treat.

Arsenal could have a decent season, 4th place this year will be very hard to get, Spurs have done some decent business and can always rely on Son and Kane. West Ham could struggle to maintain last seasons performances.

City will walk the title, Haaland and more so Alvarez could score a lot of goals. I feel he needs to play them both together but that is not really Peps style so will be interesting to see how that works out.

The real interest for me will be 2nd to 6th, should be a great season.

Master
    Bernardo to Barca is crazy.

City have gone in Haaland but going out they’ve got Ake, Sterling, Bernardo, zinchenko.

They’re starting the season in a worse position than last year with that many going out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Bernardo to Barca is crazy.

City have gone in Haaland but going out they’ve got Ake, Sterling, Bernardo, zinchenko.

They’re starting the season in a worse position than last year with that many going out.

is that a confirmed deal? he will be missed for sure, he is the unsung hero of your team