closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    £70m and £350k a week for a 30 year old defensive midfielder with no pace and who plays in a midfield trio with Tony Kroos and Luca Modric which hides his limitations. Let's see how playing next to Fred and Scott Mctominay compares, or in adventurous weeks next to Christian Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes. With the ever increasing likeliness of no Cristiano Ronaldo to bail them out

United are off their t*ts. As are their fans who blame the Glazers - get real guys the Glazers are spending too MUCH money not the other way round!
    Quite correct, the most delusional bunch of fans living on past glory.

Craftsman
    €100m for Antony, why will he work when Sancho hasn't? No strategy, no plan, and ridiculous sums of wasted cash.

United aren't learning, and I'm loving it

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    €100m for Antony, why will he work when Sancho hasn't? No strategy, no plan, and ridiculous sums of wasted cash.

United aren't learning, and I'm loving it

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    Antony on right, switch Sancho to left (where he seems to have been effective in the past), offload Rashford to Real Madrid to recoup what they paid for Casemiro?

Casemiro, I assume to deal with an urgent problem in that Fred/McTominay are not good enough to shield a dire defence. Maybe a generalisation, but United seems to be a graveyard for the reputations of Brazilian and South American players.

Goalkeeper, central defence, central midfield, centre forwards grievous worry, but United knew this months if not years ago.

Clubs will take advantage of United’s desperation and offload the unwanted. Players don’t want to go to United and those that do will take advantage of United’s desperation with pay demands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    … offload Rashford to Real Madrid to recoup what they paid for Casemiro?
    What’s Rashford worth with 12 months if his contract left (I believe) and pretty poor form last season?

Enjoyed the Spurs game, glad Conte fired a rocket up them at half time, looked like they were falling asleep! Hojberg and Kulusevski worked their arses off though.

Good result for Spurs, although I’m sure they would regard a home game against Wolves as one which they should win.

A bit like Everton at home to Forest shortly, but less certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Good result for Spurs, although I’m sure they would regard a home game against Wolves as one which they should win.

A bit like Everton at home to Forest shortly, but less certain.
    Wolves played well, it seemed Lage was frustrated that they didn't follow the game plan, they certainly had some very good chances.

That was the kind of game we could easily have lost in seasons past. I also like the fact that Conte is capable of really shaking things up at half time, without needing to make changes to do so.

Oof! Bye bye Lampard

Master
    Oof! Bye bye Lampard
    Maybe not just now though.

Brendan Rodgers is on his way out though.

Great to see my team Southampton win. Hopefully my team Arsenal can get a win against my team Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That was the kind of game we could easily have lost in seasons past. I also like the fact that Conte is capable of really shaking things up at half time, without needing to make changes to do so.
    I think the difference vs last year is that Son is out of sorts currently but Conte could bring in Richarlison in his place and they maintain attacking quality. Last year those options weren't there so much.

How many Villa players will Gerrard fling under the bus tonight

Blog Entries
    Great to see my team Southampton win. Hopefully my team Arsenal can get a win against my team Bournemouth.
    Hopefully Bournemouth will get a result ,oops first arsenal attack and a goal mind you with Scotty P looking like a reject from “ mens knitwear” maybe B’ mouth deserve it.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Hopefully Bournemouth will get a result ,oops first arsenal attack and a goal mind you with Scotty P looking like a reject from “ mens knitwear” maybe B’ mouth deserve it.
    What a player Jesus looks. Wonder if Man City are thinking that they've accidentally sold Neymar 2.0 for £40m

What a player Jesus looks. Wonder if Man City are thinking that they've accidentally sold Neymar 2.0 for £40m
    Does make you wonder why Pep didn’t just play him as a number 9 and be done with it.

Perhaps Arsenal’s playing style will suit Jesus’ strengths more?

Any City fan will tell you how much Jesus was rated. Top player, superb ball control and great with both feet. Of the midfield and forward players only KDB is a shoe in and some players just want more game time and Pep is one not to stand in players’ way if they want to leave. I’d rather he stayed at City but wish him nothing but the best at Arsenal. Fair play to Pep for letting the three of them leave to PL clubs….. doubt too many managers would do that.

Shame to see Sterling bad mouthing City. On his day he was superb but the only reason he wasn’t a regular starter was down to his poor performances these past two seasons. I’m certainly more disappointed in losing Jesus than Sterling.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Perhaps Arsenal’s playing style will suit Jesus’ strengths more?

Any City fan will tell you how much Jesus was rated. Top player, superb ball control and great with both feet. Of the midfield and forward players only KDB is a shoe in and some players just want more game time and Pep is one not to stand in players’ way if they want to leave. I’d rather he stayed at City but wish him nothing but the best at Arsenal. Fair play to Pep for letting the three of them leave to PL clubs….. doubt too many managers would do that.

Shame to see Sterling bad mouthing City. On his day he was superb but the only reason he wasn’t a regular starter was down to his poor performances these past two seasons. I’m certainly more disappointed in losing Jesus than Sterling.
    Yep fair point. What also seems evident is that Zinchenko and Jesus have brought that Man City winning and hard working mentality and it seems to be rubbing off on the other players. Again, just 2.5 games into the season but given recent results I think in hindsight that 2-0 win at Palace is much more impressive than it initially appeared to be.

Look at this from the Bundesliga today. You'd be kicking yourself if you were a Werder Bremen fan leaving 2 mins before the end to 'avoid the traffic'.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Quite correct, the most delusional bunch of fans living on past glory.
    This is irony, right ?
    Last edited by thegoat; 20th August 2022 at 19:47.

Excellent win for Arsenal. Tough run of fixtures for Bournemouth but it won't be matches against City and Arsenal that define Bournemouth's season. Instead it will be against the weaker sides like Forest, Leeds, Fulham, Manchester United etc that will determine if Bournemouth stay up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    What’s Rashford worth with 12 months if his contract left (I believe) and pretty poor form last season?
    Supposedly £50m!

I wonder if Casemiro is future player-manager Ronaldo’s first signing? Or at least a signing to appease Ronaldo. It wasn’t expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the difference vs last year is that Son is out of sorts currently but Conte could bring in Richarlison in his place and they maintain attacking quality. Last year those options weren't there so much.
    Wolves played well. well organised and dominated the midfield. Quality lacking in the final third. Don’t recall Lloris having a decent shot to save. Son is being man marked. Oppo doubled up against him against Chelsea and Southampton. He needs to find a way around it. No team is going to let last seasons golden boot winner run free. We lost this fixture last season so happy with the win.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    By the way, do you go to any Tranmere games? I remember years ago going to that ground the stand seemed so steep it with like a ski slope!
    I don’t, but I should. I remember going years ago to a third division league game when they were playing Chelsea. How times have changed. I always watch them if they are on TV, had a few great play off adventures in recent years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    This is irony, right ?
    Come on mate, you need to ask?
    Last edited by tango; 21st August 2022 at 00:57.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I don’t, but I should. I remember going years ago to a third division league game when they were playing Chelsea. How times have changed. I always watch them if they are on TV, had a few great play off adventures in recent years.
    Can’t have been third division. Chelsea have never been there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It hurts me to say it, but Saliba, Zynchenko and Jesus have taken the Arse to another level. Early days yet, though, and I'm not sure about their squad depth over a season.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It hurts me to say it, but Saliba, Zynchenko and Jesus have taken the Arse to another level. Early days yet, though, and I'm not sure about their squad depth over a season.
    I do worry if Jesus gets injured we are back to just Nketieh up front and if he gets injured Lord only knows - I guess Saka at a push but he's no Harry Kane in regards to finishing.

Decent coverage elsewhere - when you can bring Tierney and Tomiyasu on as subs that gives some comfort.

Fabio Vieira yet to be integrated in midfield - apparently that boy is box office. Let's see.

Master
    Squad depth will be a problem for Arsenal as it will for Liverpool. I honestly do not believe any team will get close to City this year but Arsenal really have started the season in blistering form and Jesus has made them look a different animal and given them a dimension they have long missed.

Squad depth will be a problem for Arsenal as it will for Liverpool. I honestly do not believe any team will get close to City this year but Arsenal really have started the season in blistering form and Jesus has made them look a different animal and given them a dimension they have long missed.
    There is depth there this year, Saliba and Zinc offer cover we were badly missing last year. If Pepe goes they will replace him with someone Arteta actually wants to use. Thomas Partey facing a long period of being unavailable would be the bigger issue as would likely require a shift away from the current formation

Yeah there is zero chance Arsenal will get near the top 2 IMHO as there is always a goal to the opposition in us at the back. I'm sure we will be in the top 5 and the battle for the 3rd and 4th place will IMHO be between us, Spurs and Chelsea.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stuchyg View Post
    There is depth there this year, Saliba and Zinc offer cover we were badly missing last year. If Pepe goes they will replace him with someone Arteta actually wants to use. Thomas Partey facing a long period of being unavailable would be the bigger issue as would likely require a shift away from the current formation
    I agree they have more depth this season, just not enough depth for me. As Ryan points out an injury to Jesus will make things immediately tricky for them. The depth required to compete with the champions needs to be something quite special.

I agree they have more depth this season, just not enough depth for me. As Ryan points out an injury to Jesus will make things immediately tricky for them. The depth required to compete with the champions needs to be something quite special.
    Ah yea, I don't expect us to compete with City at all but I think a strong run at third should be capable with this squad, not just hoping to get fourth. I think the Jesus point is valid, it's part of the reason I think they went so hard for the Raphina signing, the versatility across the front line would have provided a lot of cover/chance for rotation

What people seem to forget is that Pep is , or is trying to , change City’s playing style again . There will be mistakes made and points dropped .
    The Dirty Oil Money Derby will be a test today for City. Newcastle were out of the blocks and at Forest for 90 minutes last time out and I expect the same today . Obviously City’s better players should make it less of a one sided game but the Geordies will be relishing this today.

Also looking forward to Leeds v Chelsea. That too could be a tough game for the Londoners and I watch Leeds with interest as I hope they perform better than last season.

utd v liverpool should be hugely entertaining, if only for the sheep protesting outside the ground .

Enjoyed Arsenal yesterday , they are not only hugely improved, they are entertaining to watch and there’s goals all over the team. Tighten up the defence and they are definitely challenging for honours this season . I bet the ones calling for Arteta to be sacked are keeping their heads down this season.

Didn’t see Tottenham but any result over Wolves is good as I expect them to be much better than last year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    What people seem to forget is that Pep is , or is trying to , change City’s playing style again . There will be mistakes made and points dropped .
    The Dirty Oil Money Derby will be a test today for City. Newcastle were out of the blocks and at Forest for 90 minutes last time out and I expect the same today . Obviously City’s better players should make it less of a one sided game but the Geordies will be relishing this today.

Also looking forward to Leeds v Chelsea. That too could be a tough game for the Londoners and I watch Leeds with interest as I hope they perform better than last season.

utd v liverpool should be hugely entertaining, if only for the sheep protesting outside the ground .

Enjoyed Arsenal yesterday , they are not only hugely improved, they are entertaining to watch and there’s goals all over the team. Tighten up the defence and they are definitely challenging for honours this season . I bet the ones calling for Arteta to be sacked are keeping their heads down this season.

Didn’t see Tottenham but any result over Wolves is good as I expect them to be much better than last year.
    I really hope Newcastle is a test, though that is damn ambitious on my part, I expect it to be an easy result. Your team is just too full of top quality players, all over the park, I can not identify a single weakness outside of the players taking time to settle and a potentially new playing style.

Don't get me wrong nothing would please me more than you being right and points being dropped, lots of them, but common sense dictates that is unlikely.

Master
    Chelsea will need to show what they're made of now.

If the first was a howler, the second was a peach of a header

Chelsea getting absolutely pumped by Leeds here.

Master
    Leeds deserve to be ahead, despite first goal being gifted they are playing well.

Master
    Game over now surely.

Master
    Taxi for Tuchel😜

Master
    It gets worse!

Tuchel being an absolute penis again, just like he was against Spurs.

Blog Entries
    That is what is called a “ bad day at the office” never mind couple of easy ones coming up.

Arsenal get dancer and we get prancer oh well.
    Last edited by mart broad; 21st August 2022 at 16:01.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Well I wasn’t expecting that!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Well I wasn’t expecting that!
    Don’t think you’re alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Still, we have our bogey team Brighton next
    Voila!

Brighton deserved winners. Moyes under pressure already?

Master
    Game over surely?

Foden a greedy sod for the 2nd game in a row. Haaland had a tap in!

Master
    Foden a greedy sod for the 2nd game in a row. Haaland had a tap in!
    Yes looks like they may have a Salah Mane type thing going on where one is not going to pass to the other.

That was an easy tap in goal if he would have rolled the pass across.

Newcastle should have had at least one goal.