closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 26 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    No excuse for behaviour on either side.

Fan behaviour seems to be getting out of hand again.
    You only have to look at the “have your say” comments from tribal loons on various web sites to see how ridiculous it all gets. I’ve never understood why people can’t support their team and then just discuss like normal people.

Those old enough to remember the bad old days will realise the improvements made but social media (again) has a lot to answer for in that it amplifies the hatred and vitriol so it’s no wonder it spreads to the games.

thegoat, you really are a Pr!ck of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    thegoat, you really are a Pr!ck of the highest order.
    Thanks
    Coming from you that’s high praise indeed

Was checking the City fan forums and some who attended said there was indeed singing about Heysel but they all condemned it and said it was a minority of idiots.

Master
    No excuse for behaviour on either side.

Fan behaviour seems to be getting out of hand again.
    Well said and sadly true.

Idiots will be idiots and football fans have always displayed such deplorable antics.

On another note the Man City team bus was attacked and vandalised last night

Millwall’s Harry the dog will be making a come back.

Anyone remember him

I know it's a bit cliché but this thread is so revealing of the differences between R.U. supporters and football ones.

Yes, there are bad apples everywhere. But come on!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Grown men, strangers to one another, arguing on a watch forum about football

I love watching and playing football, but come on lads..

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post

It’s one step up from soccer mums and dads fighting on the touch line in the local park whilst watching their brats in an under 12s match. Being a moron starts early.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Well, for one you insinuated I would be singing songs mocking the dead
    You also said I would be hungover today, guessing I was drinking yesterday .

I responded to Ivan’s post about mocking Fodens Mum and you jumped in with both feet with your clubs statement accusing City fans of misbehaving. All whilst ignoring their own supporters actions .

Do you actually know what was written and/or sung ?
    so i didnt lie, thanks for clearing it up, and the only obvious conclusion is that you were drinking, it would at least give some plausible defence for your carry on. you called me a liar before that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    It’s one step up from soccer mums and dads fighting on the touch line in the local park whilst watching their brats in an under 12s match. Being a moron starts early.
    I had a spell refereeing youth football when my son was younger. Frack me, never again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I know it's a bit cliché but this thread is so revealing of the differences between R.U. supporters and football ones.
    I was thinking that too but on a wider scale. In RU

Fans behave
    Players respect the officials or get "binned"
    Players do not try to mislead officials by feigning injury, exaggerating a "foul" etc
    TMO is clear and transparent

Craftsman
    Millwall’s Harry the dog will be making a come back.

Anyone remember him
    The F troop, halfway line, :) Millwall Everton go back a long long way, good job there were no mobile phones available back in the dark days

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post

Fans behave
    Players do not try to mislead officials by feigning injury, exaggerating a "foul" etc
    Pretty much the same in Rugby League too, although a small minority of fans let the game down at times.

What I can’t understand with football is the deep- rooted feuding between fans of certain clubs, it’s moronic.

Maybe the difference between rugby and football fans us the fact that, primarily, rugby fans are fans of the sport itself and their club allegiance is secondary. We are separate factions of the same tribe, I don’t sense that with football fans.

Master

Fans behave
    Tom Williams ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mind!

I was watching my two Grandsons playing most of yesterday afternoon so missed the TV football.

I help my son with his team and there was barely any touchline fighting at all .......... although a Mum did run on the pitch.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    On another note the Man City team bus was attacked and vandalised last night
    Have you got a link or any context to that?

Journeyman
    Have you got a link or any context to that?
    https://amp.theguardian.com/football...p-coins-chants

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Tom Williams ?

Never heard of him

Master
    He was involved in the bloodgate scandal at Harlequins.

It’s genuine nonsense to say people in rugby don’t cheat or try to con the referee.

I’ve played both rugby and football to a decent level and the in game cheating is far higher in rugby than football.

Master
    He was involved in the bloodgate scandal at Harlequins.

It’s genuine nonsense to say people in rugby don’t cheat or try to con the referee.

I’ve played both rugby and football to a decent level and the in game cheating is far higher in rugby than football.

What's a "decent" level? - so for instance you aren't really trying to suggest that in game cheating is far higher in international rugby than football are you?!. Maybe read Haskells book as to his personal insight into Rugby

Master
    What's a "decent" level? - so for instance you aren't really trying to suggest that in game cheating is far higher in international rugby than football are you?!. Maybe read Haskells book as to his personal insight into Rugby
    There are different issues in both games, football tends to be sneakier, rugby more violent, for example you dont often get eye gouging in football.

Master
    You’ve just claimed you didn’t know who Tom Williams is, there’s zero point in even having this conversation of you don’t know about the biggest cheating scandal in English rugby history.

Yes I am claiming cheating in game is higher in rugby. The breakdown, stealing yards, holding, etc.

I don’t think you’ve ever actually played the game if you believe there’s no cheating in rugby.

Master
    You’ve just claimed you didn’t know who Tom Williams is, there’s zero point in even having this conversation of you don’t know about the biggest cheating scandal in English rugby history.

That was 13 years ago so old news, but no, there is clearly no point having the conversation, we are never going to agree on football having far less cheating than rugby.

Grand Master
    The bloodgate saga was disgraceful, have to agree. Tightening up blood injury protocols came in at around the time of the original AIDS scare, it simply became unacceptable to continue playing whilst bleeding, same rules came into Rugby League too. It's naïve to say cheating doesn`t happen in both codes of rugby, but somehow its seems far less cynical than the top level footballers trying to 'win' free kicks and pretending to be injured.

In all sports, particularly where money's involved, players will try to bend the rules, con the ref, and generally get advantage where they can, sad but true. Ball-stealing in Rugby League is a common one, its hard to see whether a player has lost control of the ball or had it pulled out by a tacklers hand, slow motion replays often reveal that the ref has been conned.

What annoys me, whether it's football or rugby, is the blinkered fans who can`t see any ill within their own team, they only see what they want to see. If my teams make mistakes or play badly I accept it and level criticism accordingly. Ill-discipline, players getting sin-binned or sent off needlessly, it's frustrating especially when it costs the team the match, but some fans will always blame the referee regardless!

Supporting Wakefield Trinity and Leeds United is a heavy cross to bear, you learn to be philosophical, but I see no point in taking the rose-tinted spectacles approach. Both teams struggled last season and the reasons were plain to see, hopefully things will get better. Both had their glory days in the distant past!

Master
    That was 13 years ago so old news, but no, there is clearly no point having the conversation, we are never going to agree on football having far less cheating than rugby.
    James Haskell “ Scrums should be cancelled, they’re all cheating. Everyone’s conning everyone, everyone’s tricking everyone, it’s all bullshit. They’re all cheating, going down, doing angles looking for the referee “

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post

A-men to this:

Football is tribal and people have some seriously tainted views and are blinded by loyalty IMHO of course

As an Arsenal fan I'm fuming to see an absolutely abject Spurs getting completely pumped by Man Utd and somehow holding on. Fully expect Spurs to win 1-0 with a solitary opportunity in the 2nd half

Any of you experts out there any idea how Everton can get a goal. Lots of huffing and puffing, but absolutely no threat to Newcastle’s goal.

3 defeats on the trot, roll on the World Cup so I can stop watching this shite.

Any of you experts out there any idea how Everton can get a goal. Lots of huffing and puffing, but absolutely no threat to Newcastle’s goal.

If you are supporting England I seriously doubt the football will be getting much better TBH

If you are supporting England I seriously doubt the football will be getting much better TBH
    Agreed, need an open mind, the Germans always put their A game in at tournaments and Argentina look decent at present.

Come on Wales

You had a fair amount of the ball tonight but we have the best defensive record in the league. We’re as comfortable playing the high press as the low block which is surprising and impressive in equal measure.

We never look panicked and clearly know our jobs through and through. I look at Everton and think with the likes of Iwobi and DCL it really isn’t a surprise you struggle for goals.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    We never look panicked and clearly know our jobs through and through. I look at Everton and think with the likes of Iwobi and DCL it really isn’t a surprise you struggle for goals.
    Completely agree David, DCL should stick to shaving adverts, he is little use to us and god only knows why people think he should be in the England squad. I wonder if City would lend us Haarling or Foden for a few weeks.

Newcastle looking good, you must be a happy chap. Certainly going in the right direction.

Master
    Spurs comprehensively demonstrating why United will seldom, if ever consider them a difficult fixture.

To be fair to Spurs United beat Arsenal and Arsenal are top of the league

But Arsenal only beat Leeds by a single goal last weekend and Bamford missed a penalty!
    I’ve followed Leeds all my life and Arsenal has always been an interesting fixture but any team fighting fir the title should really be beating us.

Even though we best Chelsea by three goals.

No doubt that we have work to do thouggh, Ryan. It's disappointing, to be honest.

Bear in mind you've not only lost to Manure and could easily have been beaten by Leeds. It's a funny old game for sure.

The stats from the MU/Spurs game show that United are either improving a lot week on week under ETH or Spurs are not worthy of their position, Loris had a brilliant game and stopped a lot of shots, actually the most shots in a game so far this season at 28 and 10 on target, let’s see what happens away at Chelsea!

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    The stats from the MU/Spurs game show that United are either improving a lot week on week under ETH or Spurs are not worthy of their position, Loris had a brilliant game and stopped a lot of shots, actually the most shots in a game so far this season at 28 and 10 on target, let’s see what happens away at Chelsea!
    At present I suspect it's a bit of both. We've certainly only played to our potential in patches, and as a fan I'm beginning to get quite frustrated by Conte's rigid approach to team selection and his unwillingness to make changes until the last ten minutes of a game. Most Spurs fans I speak to feel similarly.

Our hope is that if we maintain a decent league position until it all falls into place we'll still have a shout at some silverware this season and a CL spot next season.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 20th October 2022 at 09:51.

Fair points Tony. I think the issue is going to be that Spurs fans will accept that but Conte won’t. He definitely sees himself as a serial trophy winner so if he doesn’t think that’ll be the progression he’ll be off.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    At present I suspect it's a bit of both. We've certainly only played to our potential in patches, and as a fan I'm beginning to get quite frustrated by Conte's rigid approach to team selection and his unwillingness to make changes until the last ten minutes of a game. Most Spurs fans I speak to feel similarly.

Our hope is that if we maintain a decent league position until it all falls into place we'll still have a shout at some silverware this season and a CL spot next season.

Fair points Tony. I think the issue is going to be that Spurs fans will accept that but Conte won’t. He definitely sees himself as a serial trophy winner so if he doesn’t think that’ll be the progression he’ll be off.
    We'd be happy to see that happen if it meant Poch returned (into an environment that saw him backed, which he wasn't first time around). The only risk to that I see at present is a Gerrard sacking.

Surely Poch wouldn’t go to Villa? Isn’t Steve Bruce more their level?

We'd be happy to see that happen if it meant Poch returned (into an environment that saw him backed, which he wasn't first time around). The only risk to that I see at present is a Gerrard sacking.

I hope so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    But Arsenal only beat Leeds by a single goal last weekend and Bamford missed a penalty!
    I’ve followed Leeds all my life and Arsenal has always been an interesting fixture but any team fighting fir the title should really be beating us.

Even though we best Chelsea by three goals.
    We all know that football is not like that Dave . Not an exact science.

I was at Elland Road game and it was like watching the Chelsea of old. We played some superb football against Spurs the week before (robbed by Anthony Taylor and var) then got completely outplayed by Leeds. Not only outplayed but out thought, over powered and comprehensively beaten.

Our game this weekend vs Man Utd will be interesting. Who knows how that’s going to turn out. We’ll see if Potter really is a wizard or if it’s just papering over the cracks again.

Both Poch and TT are out there, although I’m guessing very expensive on the wages front. Leicester and Villa need to make a shout on their managers fairly soon, possibly before the WC break starts - stick with or sack. Lamps is not a million miles behind those two, but if our run of defeats continues he could be next in line.

Master
    Both Poch and TT are out there, although I’m guessing very expensive on the wages front. Leicester and Villa need to make a shout on their managers fairly soon, possibly before the WC break starts - stick with or sack. Lamps is not a million miles behind those two, but if our run of defeats continues he could be next in line.
    Lots of jobs coming up for Big Fat Sam

Agreed, Ken. I'll tell you what, though - if there was a poll now amongst all Spurs fans for an immediate change, I reckon they'd choose Poch over Conte by a landslide.

Master
    Agreed, Ken. I'll tell you what, though - if there was a poll now amongst all Spurs fans for an immediate change, I reckon they'd choose Poch over Conte by a landslide.
    Poch back to Spurs? Yes please.

Serial title winner…oh wait…Ligue 1.

Thrilling game last night at Anfield.

Although Liverpool dominated the first half it changed a bit when Darwin went off ( he was superb) and we looked brilliant in the second, looking like scoring only for Bowen to screw up our pen!

Seriously, since Noble retired we haven't had a solid pen taker and it's pretty alarming. I think Benni, Lanz or even Scamacca could have made a much better effort.

Still, losing 1-0 away to Liverpool is no disgrace but a draw would have been better!
    Cheers,
    Neil.