closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Exactly. If Jesus has been deemed good enough to be in and around the Man City side for the past 4 years I'm fairly confident he'd improve a squad that has Eddie Nketieh as its current only first team striker!

Sterling is an excellent player but not a position Arsenal need given Saka/Martinelli/Odegaard/Smith Rowe etc
    Yes I agree but this was around the time Saka was going to Liverpool. Gutted it didn't happen, love the player.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gutted Sadio has gone, its strange seinghim in a Bayern shirt, especially as he was still plastered over Anfield yesterday. I wish him well, onwards and hopefully upwards.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Gutted Sadio has gone, its strange seinghim in a Bayern shirt, especially as he was still plastered over Anfield yesterday. I wish him well, onwards and hopefully upwards.
    Model pro and a great human being from what is reported about him personally, will be greatly missed by Liverpool.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...arity-27297328

Would Conte play 3 up front though? I mean probably yes at home vs Bournemouth or Fulham but I can't see him doing that away at Anfield. So I'm not sure why Jesus would leave a bit part role at Man City for the same at Spurs.

Had to laugh a couple of days ago at Gunners fans on Radio 5 live phone in saying Jesus isn't the right striker for Arsenal and wouldn't be an upgrade on what Arsenal currently have! Seriously?!!?
    We play 3-4-3 under Conte, Ryan, so yes - Jesus would no doubt take Kulu's place in the starting 11 and would get regular game time. That said, I'm not sure whether we're actually going for him, and do see him ending up at Arsenal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    We play 3-4-3 under Conte, Ryan, so yes - Jesus would no doubt take Kulu's place in the starting 11 and would get regular game time. That said, I'm not sure whether we're actually going for him, and do see him ending up at Arsenal.
    Yes everything points to Arsenal being the frontrunners, though clear deal not done as Ryan stated a few days back. Would make an interesting situation if Spurs did show a genuine interest.

Master
    Rooney's left Derby. Something else lined up? He had a poor start but had started to forge a reputation as an effective manager.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Rooney's left Derby. Something else lined up? He had a poor start but had started to forge a reputation as an effective manager.
    Who knows time will tell.

City meanwhile have added Phillips to their squad, decent player good addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Who knows time will tell.

City meanwhile have added Phillips to their squad, decent player good addition.

With Fernandinho going, Phillips is an outstanding bit of recruitment for City.
    Good price for an England international and he will get plenty of game time .

Master
    Impressed by Arsenals activity thus far. Working hard in the transfer market, makes a refreshing change for Gunners fans no doubt.

Looking more and more likely that Sterling will be joining Chelsea in the next day or so.
    It’ll seem much changed next season without him and Gabby. Both thoroughly professional and excellent players. Chelsea and Arsenal are both getting cracking players who fully deserve a shot at being the main man up front.
    I shall wish them both all the best and look forward to John Stones kicking them both up and down the pitch when we play them .

Master
    And I am hoping both get hatricks against you and take 12 points off your team for both home and away fixtures.

We need any assistance we can get to stand a chance.

I know, I know, chance would be a fine thing, but one can always dream.

Last edited by tango; 27th June 2022 at 21:38.

Pleased with the signing of Gabriel Jesus - apart from being an excellent striker my City mates all say he's a good egg, no trouble whatsoever and won't end up with some dodgy headlines in the gutter press.

Pleased with the signing of Gabriel Jesus - apart from being an excellent striker my City mates all say he's a good egg, no trouble whatsoever and won't end up with some dodgy headlines in the gutter press.
    Good signing, that. I was quietly hoping he'd come to us, but with Kane and Son always likely to start Arsenal are a better fit for him.

Perhaps that means one of Raphinha or Richarlison coming to the top club in North London instead - time will tell.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 27th June 2022 at 21:47.

“Manchester United have rejected an attempt from Barcelona to sign England centre-back Harry Maguire.”

Why? Take the money and run. Fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps that means one of Raphinha or Richarlison coming to the top club in North London instead - time will tell.
    I think Raphinha said he wanted to move so he could win trophies so surely that rules Spurs out ;)

:)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    “Manchester United have rejected an attempt from Barcelona to sign England centre-back Harry Maguire.”

Why? Take the money and run. Fast.

Is it April 1st or something?

Craftsman
    Jesus..completely over rated and a downgrade on Pierre. He had great service at City, wont get flat at arsenal.

Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    With Fernandinho going, Phillips is an outstanding bit of recruitment for City.
    Good price for an England international and he will get plenty of game time .
    I don’t rate Phillips at all. I don’t see what he’s good at, there’s definitely better DM’s out there than him.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Is it April 1st or something?
    Thats about the only thing that could explain such a ridiculous story.

I think Raphinha said he wanted to move so he could win trophies so surely that rules Spurs out ;)

:)
    Touché

Thats about the only thing that could explain such a ridiculous story.
    It was on the BBC sports site yesterday, gossip related to United’s attempts to prise deJong out of Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    It was on the BBC sports site yesterday, gossip related to United’s attempts to prise deJong out of Barcelona.

I believe it was a player plus cash deal for De Jong.

On his own De Jong would cost Man Utd £75m but if United added Maguire to the deal then United would have to pay £100m

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    Jesus..completely over rated and a downgrade on Pierre. He had great service at City, wont get flat at arsenal.

Sigh
    He wasn’t the one being served , he was one of the servers .
    Completely different player to Aubameyang but if you don’t rate Brazils No 9 , then fair comment .

Sigh
    Completely different player to Aubameyang but if you don’t rate Brazils No 9 , then fair comment .
    Described by Pep as the best pressing forward in the world.

Strikers are asked todo so many different roles in the modern game goal scoring is but one ( albeit the most important ) aspect.

Still 90odd goals and 50 odd assists in 300 games isn’t too bad.

Will be interesting to see how he takes to being the default first choice striker by the fact he can actually run unlike lacazette makes him an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post

Then you don’t watch him play enough. Gives 100% every minute, great with both feet, holds the ball superbly and has a goals per minute ratio not to be sniffed at. Never going to be Sergio’s successor but a huge talent that City will miss and Arsenal will benefit from.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Then you don’t watch him play enough. Gives 100% every minute, great with both feet, holds the ball superbly and has a goals per minute ratio not to be sniffed at. Never going to be Sergio’s successor but a huge talent that City will miss and Arsenal will benefit from.
    Totally agree exceptional work rate and as a fan thats one thing that definitely ticks a big box. I wish him wel,l deserves his moment and at Arsenal he can be the main man I'm sure.
    Last edited by tango; 28th June 2022 at 21:39.

Jesus will (hopefully) do well at Arsenal, he looked a good player at City but had much better players around him.

I think we should try sell Tierney and maybe even Partey, both are very good players but on huge wages and injured for at least half the season. Could be a decent season with the signings we have made with a few more coming in. I don't think we should be going for Raphinha, we have enough attacking midfielders and the money they want for him is way to much.

Not sure why City signed Philips, he is decent but over hyped since he is English.

City will walk the PL next season.

Liverpool need to cash in on Salah before he runs his contract down and goes for a free next year. Losing Mane I think was a mistake.

I have to say that - with Richarlison, Lenglet and Spence joining our other signings - I think Spurs will be in the mix next season. It will make it the strongest squad that I can recall.

Master
    I have to say that - with Richarlison, Lenglet and Spence joining our other signings - I think Spurs will be in the mix next season. It will make it the strongest squad that I can recall.
    Have to say i disagree but lets see how it goes !

Richarlison is a middling centre forward, nowhere near worth what they paid, and where does he play for spurs? He gives squad depth if anything happens Son or Kane, but does he start?

Lenglet has been average at best in a poor barcelona team, he would need to recapture his sevilla form,

With whats going on around them i think Spurs will be doing well to maintain top 4.

Master
    Sigh
    werent they all servers at city last season? as one of the few out and out forwards they had i think his goals return is poor and Pep blew hot and cold on him. If he goes on and scores 25 goals a season at Arsenal itll be a good signing, its not a sure thing though.

Spurs have been canny in their dealings. I’d suggest they hav3 the third strongest squad on paper. It’ll be interesting to see how Richarlison gels with Son and Kane which is arguably the standout pairing in the league. I too, think you’ll be up there and a proper threat for once.

Phillips is having a medical and photo shoot tomorrow apparently. Outgoing from City are a couple of academy players . Still up in the air about Sterling , along with Ake and even Zinchenko still on Chelsea’s wanted list. I’m not too sure what City might be thinkin* making a number of changes as opposed to integrating a couple of players each season. I think Pep will promote a couple from the academy for this campaign. Both Macatee and Palmer look ready and are great talents .

De Jong to Utd is fascinating. Thursday nights wouldn’t be top of the list for many top footballers andd United are in for a long slog to break back into the top four.

Master
    Salah signed up, massive for Liverpool.

Safe to assume thats Liverpools business in this window done and dusted, though like all fans a few more additions would help us try and overhaul City.
    Last edited by tango; 1st July 2022 at 16:36.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Have to say i disagree but lets see how it goes !

Richarlison is a middling centre forward, nowhere near worth what they paid, and where does he play for spurs? He gives squad depth if anything happens Son or Kane, but does he start?

Lenglet has been average at best in a poor barcelona team, he would need to recapture his sevilla form,

With whats going on around them i think Spurs will be doing well to maintain top 4.
    For the second time, we play with 3 up front; I imagine our preferred starting 11 will have Son, Kane and Richarlison making up that 3. That's enough to scare any defence, in the Premiership and beyond.

As for the comment that I've highlighted, I genuinely find that incredible. We'll be far stronger in a relative sense next season, in terms of both first 11 and squad depth. To suggest otherwise shows a lack of football knowledge.

Safe to assume thats Liverpools business in this window done and dusted, though like all fans a few more additions would help us try and overhaul City.
    Great news. I thought he was going to wind down his contract.

We could do with a new midfielder although maybe Elliot and Jones will fill the gaps left by ageing legs.

We should sign Milner for another 10 years.

Master
    A new midfielder would be great but can’t see it happening.

Don’t know how they do it on such a shoestring budget . 😉

Master
    Don’t know how they do it on such a shoestring budget . 😉
    Going to resist and not spoil my Friday evening.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Described by Pep as the best pressing forward in the world.

Strikers are asked todo so many different roles in the modern game goal scoring is but one ( albeit the most important ) aspect.

Still 90odd goals and 50 odd assists in 300 games isn’t too bad.

Will be interesting to see how he takes to being the default first choice striker by the fact he can actually run unlike lacazette makes him an upgrade.
    Pep can describe him as anything he wants but he’s not even in the top 50 pressers in the world.

Number 1 statistically in the world for pressing is……Tammy Abraham !!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Great news. I thought he was going to wind down his contract.

We could do with a new midfielder although maybe Elliot and Jones will fill the gaps left by ageing legs.

We should sign Milner for another 10 years.
    So did Red Nev,

https://twitter.com/carra23/status/1...1nt9zapbgNmisQ

Sign of how far Man Utd have fallen when Christian Eriksen has a choice between Brentford and United and looks likely to choose Brentford.....

Sign of how far Man Utd have fallen when Christian Eriksen has a choice between Brentford and United and looks likely to choose Brentford.....
    Indeed. To be honest, I'd hoped that Conte would have a way to fit him into our team/squad, as he's a world class player who we've never managed to replace. I suspect that the Bissouma deal put paid to that, though (but I'm 100% sure he'd have opted for us had we made an offer).

So did Red Nev,

https://twitter.com/carra23/status/1...1nt9zapbgNmisQ

Brilliant

Master
    Indeed. To be honest, I'd hoped that Conte would have a way to fit him into our team/squad, as he's a world class player who we've never managed to replace. I suspect that the Bissouma deal put paid to that, though (but I'm 100% sure he'd have opted for us had we made an offer).
    I also thought he'd be an excellent addition to the Liverpool squad but no such moves being made.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Chuffed Mo is staying, a cheeky midfielder and we are looking good

Master
    For the second time, we play with 3 up front; I imagine our preferred starting 11 will have Son, Kane and Richarlison making up that 3. That's enough to scare any defence, in the Premiership and beyond.

As for the comment that I've highlighted, I genuinely find that incredible. We'll be far stronger in a relative sense next season, in terms of both first 11 and squad depth. To suggest otherwise shows a lack of football knowledge.
    kane and son will scare defences for sure, we have seen plenty of richarlison over the past 4 years to suggest adding him to the mix isn’t going to up the fear factor.

Saying spurs will do well to finish top 4 again is far less fanciful than to suggest they will be in the ‘mix’ , they have 20 points to make up on Liverpool and City but only finished 2 ahead of arsenal. We shall see at the end of the season.

Master
    Interesting situation developing for new Man U manager with Ronaldo stating he wants to leave and the club insisting he's not for sale. Entertainment started before season begins.

Arsenal have agreed terms with Youri Tielemans

Master
    big signing that , I wouldn’t have minded him at Liverpool.

Master
    Is that confirmed what's the source?

Great bit of business if true.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    kane and son will scare defences for sure, we have seen plenty of richarlison over the past 4 years to suggest adding him to the mix isn’t going to up the fear factor.

Saying spurs will do well to finish top 4 again is far less fanciful than to suggest they will be in the ‘mix’ , they have 20 points to make up on Liverpool and City but only finished 2 ahead of arsenal. We shall see at the end of the season.
    We’ll Have to agree to differ regarding Richarlison - it's something we can revisit at the appropriate time, I’m sure. However, your statement that Spurs will be lucky to finish in the top four due to everything going on around them is still quite ridiculous.

By this time next week we’ll have signed Richarlison, Lenglet, Spence, Perisic, Bissouma and Forster. I doubt any other side in the top half of the table will have strengthened to the same extent, and do please note that - under Conte - we were already the only club with a points and goals record rivalling those of City and Liverpool (so hardly a fanciful claim on my part, given we'll have a stronger first eleven as well as greater squad depth where we need it). However, you claim that "with what's going on around them i think Spurs will be doing well to maintain top 4"?

You were, and still are talking complete shite.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 3rd July 2022 at 07:43.