closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Master
    And deserved too, what the hell was he thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early days, but City look miles ahead of Liverpool. Maybe more of a procession than a two horse race.

I think the Chelsea game and this one had very poor referees, let the game get out of hand.

Nunez was an embarrassment but it let Diaz shine, hopefully, they'll look to him for more goals this season because Saleh doesn't look threatening right now. It was nice to see Carvalho take a few chances too.

Liverpool has all the pieces, but they don't seem synchronised at the moment. They could come roaring back into this season.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What was Nunez thinking, he shouldn’t let people get to you at this level.

Anderson deserved a yellow a few times there. But no need to nut someone.

Signs of good play though, as with Fulham. 4 points adrift though is giving us a job to do and I wonder how long the ban will be for Nunez.

Three game ban for violent conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    What was Nunez thinking, he shouldn’t let people get to you at this level.

Anderson deserved a yellow a few times there. But no need to nut someone.

Signs of good play though, as with Fulham. 4 points adrift though is giving us a job to do and I wonder how long the ban will be for Nunez.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Three game ban for violent conduct.
    Minimum 3 match ban but that was a very violent headbutt so I reckon he'll get another match added to that

Incredibly Man Utd will go above Liverpool with a win at Old Trafford next monday!

Yes but that's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Incredibly Man Utd will go above Liverpool with a win at Old Trafford next monday!

Idiotic from Nunez. That will be a 3 match ban for violent conduct
    What is it about Uruguayan strikers playing for Liverpool? I’m sure Klopp chewed his ear off in the dressing room after the game.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    What is it about Uruguayan strikers playing for Liverpool? I’m sure Klopp chewed his ear off in the dressing room after the game.
    Ha too easy.

Blog Entries
    Minimum 3 match ban but that was a very violent headbutt so I reckon he'll get another match added to that
    He should simply have pulled the guy to the ground violently by his hair as there's no punishment for that and he'd have stayed on the pitch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Watching the replay back is wasn’t that bad a but. Still deffo a red but the hair pull looks worse in slow mo.

Journeyman
    Surprisingly the laws of the game don't mention anything about pulling hair. An odd quirk that VAR and the ref couldn't work around – they'd have to give a red for violent conduct, which would be harsh (imo) as the two players were all over each other.

Still, as a neutral, the ref letting the game flow led to a great match.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrickashaw View Post
    Surprisingly the laws of the game don't mention anything about pulling hair. An odd quirk that VAR and the ref couldn't work around – they'd have to give a red for violent conduct, which would be harsh (imo) as the two players were all over each other.

Still, as a neutral, the ref letting the game flow led to a great match.
    I'm not sure the laws of the game have to mention everything that could be considered violent conduct but sure as hell it's considered such in normal society. Every referee that's reviewed the incident since and all the pundits on MOTD have said it should have been a red but you know better. I'm glad it made for good entertainment for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    I'm not sure the laws of the game have to mention everything that could be considered violent conduct but sure as hell it's considered such in normal society. Every referee that's reviewed the incident since and all the pundits on MOTD have said it should have been a red but you know better. I'm glad it made for good entertainment for you.
    I can't believe it's even a debate, clearly a red.

Journeyman
    I'm not sure the laws of the game have to mention everything that could be considered violent conduct but sure as hell it's considered such in normal society.
    A slide tackle in the street would be assault, shepherding the ball out for a goal kick would sure as hell be considered strange in normal society – but I don't see those things being considered for red cards.

The NFL rules specifically mention pulling of hair, why can't the Premier League?

Either way, even with the red card, it would've been a corner to Spurs still – Chelsea need to do their job and defend the corner.

Chelsea fans playing the victims as one of the most successful teams in the world over the last 10 years will never not be funny to me.

Blog Entries
    A slide tackle in the street would be assault, shepherding the ball out for a goal kick would sure as hell be considered strange in normal society – but I don't see those things being considered for red cards.

The NFL rules specifically mention pulling of hair, why can't the Premier League?

Either way, even with the red card, it would've been a corner to Spurs still – Chelsea need to do their job and defend the corner.

Chelsea fans playing the victims as one of the most successful teams in the world over the last 10 years will never not be funny to me.
    If it had been considered a red card, it would have been a free kick to Chelsea and not a corner as the ball was in play.

You really have some bizarre logic.

As already mentioned by BSB, your point about the corner makes no sense either.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    You really have some bizarre logic.
    My logic matches the inconsistent application of the rules:

• Fellaini pulled Arsenal's Matteo Guendouzi to the ground by his hair, but while the free kick was given, no card was shown
    • Georgia Stanway was shown a yellow card after pulling United States forward Tobin Heath down to the ground by her hair
    • Michael Boxall of Minnesota United pulled the hair of San Jose Earthquakes Danny Hoesen, but the VAR didn't advise a red card
    • Cristiano Ronaldo was sent off on his Champions League debut for Juventus for pulling the hair of Valencia's Jeison Murillo
    • Robert Huth was retrospectively banned for three games for pulling the hair of Manchester United's Marouane Fellaini off the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    As already mentioned by BSB, your point about the corner makes no sense either.
    If VAR gave the red card, and I quote from the Laws of the Game (4. Restart of play after fouls and misconduct):

"If the ball is out of play, play is restarted according to the previous decision"

The previous decision was a corner.
    Last edited by dbrickashaw; 16th August 2022 at 16:33.

Master
    We've just signed a lad from Man Utd - never heard of them, so off to Google, and apparently they're a football team in the North West of England...

Idiotic from Nunez. That will be a 3 match ban for violent conduct
    They should quickly overturn the sending off and let him play.
    God knows, De Gea could do with a clean sheet next week.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    They should quickly overturn the sending off and let him play.
    God knows, De Gea could do with a clean sheet next week.
    oh, i see what you have done there, very clever, it's almost as if he has played half a dozen games and not scored.... only that's not the case is it?

Supposed 'great' atmospheres at English grounds like Anfield - watching the Rangers match the atmosphere at Ibrox is way better than anything in the Permier League except maybe at Crystal Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    FTFY
    Now that is a genuinely new joke! Well done that's hilarious.

Blog Entries
    This made me chuckle …

z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Supposed 'great' atmospheres at English grounds like Anfield - watching the Rangers match the atmosphere at Ibrox is way better than anything in the Permier League except maybe at Crystal Palace.
    A Champions League knock-out fixture under floodlights will usually provide a greater atmosphere than a league match. Rangers next home game vs Ross County would be a better comparison.

Master
    One a side note Giggs is one of the worst humans on earth.

Total scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    One a side note Giggs is one of the worst humans on earth.

Total scumbag.

Not a Ryan Giggs fan but I doubt he comes anywhere near the candidacy for one of "the worst humans on earth".
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Not a Ryan Giggs fan but I doubt he comes anywhere near the candidacy for one of "the worst humans on earth".
    Agreed. Sol Campbell is far, far worse for starters.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Oh he’s right up there.

Oh, and for balance, Romero now out for a month because of this.

He should simply have pulled the guy to the ground violently by his hair as there's no punishment for that and he'd have stayed on the pitch.
    I saw Cyril Knowles do exactly the same thing to Stan Bowles back in 74. Knowles reached out to help Bowles get back to his feet and then poked Bowles in the eye! Nice one Cyril RIP

I suspect the levels of sympathy Romero will receive will be somewhere between zero and minus infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

10 days apparently (https://twitter.com/gastonedul/statu...-his-injury%2F)

not sure how an accidental trodding on provides balance to a deliberate hair pulling though.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    10 days apparently (https://twitter.com/gastonedul/statu...-his-injury%2F)

not sure how an accidental trodding on provides balance to a deliberate hair pulling though.
    No accident. Cucurella knew exactly what he was doing

Master
    Gamesmanship is all part and parcel of the game - has gone on at all levels of football for as long as I can remember - just harder to get away with it now with VAR etc....

Nunez as an example on Monday someone who was wound up all game and reacted - Scousers been crying about it all week made me laugh

Romero is always at it so cant complain, in my opinion the hair pull deserved some repercussions and cucurella exerted it himself - fair play in my book

Remember Vinnie and Gazza back in the day - front page news and it launched vinnie in to the eye of the world as a hard man

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Gamesmanship is all part and parcel of the game - has gone on at all levels of football for as long as I can remember - just harder to get away with it now with VAR etc....

Nunez as an example on Monday someone who was wound up all game and reacted - Scousers been crying about it all week made me laugh

Romero is always at it so cant complain, in my opinion the hair pull deserved some repercussions and cucurella exerted it himself - fair play in my book

Remember Vinnie and Gazza back in the day - front page news and it launched vinnie in to the eye of the world as a hard man
    No crying here, needs to keep his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    No crying here, needs to keep his head.
    Klopp will have that under control . Man management is one of his strengths.
    Despite my gentle ribbing, I think Nunez will be absolutely fine this season. He ll get the silly tricks out of his system and revert to being a half decent centre forward .
    Funnily enough, there’s a set of results this weekend which could result in the two greatest clubs in the history of the world ever , being in the bottom 3 meaning Ryan’s claim of a relegation six pointer isn’t too far wide of the mark .

When I watch Nunez play I can’t help but think Andy Caroll. I’m sure he will become a good striker in time but for now he reminds me of him for some reason.

Master
    Diaz Is a handful, makes superbly timed runs and works very hard. It’s his composure and technical ability that’s lacking at the minute but all the rare material is there for him to be a top player in a couple of years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Klopp will have that under control . Man management is one of his strengths.
    Despite my gentle ribbing, I think Nunez will be absolutely fine this season. He ll get the silly tricks out of his system and revert to being a half decent centre forward .
    Funnily enough, there’s a set of results this weekend which could result in the two greatest clubs in the history of the world ever , being in the bottom 3 meaning Ryan’s claim of a relegation six pointer isn’t too far wide of the mark .
    It’s a funny old game, the worst united team in premier history against the greatest Liverpool of the same era and its a relegation 6 pointer ;)

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    When I watch Nunez play I can’t help but think Andy Caroll. I’m sure he will become a good striker in time but for now he reminds me of him for some reason.
    https://youtu.be/Qotkib0cpZE

VAR ref admitted he made an error in the Romero/Cucarella incident.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62596652

VAR ref admitted he made an error in the Romero/Cucarella incident.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62596652
    Mike Dean is useless. He was a crap ref who revelled in his own importance on the pitch. With all the money in the Premier League you would think they could afford to improve the standard of refereeing. The inconsistency is baffling. I still don’t get why shirt and player holding in the box is hardly punished with a penalty when the same infringements in general play would result in free kicks.

Master
    Really is a measure of how good a man he is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_bBk4tortk

Fear not United supporters Klopp has got your backs.

Everton at home to Forest tomorrow, I’m sure they are viewing it as one of their easier away games this season. Frankie boy, being impressed by your teams performance after yet another defeat is starting to wear thin.

Looking down the table I’m struggling to see who we could beat at the moment, Southampton and Man Utd seem to be the obvious choices, but all the other games are going to be tough for us.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Everton at home to Forest tomorrow, I’m sure they are viewing it as one of their easier away games this season. Frankie boy, being impressed by your teams performance after yet another defeat is starting to wear thin.

Looking down the table I’m struggling to see who we could beat at the moment, Southampton and Man Utd seem to be the obvious choices, but all the other games are going to be tough for us.
    You may even struggle against Man U once their new signings arrive.

https://twitter.com/ProjectFootball/...asIZ-ByXjvdA7g

Be interesting to see how the big clubs treat the domestic cup competitions this season. Klopp had been criticised by some for not taking them seriously, but after winning both last season you could argue that it had an impact on their race for the PL.

Logic suggests the earlier they get knocked out of both this season the better, they can then focus on the PL and CL especially if City are trying to win everything.

Big night for the Wirral next Wednesday, the mighty Tranmere Rovers take on some up starts from the North East.

Master
    £70 million for a 30 year old!

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    £70 million for a 30 year old!
    £70m and £350k a week for a 30 year old defensive midfielder with no pace and who plays in a midfield trio with Tony Kroos and Luca Modric which hides his limitations. Let's see how playing next to Fred and Scott Mctominay compares, or in adventurous weeks next to Christian Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes. With the ever increasing likeliness of no Cristiano Ronaldo to bail them out

United are off their t*ts. As are their fans who blame the Glazers - get real guys the Glazers are spending too MUCH money not the other way round!