closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

That’s poor Ryan
    You don’t know what the FA are investigating . Some no mark on Twitter has probably suggested this and it’s been seized on and gained traction .

Was a good match, happy Arsenal won, Liverpool do look very poor, they played well in patches but look nothing like the team of the last few seasons. Salah has totally switched off, got his big contract and called it a day. Some interesting VAR decisions, roll on a top 4!. Still not looking forward to playing City.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    That’s poor Ryan
    You don’t know what the FA are investigating . Some no mark on Twitter has probably suggested this and it’s been seized on and gained traction .
    I said allegedly. It's pretty mainstream and the allegation is he called Gabriel a type of animal known for climbing in trees and eating bananas.

Regardless, I'm sure Liverpool are busy printing lots of 'We support Hendo' t-shirts.

Craftsman
    I find it very hard to believe Henderson, of all people, would use a racist remark. He's known for his leadership, charitable work, captains the side, led the PL captains during Covid - and features in a side that has thrived on its diversity.

Watching it back you can see him shove Gabriel in the shoulder, I'm sure he said something unpleasant, but I've seen absolutely no suggestion from anyone it was racist. Let's see what comes out from ref report and FA.

As for Arsenal - I love this team. Adore them. It's fantastic to watch them, feel part of something special happening (no, don't think we are winning league), but also to feel connection to players. For years I've really disliked most of the squad as people, and hated them as players. But now we make a sub and rather than groan, I'm happy to see them come on and excited to watch what they will do. Arteta, Edu, and the Kroenkes do deserve credit. Hopefully we keep this up and secure a long-awaited return to the CL and maybe even a trophy this season!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I said allegedly. It's pretty mainstream and the allegation is he called Gabriel a type of animal known for climbing in trees and eating bananas.

Regardless, I'm sure Liverpool are busy printing lots of 'We support Hendo' t-shirts.
    Still, you’re putting it on here and insinuating that he might have said it when there’s no need .
    Plus, I doubt 98% of Sunderland can understand Henderson, never mind a Jonny forriner.

Master

Ryan you’ve got to genuinely be mental if you believe Henderson has called Gabriel that.

The other rumour is he called Partey a rapist, I can see that being said.

Anyways I’m other news Liverpool look a shadow of what we have been. We are no longer controlling games and the lack of investment has now come back to bite us.

End of this season ; firmino, Thiago, Milner, ox, Kieta, Henderson are all gone to be done.

We need some serious cash spent in the summer just to stay level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Ryan you’ve got to genuinely be mental if you believe Henderson has called Gabriel that.

Anyways I’m other news Liverpool look a shadow of what we have been. We are no longer controlling games and the lack of investment has now come back to bite us.

End of this season ; firmino, Thiago, Milner, ox, Kieta, Henderson are all gone to be done.

Partey one makes marginally more sense.

I think Bobby and Thiago can stay but the rest are probably at the end, Milner has had far too many minutes this season.

Firminho has refound some of his old form in fairness.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

Problem is if we finish out of top four finding top players even with investment becomes increasingly difficult.

Agree we’re a shadow of where we have been in last few years, City next with that man called Haaland, I have not feared a fixture this much in many many years.

I cant imagine Henderson saying those things.

On another note - Klopps substitutions were terrible, taking off Salah and Jota when losing seems an strange choice.

Master
    A big win for United and you have to love how Ronnie just does what he does the man is a machine and lives for goals, must say our record at goodison has been poor and I was expecting us to crumble at the end so a big win for us and progress all be it small is still progress, barcodes up next who are flying so another challenge ahead howe has done a fantastic job for them

Thoroughly enjoyed the Arsenal game and credit to Arteta he is doing a great job and they deserved the win though I still think the real test comes when they concede first as they did v us and then went gung ho for the equaliser and got exposed as for Liverpool klopp has got 120% from a small squad for a long time now and hasnt been backed accordingly from a position of strength, now when they have players put of form/injured there is no back up to take the load and its costing them arguably trent and roberston are the source of goals and both have struggled and salah is out of form plus take away mane who scored lot of big goals and epitomised the high press its not a surprise they are struggling

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I cant imagine Henderson saying those things.

On another note - Klopps substitutions were terrible, taking off Salah and Jota when losing seems an strange choice.
    For me Salah coming off was no surprise. He has been anonymous for a long time and it was about time Klopp acknowledged the same and took the big decision take him off and who knows perhaps even not start with him.

I know the squad depth probably doesn’t allow for the course of action but Salah is clearly underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Problem is if we finish out of top four finding top players even with investment becomes increasingly difficult.

Agree we’re a shadow of where we have been in last few years, City next with that man called Haaland, I have not feared a fixture this much in many many years.

City’s record at Anfield is dire, even in the Mansoor era. I’d happily take a draw and move on although this is as a good a time to go to Anfield as any.

Haaland is a joy to watch. His awareness for a 22 year old is unreal. I heard somewhere he’s never been caught offside which, if true, is crazy for a striker.

Seems like Henderson said something about Partey re the allegations (even though legal advice to Arsenal hierarchy is supposedly that the allegations are somewhat tenuous).

Luis Diaz out until after Xmas

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    City’s record at Anfield is dire, even in the Mansoor era. I’d happily take a draw and move on although this is as a good a time to go to Anfield as any.

Haaland is a joy to watch. His awareness for a 22 year old is unreal. I heard somewhere he’s never been caught offside which, if true, is crazy for a striker.
    Crazy indeed (stats show caught offside twice this season)

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    A really good couple of weeks for us at Newcastle. We're still waiting for Eddie to put a foot wrong. Our strongest 11 is decent but not amazing. Our bench is poor. January will be important to bolster the squad.

Miggy's playing probably his best football ever. When available, Wilson is a very good striker. Now, let us talk about Bruno. This kid is quite simply a wonderful footballer. His ability and footballing brain bely his years. Ge too tight and he'll beat you. Stand off him and he'll pass you to death. His range of passing is fabulous and he scores all types of goals. £35m is an absolute snip for this kid.
    It's been simply brilliant hasn't it!! I keep pinching myself.....it's been such a long, long time since footy has made me happy. I tend to find it's hard to join in the discussions on here unless you're talking about the usual suspects though ;o)

Blog Entries
    The re birth of the “toon” is great for English football and a proper football town Eddie Howe is doing a great job and in a far different way that was expected from a Mid East takeover.

BTWgood news Leicester fans if Rogers gets his P45 Steve Bruce has just become available
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    I tend to find it's hard to join in the discussions on here unless you're talking about the usual suspects though ;o)
    Just chip in, supporters of all teams are welcome. The fans of the top teams like to wave their willys at each other from time to time, but I like to comment on dear old Everton, the peoples club playing at an old school ground.

And yes, I do know my history…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    The re birth of the “toon” is great for English football and a proper football town Eddie Howe is doing a great job and in a far different way that was expected from a Mid East takeover.

BTWgood news Leicester fans if Rogers gets his P45 Steve Bruce has just become available
    Agreed Mart. Looking forward to our visit on the 12th November, 5.30ko is a pain in the backside though.

If Rogers does get the bullet; Chris Wilder would be a good fit too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Just chip in, supporters of all teams are welcome. The fans of the top teams like to wave their willys at each other from time to time, but I like to comment on dear old Everton, the peoples club playing at an old school ground.

And yes, I do know my history…
    Goodison my favourite away ground in the North West Ken

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Goodison my favourite away ground in the North West Ken

One of mine too . I’ll miss it when it’s gone .
    There was nothing like swaying from side to side as the play switched because the steel stanchions were blocking the view .

I’m guessing a lot of these old school grounds were designed or built by the same people, Goodson looks remarkably like the old Roker Park and Ibrox doesn’t look too dissimilar although that has been modernised to some degree.

Master
    One of mine too . I’ll miss it when it’s gone .
    There was nothing like swaying from side to side as the play switched because the steel stanchions were blocking the view .
    Or the noise that can be generated on the wooden floor.

Master
    I’m guessing a lot of these old school grounds were designed or built by the same people, Goodson looks remarkably like the old Roker Park and Ibrox doesn’t look too dissimilar although that has been modernised to some degree.
    Spot on Ken

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archibald_Leitch

Diaz out until after the World Cup is another blow to Liverpool. Weakens the attack in a big way.
    But, I’ve got a perfect record at Anfield in that I’ve never seen us win there live , so no reason to expect any change on Sunday.

Craftsman
    Diaz out until after the World Cup is another blow to Liverpool. Weakens the attack in a big way.
    But, I’ve got a perfect record at Anfield in that I’ve never seen us win there live , so no reason to expect any change on Sunday.
    Looks like Trent out for 2-3 weeks also. Added to Arthur out for 3-4 months.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Looks like Trent out for 2-3 weeks also. Added to Arthur out for 3-4 months.

Not looking good is it. Well it’s the ups and downs that keep it interesting.

City to win the PL, Arsenal 2nd, Spurs 3rd, Chelsea 4th, Liverpool 5th, Newcastle 6th.

Everton 12th (have to include them).

Wonder what odds I’d get on that at this point of the season, probably no more than 3/1 or 4/1.

City to win the PL, Arsenal 2nd, Spurs 3rd, Chelsea 4th, Liverpool 5th, Newcastle 6th.

Everton 12th (have to include them).

Wonder what odds I’d get on that at this point of the season, probably no more than 3/1 or 4/1.
    You'd get a lot for that specific order. I fancy City to win, then 2nd to 4th being Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea in that order. Spurs are playing badly and winning which is something they didn't do last year and I think Conte has them well drilled so when they do click up front they will be a menace

That’s 90 minutes I’ll never get back. Terrible game and two terrible teams. Villa are awful considering their squad. Loads of sideways possession and no cutting edge. I’m hearing Beale was the talent behind Gerrard.

Blog Entries
    That’s 90 minutes I’ll never get back. Terrible game and two terrible teams. Villa are awful considering their squad. Loads of sideways possession and no cutting edge. I’m hearing Beale was the talent behind Gerrard.
    What an awful advert for PL football absolute rubbish and if they both get relegated neither on current form can complain
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I won't shed a tear if Villa go down but I'd like to see Forest stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    What an awful advert for PL football absolute rubbish and if they both get relegated neither on current form can complain

The world cup is a huge unknown to the top 4, top teams with many international players will come back in Jan with high fatigue levels, where as teams like Newcastle with less international players will be fresh and ready to go again.

Howe is doing an amazing job, I still fear they will get rid for a big name manager in the near future, which would be a mistake.

...I’m hearing Beale was the talent behind Gerrard.
    You could have read it here on 09.03.21. Post 871 in this thread - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Teams-Chances

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    ...As for Gerrard to Liverpool: As long as he takes the brains of the operation with him (Michael Beale, he does all the heavy thinking), he may manage a top six finish!
    Or indeed, post 979 from 13.07.21 in this thread - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...The-Euros-2020

StevieG is little more than a figurehead. Most people who follow Scottish football know it's the unsung Michael Beale who does the heavy thinking at TRFC.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    +1

Master
    Have faith - I went to 8 european aways before I saw united win between 2007-9 season thankfully it was in Moscow in the final!!! (even that was technically a draw)

Copenhagen 0-1
    Celtic 0-1
    Milan 0-3
    Villareal 1-1
    Barcelona 0-0
    Roma 1-1
    Lyon 1-1
    Chelsea 1-1

I do have a good record at Anfield though was there for an O shea smash and grab and a tevez winner no better place to win as a utd fan

West Ham won and are doing well in the Euro conference so I am pretty happy with all the new players bedding in. At least we have a striker now.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Have faith - I went to 8 european aways before I saw united win between 2007-9 season thankfully it was in Moscow in the final!!! (even that was technically a draw)

Copenhagen 0-1
    Celtic 0-1
    Milan 0-3
    Villareal 1-1
    Barcelona 0-0
    Roma 1-1
    Lyon 1-1
    Chelsea 1-1

I do have a good record at Anfield though was there for an O shea smash and grab and a tevez winner no better place to win as a utd fan
    To be fair Rob, I’ve never seen us do it in Stretford live either 😉
    I gave up a couple of years back. I just give the ticket away now .

Blog Entries
    Let's just say Brendan Rodgers' substitutions didn't pay off for him today.....
    We were cruising and then imploded (again)

Our confidence level seems shot to bits…. Depressing

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I think he's in real trouble.
    Fingers crossed…. Our owner seems content to sit on his hands as Rome burns

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Must just be a matter of time. He’d probably love to walk away now but will want his payoff..
    I think the fans were planning on having a whip round

Craftsman
    Reporting today that Haaland has a release clause in his contract of £175 million which can be triggered after 2 years by a club outside the EPL. Best striker in the world playing in the best stadium in under 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Reporting today that Haaland has a release clause in his contract of £175 million which can be triggered after 2 years by a club outside the EPL. Best striker in the world playing in the best stadium in under 2 years?
    Where's this, Guardiola denied there was such a clause last week?

Seems Everton may have auditor problems, as reported in the Guardian.
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Where's this, Guardiola denied there was such a clause last week?
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevepr...h=1756e8a027aa

Master
    Seems Everton may have auditor problems, as reported in the Guardian.
    The ones Red Bull use seem pretty good at trying to get around these matters...

Where is this best stadium you speak of? Given the non PL clause you can’t be speaking of Tottenham :wink:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Where is this best stadium you speak of? Given the non PL clause you can’t be speaking of Tottenham :wink:
    Afraid not, that new stadium that will light up the Madrid skyline is the one I mean.

Master
    Afraid not, that new stadium that will light up the Madrid skyline is the one I mean.
    That Napoli stadium looked amazing and the Athletico Madrid one will be hard to beat.

Master
    TBH the bad luck Liverpool had in the 1st half (and for sure a pen against Gabriel should have been awarded) was evened out by the good luck they had in the 2nd half. Arsenal could have scored a few more and IMHO Tsimikas should have been red carded.

Martinelli was exceptional today.
    VAR view of the "handball" not shown on MOTD, didn't see the SkySports view as I was at the game.

https://twitter.com/EduardoHagn/stat...UQDQ9SX0rnK6DA

Master
    Some Leicester fan turning on Brendan Rogers

https://twitter.com/stulcfc/status/1...S8u9AsHcIDaTww

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Some Leicester fan turning on Brendan Rogers

https://twitter.com/stulcfc/status/1...S8u9AsHcIDaTww
    Some ? This guy has the backing of 99% of Leicester fans!!!

Ben Chward is gutted too (not my gag!)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    That Napoli stadium looked amazing and the Athletico Madrid one will be hard to beat.
    https://www.realmadrid.com/en/fans/v...tiago-bernabeu