closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 36 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Realistically, who will come in and stump up £5 billion plus ?
    The stadium is a mess, the training facilities aren’t up to date and an overhaul of the playing squad is needed again, apparently.

I’m hoping for Qatari investors to buy them and Liverpool and unite them in a megastore / stadium in Warrington.
    https://news.sky.com/story/saudi-ara...rpool-12754745 Saudi Arabia wants its investors to own Manchester United and Liverpool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    But if the Sheikh, sorry state, sold City at market value he/they would make a profit. A huge one too.
    market value tends to be a multiple of revenue for football clubs, anyone buying city for a multiple of ‘revenue’ would be mental.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    market value tends to be a multiple of revenue for football clubs, anyone buying city for a multiple of ‘revenue’ would be mental.
    OK , have you thought about telling Forbes this ? They could do with your expertise.

Moot point . City aren’t for sale . The Sheikh isn’t bored yet and the oil hasn’t run out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    The Qatari's will not buy a club(s) with no supporters. Apparently, scouse and manc reds are all outraged at City and Newcastle's owners and will all stop going to matches if the 'wrong' owners take over any of the red clubs with history

I must have dreamed up the signs asking the Saudi's to rescue them during the Hicks and Gillette fiasco, or the Utd supporters wearing their green and gold Norwich scarfs when protesting about their owners, all the while being heavily sponsored by Saudi Arabia.

The only thing that has matched the growth of finance in the game are the levels of hypocrisy.
    No Liverpool fan has said they’d stop going the game if Arab or Qatari owners take over.

I’d be delighted if we got bought out by oil money.

If only all fans could be as honest as you. Fans of every club would love to be bought by Arab oil money, it’s pure hypocrisy and jealousy that leads them to say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    No Liverpool fan has said they’d stop going the game if Arab or Qatari owners take over.

I’d be delighted if we got bought out by oil money.

Master
    OK , have you thought about telling Forbes this ? They could do with your expertise.

Moot point . City aren’t for sale . The Sheikh isn’t bored yet and the oil hasn’t run out.
    forbes and everyone else, apart from you it seems, understands where the revenue comes from.

and you were the one who brought up how much they would profit if sold not me.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    forbes and everyone else, apart from you it seems, understands where the revenue comes from.

and you were the one who brought up how much they would profit if sold not me.
    Enlighten us then , oh wise one .
    Where does Citys sponsorship come from? You know, the ones that are very shady and wouldn’t get past any PL regulators , never mind a financial guru on a watch forum . You simply haven’t given any proof of your claims, you’re just repeating crap spouted on your beloved hallowed reds fans fora.
    And, to be clear, there isn’t a single sponsoring company at City that has a shadier history than Standard Chartered.

Can't you guys ever give it a rest, FFS?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Can't you guys ever give it a rest, FFS?
    No chance. thegoat = end of a very large bell.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    It's not just him, and it's the whole Liverpool v City thing. It's totally destroyed every Premier League thread to the point that they become barely worth visiting for anyone else.

It's not just him, and it's the whole Liverpool v City thing. It's totally destroyed every Premier League thread to the point that they become barely worth visiting for anyone else.
    He is, without a shadow of doubt, the main protagonist in the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Ah, here he is .
    The mouth behind a keyboard . Away and get yourself an aspirin and watch that blood pressure .
    Idiot .

I rest my case. Keep going, gents, it's your thread after all.

Amusing read though for those of us not particularly interested in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Amusing read though for those of us not particularly interested in football.

Perhaps for the first 20 or so pages....

And it all starts again today......

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Spurs defence still handing out Xmas gifts

Ah the usual Spurs 2nd half turnaround appears to be happening. Cracking header from Kane which will piss off the headline writers who were putting their 'world Cup hangover' articles together

And there it is 2-2! Unbelievable!

Good game that. Brentford have a lot about them.

Newcastle still flying. Strange one, you look at their team and think none of their players would get into either the Man City or Arsenal 1st XI but when they play they are very effective and Howe has made them more than the sum of their parts. Being where they are in the league will make them more attractive also to players they may wish to bring in at Xmas.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Newcastle still flying. Strange one, you look at their team and think none of their players would get into either the Man City or Arsenal 1st XI but when they play they are very effective and Howe has made them more than the sum of their parts. Being where they are in the league will make them more attractive also to players they may wish to bring in at Xmas.
    Can’t see any Arsenal player getting in city, Liverpool etc side either to be fair Ryan.

You’re absolutely hysterical, Ryan

Can’t see any Arsenal player getting in city, Liverpool etc side either to be fair Ryan.

City would be tough although I suspect Saliba, Saka and maybe Partey get in that XI.

Re Liverpool are you having a laugh? Alisson and Salah get in the Arsenal team, and that's it!

….and Virgil, Robertson, Diaz, Nunez, Firmino and Trent.

I also remember that Arsenal wanted to sign Bruno but he chose us.

Bruno and Botman definitely get onto the Arsenal team.
    City would be tough although I suspect Saliba, Saka and maybe Partey get in that XI.

Re Liverpool are you having a laugh? Alisson and Salah get in the Arsenal team, and that's it!
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 26th December 2022 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    ….and Virgil, Robertson, Diaz, Nunez, Firmino and Trent.

I also remember that Arsenal wanted to sign Bruno but he chose us.
    Ah Diaz yes if fit. Virgil of last season yes, not this season's Virgil. Robertson, Nunez, Firmino, Trent, all good players I agree but I don't think they get in a full strength Arsenal team.

Re Bruno and Arsenal, this from Sky Sports. He is an excellent player though and would make a fine back up for Odegaard.

Master
    Ryan you are either round the bend or a terrific wind up merchant.

Ah Diaz yes if fit. Virgil of last season yes, not this season's Virgil. Robertson, Nunez, Firmino, Trent, all good players I agree but I don't think they get in a full strength Arsenal team.

Re Bruno and Arsenal, this from Sky Sports. He is an excellent player though and would make a fine back up for Odegaard.

You are literally out of your mind.

Ryan you are either round the bend or a terrific wind up merchant.

Both actually!

Master
    Good coup by Liverpool if they have pipped Man U to Gakpo, he looked decent in the World Cup at least.

Arsenal are signing Mikhaylo Mudryk for £60m. No idea who he is other than he is Ukrainian and a winger which is odd as I feel we are strong in those positions and I'd he preferred a quality cover for Partey instead

Master

Premier League 2022 - 23

Arsenal are signing Mikhaylo Mudryk for £60m. No idea who he is other than he is Ukrainian and a winger which is odd as I feel we are strong in those positions and I'd he preferred a quality cover for Partey instead
    Whoever he is he would walk into the Liverpool and City teams no doubt, such is the strength of your squad.

It stands to reason he must be some world class individual even if you have not heard of him, right?
    Last edited by tango; 27th December 2022 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Whoever he is he would walk into the Liverpool and City teams no doubt, such is the strength of your squad.

It stands to reason he must be some world class individual even if you haven heard of him, right?
    You will have to wait until he Googles it, not having a clue about football. Assume this thread just makes him feel part of the 'footie crowd'.

As good as Newcastle and Arsenal are, both benches are weak and will ultimately be their undoing. I'm OK with that as our improvement in 12 months has been remarkable so we're comfortably ahead of any schedule the club may have set. I still predict Man City will be champions as their squad and manager are far superior to anyone else's. Liverpool will steam through to the end of the season and finish top four. So that's two places taken. I think Arsenal will take a spot so that leaves one being contested by us, Man Utd and Chelsea. Man Utd and Chelsea have better squads than us but we don't have the extra games of European football.

Let's be honest here, every Newcastle fan I know said success this season would be avoiding a relegation scrap so a sense of perspective is required. If we finish top eight that would be a fairly amazing achievement. The owners seem very level-headed and not prepared to simply splash the cash willy-nilly. I don't think we'll go big in January but expect us to write a few cheques come the summer.

Craftsman
    Mudryk is a very talented player who has great potential. Quite a high price, but not many players of that quality, at that age around. I've seen him play twice in the flesh this year - he is similar to Saka and Martinelli. We desperately need cover for both those players with Smith-Rowe fitness issues and Jesus/Nelson injuries. Nketiah can't play every single game as striker, so having Mudryk will give us opportunity to try Martinelli as a number 9, or on occasion start Mudryk and rest Saka without suffering a huge drop in quality. In other words, boosts the squad and gives us options. Only need to look at bench yesterday - if we had struggled, who is the goal threat?

Mudryk has also shown he can do it in the CL which hopefully will be relevant for us next season!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    As good as Newcastle and Arsenal are, both benches are weak and will ultimately be their undoing. I'm OK with that as our improvement in 12 months has been remarkable so we're comfortably ahead of any schedule the club may have set. I still predict Man City will be champions as their squad and manager are far superior to anyone else's. Liverpool will steam through to the end of the season and finish top four. So that's two places taken. I think Arsenal will take a spot so that leaves one being contested by us, Man Utd and Chelsea. Man Utd and Chelsea have better squads than us but we don't have the extra games of European football.

Let's be honest here, every Newcastle fan I know said success this season would be avoiding a relegation scrap so a sense of perspective is required. If we finish top eight that would be a fairly amazing achievement. The owners seem very level-headed and not prepared to simply splash the cash willy-nilly. I don't think we'll go big in January but expect us to write a few cheques come the summer.
    I don't think Tony is going to like this post

Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    You will have to wait until he Googles it, not having a clue about football. Assume this thread just makes him feel part of the 'footie crowd'.
    Yes, nailed it Burnsey

https://youtu.be/Sasksdm1Ftc

Unless Conte changes his tactics I think Spurs will fall away. Conceding the first goal in their last nine games is terrible. They start every game in retreat mode; allowing the opposition to have the ball, grow in confidence and attack them. For me that's just crazy. Every coach ever has said "be tight for the first ten minutes". Conte seems to say the opposite.

If you're going to play that way you have to have fantastic forwards and top-class defenders that can individually and collectively absorb pressure. Conte clearly believes he has the former but definitely doesn't have the latter.

I'd welcome Tony's assessment of my assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I don't think Tony is going to like this post

Yes, nailed it Burnsey

https://youtu.be/Sasksdm1Ftc

Oh, that pesky Bullingdon crowd getting their knickers in a twist are they? Let me just take another look.

As long as you keep posting about your beloved game I'll keep laughing, so all good.

Is that a joke?

See my post 1788 above.

Is that a joke?

Unless Conte changes his tactics I think Spurs will fall away. Conceding the first goal in their last nine games is terrible. They start every game in retreat mode; allowing the opposition to have the ball, grow in confidence and attack them. For me that's just crazy. Every coach ever has said "be tight for the first ten minutes". Conte seems to say the opposite.

If you're going to play that way you have to have fantastic forwards and top-class defenders that can individually and collectively absorb pressure. Conte clearly believes he has the former but definitely doesn't have the latter.

I'd welcome Tony's assessment of my assessment.
    None of us can understand the way we start matches - often on the back foot, and nothing like the expansive football we see in the second half. Coupled with that, we have a back line (including WBs) with deficiencies, so inviting teams to attack us doesn't seem like a particularly sensible tactic. (That said, we've played most of the season without Romero, which is no different to Liverpool playing without VVD.)

Anyway, there's a fair way to go yet, se we shall see what transpires. I still don't see how you can write Spurs off in terms of top four... my, how you've changed after a few wins.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 27th December 2022 at 14:19.

Will be interesting to see how Newcastle and Arsenal will respond to setbacks in the next couple of weeks. Arsenal will beat Newcastle at the Emirates and I reckon Spurs will beat Arsenal at the Tottenham Stadium so how they respond to these setbacks after both remaining unbeaten for so long will be interesting.

Also don't write off Liverpool for top 4. They will be out of Europe and with just the PL to focus on and that will be an advantage. I suspect this year Man City would rather win the CL than PL and may allocate resources accordingly.

Master
    Will be interesting to see how Newcastle and Arsenal will respond to setbacks in the next couple of weeks. Arsenal will beat Newcastle at the Emirates and I reckon Spurs will beat Arsenal at the Tottenham Stadium so how they respond to these setbacks after both remaining unbeaten for so long will be interesting.

Also don't write off Liverpool for top 4. They will be out of Europe and with just the PL to focus on and that will be an advantage. I suspect this year Man City would rather win the CL than PL and may allocate resources accordingly.
    50/50 game against Real Madrid
    Nonsense as per

I disagree Tony, I haven't changed my opinion on tactics at all. Conte's tactics are a bit mental.

None of us can understand the way we start matches - often on the back foot, and nothing like the expansive football we see in the second half. Coupled with that, we have a back line (including WBs) with deficiencies, so inviting teams to attack us doesn't seem like a particularly sensible tactic. (That said, we've played most of the season without Romero, which is no different to Liverpool playing without VVD.)

Anyway, there's a fair way to go yet, se we shall see what transpires. I still don't see how you can write Spurs off in terms of top four... my, how you've changed after a few wins.

I disagree Tony, I haven't changed my opinion on tactics at all. Conte's tactics are a bit mental.
    That wasn’t my point, as well you know.

Blog Entries

Premier League 2022 - 23

Odd team selection for Man U tonight ?

Understandably, some missing after the World Cup, but it still looks an odd backline.

z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AWB I thought we’d seen the last of this useless f&@@er

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    AWB I thought we’d seen the last of this useless f&@@er
    Just fired up the Amazon app - Apparently illness has forced this lineup.

z

Isn't Shaw playing centre back?